PDA

View Full Version : BEWARE!!! Seller luckyone77777 on eBay.

xpress34
12-23-2009, 10:51 PM
This seller - luckyone77777 - screwed me on an MLB Authenticated Lance Berkman 2008 ASG BP Jersey.

I won the auction (VERY LOW - $86) and then the seller immediately eMailed me telling me NOT TO PAY as the Jersey had already been SOLD.

They're not willing to do anything of valuefor me, claiming that since I hadn't paid anything yet, I have no recourse. Apparently eBay feels the same way - other the fact that they will record a 'mark' in their file...

BEWARE!!!

I have all eBay correspondence from this Seller as well to back up as FACTUAL the statements made here.

- Chris

ironmanfan
12-23-2009, 10:53 PM
hadn't we seen this post before?

xpress34
12-23-2009, 11:26 PM
I never named the seller previously as I was giving them time to do the right thing... that time ended when they actually had the gall to write and ask me to agree to CANCEL the transaction and not leave any type of feedback - like the whole thing just never happened.

Now, I just want everyone to know who the seller was so they can be forewarned.

xpress34
12-23-2009, 11:41 PM
This is the type of Seller they are... this was just rcvd after I finally left Negative Feedback...

Dear c_cubed_productions,

I was in the process of getting the jersey back. I was going to give my son's friend $100 extra to return it. I should be getting it back within 2 days....Ohh well.....I guess I have to relist it now and block you from bidding. Your negative will not affect me. I have tons of customers to sell too...MERRY CHRISTMAS.....HEHEHEHE.....COntact anyone you want it does not matter...take care...

- luckyone77777

If anyone sees this jersey listed ANYWHERE, please contact me:

LANCE BERKMAN AUTO BATTING PRACTICE JERSEY & AUTO HAT

2008 ALL STAR BATTING PRACTICE JRSY MLB HOLOGRAM LH154066

markize
12-24-2009, 12:10 AM
This is the type of Seller they are... this was just rcvd after I finally left Negative Feedback...

Dear c_cubed_productions,

I was in the process of getting the jersey back. I was going to give my son's friend $100 extra to return it. I should be getting it back within 2 days....Ohh well.....I guess I have to relist it now and block you from bidding. Your negative will not affect me. I have tons of customers to sell too...MERRY CHRISTMAS.....HEHEHEHE.....COntact anyone you want it does not matter...take care...

- luckyone77777

If anyone sees this jersey listed ANYWHERE, please contact me:

LANCE BERKMAN AUTO BATTING PRACTICE JERSEY & AUTO HAT

2008 ALL STAR BATTING PRACTICE JRSY MLB HOLOGRAM LH154066

if they relist, and block you, I'd be happy to bid on it for you.

Mark

jbsportstuff
12-24-2009, 09:08 AM
Chris,
I just checked his feedback and he's blasted you with lies about the negative.

Reply by luckyone77777 (Dec-23-09 19:44):

BUYER WANTED ME SEND JERSEY TO ANOTHER ADDRESS! SCAM ARTIST! DID NOT PAY!
I thought you might want to post a reply to his lie on Ebay. This type of stuff is just horrible. EBAY should ban this idiot and any other idiot who pulls this crap.

MikeM
12-26-2009, 08:53 PM
Chris,

I thought you might want to post a reply to his lie on Ebay. This type of stuff is just horrible. EBAY should ban this idiot and any other idiot who pulls this crap.

Absolutely. Report this to eBay.
If he immediately filed a report that the item was already sold and wrote you requesting you not to pay through eBay's message system, then this proves he's scamming.

I really am sick of this type of stuff on eBay.

xpress34
12-27-2009, 12:05 AM
Chris,

Guys -

Thanks for all the support. I just called and hung up on eBay who told me in no uncertain terms that the Feedback System is a PUBLIC Forum and unless the stuff posted is INFLAMATORY, they won't do anything. They do NOT consider SLANDER inflamatory.

The court system however will have a different view, I'm sure.

This is the message I just sent to this jackass:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"LANCE BERKMAN AUTO BATTING PRACTICE JERSEY & AUTO HAT (#270499800081)

So now you're going to slander me on your reply to my feedback?

I have forwarded all of your eMails to my Attorney and he will be preparing to file charges against you and your son sometime in the next week or two unless you want to resolve this issue. I have them all, the one telling me NOT to pay (you claim I didn't pay - a lie, therefore SLANDER) and telling me I will never get the jersey (you claim I asked you to send it to another address - another lie, MORE SLANDER) and calling me a scam artist (you are the one who claims the item was already SOLD but let your auction go to term - one more charge of SLANDER).

Lucky for me you posted in a PUBLIC Forum and I have your PRIVATE eMails to me. By SLANDERING and DEFACING my name PUBLICLY, you have now opened yourself up to a Lawsuit. I told you all along it was about principle, not the money.

