PDA

View Full Version : Konerko WS jersey

karamaxjoe
12-22-2009, 01:08 PM
Maybe one of you local guys might like to take a chance on this? I tried to photomatch the back, but it's tough to make a 100% decision without seeing the front of the jersey.

It also doesn't help when the seller is clueless and won't answer the question on how he received the jersey and how he knows it's real.

If I remember correctly, the Sox put the WS patch on all the leftover jerseys from 2005 and sold them at Soxfest and the Garage Sale.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/clt/1519910456.html

sox83cubs84
12-22-2009, 01:54 PM
I know that the Sox added WS patches to the home vests and black alternate jerseys....two styles the team didn't wear in the '05 series.

Given the popularity of the 2005 team on the South Side, $550 seems a little low...of course, you said the guy appears to be clueless. Still, between a refusal to answer a specific question and the fact that it's Craig's List, it probably not worth the hassle.

Dave M.
Chicago area

grenda12
12-22-2009, 03:18 PM
Sent ya an email on it.

platinum1
12-23-2009, 12:29 PM
Maybe one of you local guys might like to take a chance on this? I tried to photomatch the back, but it's tough to make a 100% decision without seeing the front of the jersey.

It also doesn't help when the seller is clueless and won't answer the question on how he received the jersey and how he knows it's real.

If I remember correctly, the Sox put the WS patch on all the leftover jerseys from 2005 and sold them at Soxfest and the Garage Sale.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/clt/1519910456.html
This is not the jersey Konerko used in the World Series. I have looked at many many pictures and its doesnt match up. It looks like the Sox just added the WS patch to the jersey and had Konerko sign the jersey like all the other jerseys they had left over from the 2005 season. Also the strip tag is missing the "S" for set. I have been in contact with the seller and he told me the reason its missing the "S" is because the Sox didn't have them on playoff jerseys. Not true I had a 2007 Bobby Jenks jersey with no "S" on it and the Sox didn't even make the playoffs and when I told him that when changed his tone about the jersey.
Has anyone else been in contact with him? What did he have to say about the jersey?

karamaxjoe
12-23-2009, 12:47 PM
Liz or Grenda12 received this response from him:
The jersey was aquired through a friend that works for the white sox. It has all the tagging from the sox at the bottom. It also has a pass mounted below it from the White Sox post game party for the payers and employees at the Westin Hotel in houston

He wouldn't answer my list of questions since he claimed he had 8 other guys interested. Today he dropped the price which means those 8 guys turned into zero guys.

The Getty photos helped a bit, but there is a really good shot of the back of Konerko in the WS video right before he takes a curtain call after the grand slam. That shot made the sellers jersey no good. The NOB doesn't match with the pinstripes and the WS patch is off.

I'm not sure what the significance is of having the players number on the tag instead of the set number. They could have been made for the playoffs, but never worn. I've seen a few of these from 2006. I'm guessing these jerseys were made to be signed and given away after the WS.