PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Vikings Adrian Peterson and Brett Favre JOSPORTSCO on Youtube

williamt
12-24-2009, 11:41 PM
I came accross this on youtube. Looks like a promotional deal the Vikings and josports ran? It is very cool to see inside the locker room. Check out all the velcro they put on the pads!! Also looks like it is comfirmed Favre wears 2 jerseys a game. I spoke with Jarrod at josports and he said he is on the sidelines for alot of games, he didnt mention that he stands behind the bench!! Excellent authenticity. I have been very happy with all of my purchases and a friend of mine a huge buyer in the industry told me he he has purchased 90% of his collection from josports and NFL auctions.

Forgot this made me laugh. watch closely the clubhouse guys hands as they take the jerseys and put them in the bin to ship to josports. Has anyone actually seen josports office? I wonder what it looks like inside? He told me it smells for a day when they get jerseys in LOL
Enjoy. I did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8lPx06UKYw

spartakid
12-24-2009, 11:52 PM
very cool video

mbenga28
12-25-2009, 11:21 AM
I wonder what the average sports fan who looks at the site for the first time, out of curiosity, feels after seeing the prices.

tjm5711
12-25-2009, 11:31 AM
I wonder what the average sports fan who looks at the site for the first time, out of curiosity, feels after seeing the prices.

Bwahahahahaha ! I like you already mbenga28 !

jhunt28
12-25-2009, 01:40 PM
Thats some great press for JO Sports! They have come a long way. Congrats guys!!

GameUsedBatCollector65
12-25-2009, 01:52 PM

I will tell you, I felt like, I am wasting my time. Too dang expensive for my blood!

josportsco
12-25-2009, 02:09 PM
jhunt thank you. As for pricing probably the same thing everyone on the forum says: "We extremely high". But why dont you ask one of the collectors who called the Vikings prior to hearing about JOSportsCo to ask about a Peterson game worn jersey w/ (**********) paperwork, come to found out they bought a bad Peterson and the Vikings directed them to us and proceeded to purchase one from us at asking price. Recieved the jersey and was in total amazement the wear, COA and professionalism. Then sent me a list and pictures of 11 major A tier NFL stars game worn jersey he has purchased over the last 3 years. I will let you make a guess at how many were legit. He has been able to replace 5 of them from us with wear/photomatching/paperwork etc.
Listen the forum serves it purpose and I applaude that. It is the negative comments over and over that drive legitimate sources and collectors off this forum. Think of this, if we didnt have the customers we have purchasing the equipment at price we ask or negotitate then we would go out of business. A business I feel that has done a great service to this industry as well as Meigray, Steiner, on and on. I find myself only reading this forum anymore when someone calls me and says "you should read the forum there is a post about you" and honestly, I dont have to read it because I already know what it is going to say. So I read the other post about PRICING again and the other post about NFL auctions. In amazement NFL auctions gets knocked because they used to and occasionally get high prices, now just recently things are going for lower prices and it is finally acceptable. I wish our team and player deals were so afforable that I could allow selling a Peterson and Favre and Sanchez etc. for $1000 to please this forum, but it is just not the case. I do appriciate all of the positive feedback and we do everything we can to make everyone happy. But these jerseys are very difficult to obtain and we try to cater to every collector the high end as well as the low end. Again thank you. Jarrod

GameUsedBatCollector65
12-25-2009, 02:30 PM
I will tell you, I felt like, I am wasting my time. Too dang expensive for my blood!

Nothing negative JO, I wish I could afford your shirts! But too much for me. I bet a lot of the peeps who are unhappy with your prices wish they could afford them. But we can't.

So I collect bats and have only a pair of NFL items.

As you say JO , a lot of fake stuff shirts out there. That is why I only have two jeserys and almost 300 bats. It is pretty hard to fake a bat.....

tjm5711
12-25-2009, 02:48 PM
Nothing negative JO, I wish I could afford your shirts! But too much for me. I bet a lot of the peeps who are unhappy with your prices wish they could afford them. But we can't.