Let me know what you want to do now. I would tread lightly.

- Chris"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The thing I don't get in this slander (I had this issue a few years ago with an item I paid for and didn't receive) is why they would say I asked to have item sent to a different address??? How would this benefit ANYONE if they were trying to scam someone???

Anyway, I will be persuing this and we'll see how stupid this jackass is...

I also appreciate the offers to bid on my behalf if this item ever surfaces - that means a lot as well.

If any of you are so inclined, please pull this user up, pull up any auction and 'ask the seller a question' use the item # above for the Berkman jersey and ask them to tell you what happened and see what they send back to you... I'm looking to BURY these jackasses.

- Chris

ironmanfan
12-27-2009, 12:28 AM
I think you need to look up the definition of the term "slander"

xpress34
12-27-2009, 12:43 AM
I think you need to look up the definition of the term "slander"

a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report: a slander against his good name.

Yes, technically this would be LIBEL -

a. defamation by written or printed words, pictures, or in any form other than by spoken words or gestures. b. the act or crime of publishing it.
My wife works for a Law Firm... I already have an attorney working on this and the charges will be filed as appropriate.

jobathenut
12-27-2009, 04:30 AM
I am afraid to say anything as i don't want to be named in the suit.But "express" seriously a lawyer? I am not a lawyer,don't have a lawyer and don't know anyone who is.But one of my favorite shows is law and order:) .And with all due respect i really can not see a case here.The person called you a name on "greedbay".Yeah it happens all the time on there.Back when i used to go on there it happen to me.And i just built a bridge and got over it.I mean chalk it up to "whatever" and moved on from it.As to me that person was'nt worth the time and energy to even think about them or get back at them.I mean do what you want to do.If you got the time and energy to do all of that then go ahead.I just don't see the sense of it.I mean you called that person names on a public forum.So i am not sure how what you did is any different than what they did.Yes, that person lied but is it really worth taking off work and going to the court house to handle this cause someone lied to you and called you names.Again i don't mean to offend and i am sorry if i upset you.As that is the last thing i would want to do to you.I just think you are making a big deal about something very silly.

xpress34
12-27-2009, 12:11 PM
I am afraid to say anything as i don't want to be named in the suit.But "express" seriously a lawyer? I am not a lawyer,don't have a lawyer and don't know anyone who is.But one of my favorite shows is law and order:) .And with all due respect i really can not see a case here.The person called you a name on "greedbay".Yeah it happens all the time on there.Back when i used to go on there it happen to me.And i just built a bridge and got over it.I mean chalk it up to "whatever" and moved on from it.As to me that person was'nt worth the time and energy to even think about them or get back at them.I mean do what you want to do.If you got the time and energy to do all of that then go ahead.I just don't see the sense of it.I mean you called that person names on a public forum.So i am not sure how what you did is any different than what they did.Yes, that person lied but is it really worth taking off work and going to the court house to handle this cause someone lied to you and called you names.Again i don't mean to offend and i am sorry if i upset you.As that is the last thing i would want to do to you.I just think you are making a big deal about something very silly.

Joba -

1st, that is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

2nd, what I did is VERY different as I have every email sent to me through eBay from this person and can back up everything I've said.

They are making FALSE statements about myself and have even taken some very personal shots at both myself and my family in some of the messages they have sent me while I was still trying to be reasonable about trying to resolve this issue.

Like anything else in this hobby - is the auto/game used item real/authentic, etc - all we each have is our opinions and we are each entitled to them.

While I respect your opinion on this issue, it's not your reputation or name that is being soiled by this person, so yes, I intend to do what I deem necessary until I am satisfied I have no more options.

All the best -

Chris

jobathenut
12-28-2009, 01:39 AM
xpress-I was not saying what that person did or said was right.I was just saying that to me it's not worth it.I mean it's ebay,who cares what someone on there calls you.The people that know you know different and that's all that should matter.And noone really pays attention to those feedbacks and what they say anyways.I mean it's all he said,they said kind of thing on there and everyone knows that.I understand you feel disrespected or whatever but i would'nt care what someone on ebay said about me.Like i said i have had the same thing happen to me when i used to be on there.And i just ignored them and let them say what they wanted.Again as you stated thats just my opinion.I just hope it all works out for you and you feel you get the justice that you want.good luck:)
Joba -

1st, that is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

2nd, what I did is VERY different as I have every email sent to me through eBay from this person and can back up everything I've said.

They are making FALSE statements about myself and have even taken some very personal shots at both myself and my family in some of the messages they have sent me while I was still trying to be reasonable about trying to resolve this issue.

Like anything else in this hobby - is the auto/game used item real/authentic, etc - all we each have is our opinions and we are each entitled to them.

While I respect your opinion on this issue, it's not your reputation or name that is being soiled by this person, so yes, I intend to do what I deem necessary until I am satisfied I have no more options.

