PDA

View Full Version : Help with sticker fix please?

spartakid
12-25-2009, 01:23 PM
Hello- I recently got a bat, although it's not here yet to take pics, and it has one of the flag stickers on it as shown in the link below (the bat I'm referring to is the black Manny x-bat). The sticker is starting to come off and I was wondering if anyone could make a recommendation as to how I should go about fixing it, if I should at all. I was thinking some type of glue, but wasn't sure if that was a good idea. I assume that at some point someone has run across this problem because the stickers seem to be fairly cheaply made. Any help is greatly appreciated. thank you

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=27509&stc=1&d=1248137625

spartakid
12-25-2009, 01:25 PM
The link only shows the attachments, and not the entire thread, so I just wanted to mention that these pics are from one of Nationals2k9's posts, just to give him credit.

nationals2k9
12-25-2009, 01:34 PM
Ricardo, I've used a small dab of gorilla glue in the past with stickers or loose tape. I do know though that you'll get a fair share of collectors who say to leave it how it is. If you decide to glue, just be careful you don't get any on your fingers that will pull the sticker further from the bat. Maybe apply a small dab and hold down for 60 seconds with something like tweezers?

If you bought the bat from Keith on Ebay, that's nicer than the one I used to own in my opinion!

AWA85
12-25-2009, 01:37 PM
I just used some Krazy Glue to fix a sticker that was coming off on one of my game used helmets. It worked perfectly, the glue comes out very slow and in a tiny amount so there was no excess or any problems. Just a tiny touch held the sticker back in place also. Came in a little bottle, think green package for about $3 or so.

Hope that helps.

spartakid
12-25-2009, 01:50 PM
Does the foam effect of the gorilla glue make it thick? I was leaning towards krazy glue, just because like AWA said, I could put it on in small dabs. So do you guys agree that I should fix it?

nationals2k9
12-25-2009, 02:11 PM
Maybe there are different types of gorilla glue... b/c I have a tiny bottle and the glue is clear like super glue. I personally have glued a sticker or tape down maybe 3-4 times. Ultimately it's up to you.

spartakid
12-25-2009, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys, I really appreciate it. I think I'll go down to the store when it comes and check out the types of strong glue they have. You both verified my main wuestion, whether or not I SHOULD fix it. Take care and Merry Christmas everyone.

stlbats
12-25-2009, 11:03 PM
Although I havent glued a sticker, I have glued back down a piece of tape on a bat before. I used the white Elmers (school glue) and it worked great. No problems whatsoever.

Thanks
Jason

flaco1801
12-26-2009, 06:47 AM
isnt adding glue restoring it.... u will have to remember this in case you sell it... the buyer should know...

spartakid
12-26-2009, 02:24 PM
Got it today, as a sort of late x-mas gift. I used some of those clampers to push down on the sticker and it seems to have worked. I guess this is the best as long as I don't have to add glue. If it doesn't, then I'll use some of your guys' suggestions. thanks