So I collect bats and have only a pair of NFL items.

As you say JO , a lot of fake stuff shirts out there. That is why I only have two jeserys and almost 300 bats. It is pretty hard to fake a bat.....

No doubt to the authenticity Of JO's jerseys. i've bought 2 Lance Briggs jerseys from them over the past year, and they are great products. It's like you said though GUC65. It's what you can afford that is the issue. Everyone is in a different financial scenario. But at least if you pay their prices there is no doubt it's real.

neverfinished94
12-25-2009, 04:12 PM
cool video. i wish i could get my hands on a Juaquin Iglesias bears jersey but i'm afraid i probably couldnt afford it :D

indyred
12-25-2009, 04:33 PM
Cool video.

JO Sports does awesome job in help cleaning up NFL game used business. Sure they have some spendy jerseys and they also have jerseys for under $200. No one says anything about those cheaper ones. People just love to bitch and moan. I would love to see people on this site bitching about prices try and run a business.
Also NFL.com auctions prices sometimes will make JO Sports jerseys like like bargins.

chakes89
12-25-2009, 05:01 PM
My only complaint about JO Sports is that they don't have stuff from my favorite team.

GO BENGALS! :D

tjm5711
12-25-2009, 08:14 PM
cool video. i wish i could get my hands on a Juaquin Iglesias bears jersey but i'm afraid i probably couldnt afford it :D

Iglesias would have to play for you to get one of those! If JO had one my guess it would be in the $800-$1000 range. But, I t don't think he's played in a regular season game.

tjm5711
12-25-2009, 08:21 PM
Cool video.

JO Sports does awesome job in help cleaning up NFL game used business. Sure they have some spendy jerseys and they also have jerseys for under $200. No one says anything about those cheaper ones. People just love to bitch and moan. I would love to see people on this site bitching about prices try and run a business.
Also NFL.com auctions prices sometimes will make JO Sports jerseys like like bargins.

Hey, I was just curious. Which jerseys on there are under $200 ? I've seen a few of obscure Raiders players from years past for $150. Are there any others of known players ? I'm not whining about their prices. There's really no point in that. LOL The cheapest Bears jerseys are around $700 right now. I was just wondering if I was missing something.

Dave4Reds
12-25-2009, 08:23 PM
chakes89 - I thought the same thing, but they do have Boomer Esiason ($2K) and Anthony Munoz ($2.5K) gamers! Hard to beat those...

Overall, I don't think their prices are out of line...just more than I can afford.

indyred
12-25-2009, 09:08 PM
Hey, I was just curious. Which jerseys on there are under $200 ? I've seen a few of obscure Raiders players from years past for $150. Are there any others of known players ? I'm not whining about their prices. There's really no point in that. LOL The cheapest Bears jerseys are around $700 right now. I was just wondering if I was missing something.

bunch Vikings are priced $200 and under. A couple Redskins were and Skins sideline stuff has some very sweet deals. Lots of stuff under $100 and $25 for throwback hand warmers from the 2002 season.

TriplexXxSports
12-25-2009, 09:22 PM

TJM, I agree 100%. Why is it that Bears gear is so costly. I mean they have Sexy Rexy jerseys jersey going for $750, right along with Cedric Benson. These guys don't even play for Chicago anymore. Rex is a 3rd stringer at Houston. What is the thought behind the price?

I would think that Ripon has a price per jersey that is uniform between teams. So why can a gamer from the Raiders (common player or player that is no longer on the squad, or a chump) go for $150, but a Rex Grossman, a 3rd stringer at Houston, is still going for $750?