All the best -

Chris

NYCrulesU
12-28-2009, 03:08 AM
Your name and reputation being ruined by some morons remarks in Ebay feedback? C'mon. How old are we? I'm sure there are tons of other Berkman jerseys out there. So you didn't get the steal on the decade. So what. Let it go and move on.

This all boils down to you wanting this particular jersey for $86. And the seller refusing to sellit to you for $86. Is the seller in the wrong? Yes. Are you acting like a spoiled child that isn't getting his way? Yes.

Chalk it up to another bad experience on Ebay and drive on. Hooah.

sox83cubs84
12-28-2009, 02:06 PM
Of course, what goes around often comes around, as well. I had an eBay seller several years ago who was tearing me a new one in his ebay item listings by name, all because I left him negative feedback. Not too long after that, this seller became a target on this very Forum as the team he specialized in had team store officials indicating that he had altered the knobs of a pitcher's bats to reflect use from a star of the era. I can understand your frustration with this nutball, but, even if you don't succeed in taking him down, chances are decent that someone (or something) else will. Good luck in your dispute.

Dave M.
Chicago area

jondris
12-29-2009, 10:51 AM
express ...lets say you go to court and win the case ...What are you damages ? how much have you lost ? Second problem is your name is not even mentioned in the feedback profile .........
'
I would hope that you have bigger fish to fry !!

STLHAMMER32
12-29-2009, 11:14 AM
this sounds like a case for Judge Joe Brown. In all seriousness I can understand the frustration but this happens countless times on ebay. If the seller took your money and ran for the $87 it probably would still be too petty to pursue legal action....but since no money was lost and the seller obviously did not want to see it go that cheap, it is what it is.

I think our court systems have much more serious cases that need to be heard... this is just an example of a seller not wanting to sell. No money lost but an opportunity was lost. I have learned not to get to excited about a great deal until it arrives because this not an unusual situation.

Xpress I feel your pain but if this is about principle maybe trade fighting this case and put your time and resources you would spend in court, meetings, paperwork, expenses and anything else it would take to pursue actual legal action and do charity work or help donate time and effort to support a cause like child abuse prevention or work with individuals who have had their entire life savings snatched from them from schemes like madoffs scams. I guess my point is there are much more important things and people who have lossed much more that have to pick up and move forward even in the worst cases.

mariner_gamers
12-29-2009, 02:38 PM
I find it endlessly amusing folks on a game used forum are telling someone else how better to spend their time. We collect tokens of other people's sports acheivements and write posts about them. I could not care less if somebody got screwed and wants to try and nail said party. It is their perogative and they will probably learn something more useful in the process than I will surfing eBay.

Good Luck!!

suave1477
12-29-2009, 02:56 PM
Your name and reputation being ruined by some morons remarks in Ebay feedback? C'mon. How old are we? I'm sure there are tons of other Berkman jerseys out there. So you didn't get the steal on the decade. So what. Let it go and move on.

This all boils down to you wanting this particular jersey for $86. And the seller refusing to sellit to you for $86. Is the seller in the wrong? Yes. Are you acting like a spoiled child that isn't getting his way? Yes.

Chalk it up to another bad experience on Ebay and drive on. Hooah.

I agree

STLHAMMER32
12-29-2009, 03:06 PM
I find it endlessly amusing folks on a game used forum are telling someone else how better to spend their time. We collect tokens of other people's sports acheivements and write posts about them. I could not care less if somebody got screwed and wants to try and nail said party. It is their perogative and they will probably learn something more useful in the process than I will surfing eBay.

Good Luck!!

forums are mostly about opinions...we all have our different opinions if xpress wanted to keep the matter private he would not posted it on the forum. Just because I or anyone else personally feel his time is better spent elswhere doesnt mean he has to listen. He is free to do whatever and it may be the right decision for him.

mariner_gamers
12-29-2009, 07:04 PM
forums are mostly about opinions...we all have our different opinions if xpress wanted to keep the matter private he would not posted it on the forum. Just because I or anyone else personally feel his time is better spent elswhere doesnt mean he has to listen. He is free to do whatever and it may be the right decision for him.

Forums are about rules and respect when offering opinions. In a previous thread Xpress asked us our opinion on a scenario. This thread is the choice he has made. You can attack the legitimacy of his claim but to suggest he could be spending his time better and include a list is off-topic and rude.

STLHAMMER32
12-29-2009, 07:14 PM
Forums are about rules and respect when offering opinions. In a previous thread Xpress asked us our opinion on a scenario. This thread is the choice he has made. You can attack the legitimacy of his claim but to suggest he could be spending his time better and include a list is off-topic and rude.

my sincere apologies if I offended you, Xpress or anyone else, it certainly was not my intent. I will keep my thoughts to myself in the future.