Could it be Super Bowl XLI mark-up?

tjm5711
12-25-2009, 09:25 PM
I don't know Matt. i was wondering the same thing. They have a great Desmond Clark on there from '07 that is totally destroyed right now for $675. I think that and their Briggs jerseys for right around 1K are the best Bears buys right now !

tjm5711
12-25-2009, 09:27 PM
bunch Vikings are priced $200 and under. A couple Redskins were and Skins sideline stuff has some very sweet deals. Lots of stuff under $100 and $25 for throwback hand warmers from the 2002 season.

I just collect Chicago Bears items. And none of their Bears stuff is anywhere near that cheap. Thanks for the tip though !

TriplexXxSports
12-25-2009, 09:29 PM
I don't know Matt. i was wondering the same thing. They have a great Desmond Clark on there from '07 that is totally destroyed right now for $675. I think that and their Briggs jerseys for right around 1K are the best Bears buys right now !

But they are the 'best buys' from their previous prices. Not an average Joe's prices. They are still a bit costly.

Do us Bears fan really think a Johnny Knox is worth $1500 with a 5-11 season on the way?

tjm5711
12-25-2009, 09:32 PM
Knox has some good potential. But $1500? Nah, I wouldn't say that. The best investment in their Bears stuff is EASILY those Briggs jerseys.

TriplexXxSports
12-25-2009, 09:34 PM
I have found that, in the case of Bears players, it is easier to develop personal relationships with the players and buy their gear from them directly. Most of them are willing to do so and you avoid the mark up.

tjm5711
12-25-2009, 09:37 PM
I have found that, in the case of Bears players, it is easier to develop personal relationships with the players and buy their gear from them directly. Most of them are willing to do so and you avoid the mark up.

I bet that's easy for you, being there in Chicagoland. I'm down here in the Sunshine State !

TriplexXxSports
12-25-2009, 09:39 PM
All it takes is to ask nicely.......:D

TriplexXxSports
12-25-2009, 09:42 PM
All it takes is to ask nicely.......:D

I should also add that every player has their price. What you may want to give is not exactly what the player has in mind. But for the right amount of persistence and a good price, most players will give it up.

tjm5711
12-25-2009, 09:44 PM
I don't get it though ! Why would these guys who make millions be interested in such chump change for their stuff ?

TriplexXxSports
12-25-2009, 09:46 PM
I don't get it though ! Why would these guys who make millions be interested in such chump change for their stuff ?

Charity or some guys don't care about the worth because to them they are just "dirty ass shirts I wore when we lost" or "Those cleats just aren't that comfortable anymore".....There's alot of stuff.

TriplexXxSports
12-25-2009, 09:50 PM
EVERYTHING HAS ITS PRICE. The 1 thing that I've learned and lived by is - you want to eliminate as many hands as you can because each time it touches someone hands, the price goes up. If you can get to the source, or the 2nd in line to the players, it can be both rewarding and profitable for the both of you.

tjm5711
12-25-2009, 09:56 PM
That makes sense. I agree the less hands that touch it the better. The only two places I know to get stuff that is totally legit(except the players themselves of course) is JO and NFL Auctions. But you have to pay the premium !

indyred
12-25-2009, 09:56 PM
JO did have some $300 gamers from Mark Bradley. I thought $500 for Moose were a good deal, they even had C patch on them. The mark up on Grossman I'm sure is because it's orange alternate. Those are pretty much impossible to find other than the ones JO Sports/game exclusives brought into the hobby. They had really nice Benson from Dallas game that had a ton of photo matches and his orange alternate that also was easy photo match that I think were sold for $500.

TriplexXxSports
12-25-2009, 09:59 PM
And you cannot ever doubt those 2.........

34swtns
12-25-2009, 10:32 PM
I only wish I could corner the market and single-handedly dictate pricing for entire market niche. Talk about winning the lottery.
It's textbook American-dream capitalism at it's finest. Just another one of those ideas that the rest of us sit around, scratch our heads, and think, "wish I would've thought of that".

TriplexXxSports
12-25-2009, 11:01 PM
I only wish I could corner the market and single-handedly dictate pricing for entire market niche. Talk about winning the lottery.
It's textbook American-dream capitalism at it's finest. Just another one of those ideas that the rest of us sit around, scratch our heads, and think, "wish I would've thought of that".

YEP!

chakes89
12-25-2009, 11:24 PM
Just wanted to drop a note in here for the JOSports people,

The "wish list" feature on your website isn't working for me.

I tried putting something in there earlier today and it kept giving me error messages.

murfsteve25
12-26-2009, 12:08 AM
No doubt about it that JOsports does a great job. Prices may be high but at least you know your getting the real deal. I myself will pay a little more when i can purchase an item i know 100% hands down is legit. Unwashed jerseys and photomatching does just that.

Id love to see JOsports branch out in the future and deal with more teams and maybe get into baseball as well. I dont collect NFL, so JOsports is no good for me as of right now. But if they got into baseball then I would deff purchase from them (reasonable prices of course)

legaleagle92481
12-26-2009, 12:09 AM
I have purchased from JO and I must say they are great. They ship items right away, give you seven days to pay and they give you a nice folder with information about the jersey (or at least that is what I received with mine). And I love how they leave the jerseys unwashed! The prices in some cases I would characterize as high but they also have many items that I would say are underpriced. And the Briggs are a steal for a four time pro bowler!

tjm5711
12-26-2009, 12:24 AM
I'm thinking Briggs might make his fifth in a row this year. Not sure though.

legaleagle92481
12-26-2009, 01:04 AM
I'm thinking Briggs might make his fifth in a row this year. Not sure though.
He defintely has a great shot at it. At linebacker reputation and name recognition matter and once you make you tend to keep making it, with Ray Lewis as a prime example. He could be a hall of famer someday he is 29 so it is possible he reaches 8-10 pro bowls which would likely put him in.

tjm5711
12-26-2009, 01:45 AM
Briggs has always played in Urlacher's shadow. He is easily one of the most underrated players in the NFL. If you look at the prices of his jerseys right now on JO Sports, and put them on the scale compared to other players just getting more pub. He's a steal at $1000. Yes, I know I put "steal" and "$1000" in the same sentence without talking about robbing a bank. But he's a great investment at this point in his career. The only question is whether the Bears will get any better in the next few years. If he plays a few more years on teams like the 2009 Bears. it certainly won't help his stock !

legaleagle92481
12-26-2009, 01:55 AM
Briggs has always played in Urlacher's shadow. He is easily one of the most underrated players in the NFL. If you look at the prices of his jerseys right now on JO Sports, and put them on the scale compared to other players just getting more pub. He's a steal at $1000. Yes, I know I put "steal" and "$1000" in the same sentence without talking about robbing a bank. But he's a great investment at this point in his career. The only question is whether the Bears will get any better in the next few years. If he plays a few more years on teams like the 2009 Bears. it certainly won't help his stock !
He is this generation's Harry Carson.

34swtns
12-26-2009, 08:08 AM
He is this generation's Harry Carson.

VERY well put.

neverfinished94
12-26-2009, 11:23 AM
Iglesias would have to play for you to get one of those! If JO had one my guess it would be in the $800-$1000 range. But, I t don't think he's played in a regular season game.

he hasnt been active for a regular season game but he did play in the preseason. i just want a bears jersey of him thats not a replica

tjm5711
12-26-2009, 11:52 AM
he hasnt been active for a regular season game but he did play in the preseason. i just want a bears jersey of him thats not a replica

There's an autographed Proline helmet of his on NFL auctions and it's still under $100 ending Sunday night.

neverfinished94
12-27-2009, 10:16 AM
There's an autographed Proline helmet of his on NFL auctions and it's still under $100 ending Sunday night.

thanks! i dont think getting something signed by him will be hard (he was good friends with my brother growing up), but the price is great (cheaper than a unsigned proline) so i will keep a watch on it.