PDA

View Full Version : Hardest and easiest teams to find GU items

ivo610
12-27-2009, 02:59 PM
For me its the Green Bay Packers. There stuff never lands on josportsco or NFL auctions. Easiest IMO might be the Denver Broncos.

What does everyone else think? I would love to hear what problems baseball and basketball collectors have too.

Sonny25
12-27-2009, 03:02 PM
For me being a basketball collector it's the Charlotte Bobcats.

I live in North Carolina & would really like to start collecting, but have hardly ever seen anything (Minus some Okafor stuff) available.
I know MeiGray had some green Bobcat jerseys up last year, but wasn't in a position to go after them like I am now. :mad:

thomecollector
12-27-2009, 03:02 PM
I only collect baseball. I think batting helmets, and fielding gloves are the hardest. Jerseys, and bats are the easiest....:confused:

tjm5711
12-27-2009, 03:16 PM
Being exclusively a Bears collector the following would apply:

Easiest Bears items: Thanks to Jo Sports, most of the stars from the past view years are readily available. Even the Bears biggest star of the past 20 years(Brian Urlacher) isn't hard to find at a premium. Even Gale Sayers has had a couple jerseys go in the last few years.

Hardest Bears items: Dick Butkus! I think I remember seeing one jersey of his go for big bucks from a high end auction house. REAL Walter Payton items. I saw a Payton helmet last year on Ebay with zero paperwork go for around $1200. It's hard to find any Payton items with tremendous legitimacy behind it.

perlman9
12-27-2009, 03:21 PM
Sonny
I think http://www.gamewornuniforms.com/catalog/ has several Bobcats. I have tried to contact them about other items as they seem over priced, but maybe you will have better luck. They have yet to contact me back...

sox83cubs84
12-27-2009, 03:27 PM
NFL: Steelers and Patriots...easily.

MLB: Not much today, but going back a number of years, you've got 1977-88 Blue Jays, 1970s/early 80s Yankees, 1972 Indians, 1972 Angels, pre-early 1980s Astros, 1971 Orioles orange, pre-mid 1980s Tigers, and most unaltered flannels.

NBA: I agree on the Bobcats among current teams, as well as many old ABA teams and a lot of pre-1980 NBA clubs, too.

Dave M.
Chicago area

indyred
12-27-2009, 03:59 PM
Gotta believe the Steelers are the toughest team from any sport to get game used stuff from. Other than the Santonio Holmes jerseys JO Sports got from him. You never see Steelers stuff. I have never seen a single throwback Steelers jersey come on the market. Patriots were right up their with them, but have been selling the jerseys from game they played in London in this year on NFl.com auctions. They are also rumored to be selling off the set of red throwbacks from this season. Was on tweet from the guy who runs NFL auctions.

NHL I would say the Minnesota Wild. They are pretty tight with selling game used jerseys. But do sell sticks/helmets and practice stuff at team stores.

MLB Astros were pretty tough. But have auctioned jerseys and other stuff on MLB.com auctions in past couple years and have stuff at Stadium store. So they don't seem as tough as in past years.

ivo610
12-27-2009, 05:32 PM
NHL I would say the Minnesota Wild. They are pretty tight with selling game used jerseys. But do sell sticks/helmets and practice stuff at team stores.

Didnt all their stuff burn in a fire?

Lokee
12-27-2009, 07:46 PM
Living in Seattle and doing the "rounds" at least 2 times a week it would be Mariners game used stuff, Sonics game used stuff and I always see alot of Seahawks game used stuff as well. People have not really caught on for the most part.

I trade Nike shoes with some of the people from Africa and Vietnam at an outlet store. They buy all the sports stuff and fill up those shipping containers and send them back to Africa and Vietnam. Every couple weeks I get to cherry pick there stuff and in trade I give them pairs of shoes like Jordans ect...I have definately found some real nice pieces.

I do not see alot of hockey used stuff but I have snagged a few Seattle Thunderbird game used sweaters.

hiramman
12-28-2009, 09:33 AM
Atlanta Braves bats & jerseys are now among the easier items to aquire.

Braves caps are much tougher, although there were a few regular game-worn caps to show up for sale at the Clubhouse Store a couple of years ago and a few of the Stars & Stripes caps have appeared on the MLB Auctions recently. With the number of caps worn each season, there should be quite a few available, but you seldom see them for sale. I still haven't seen any legitimate game-used spring training caps or Sunday Alternate caps for sale, other than an occasional one on ebay from companies that are selling them through exclusive contracts with players like Matt Diaz or Tommy Hanson. In most cases these are autographed and show little if any game-wear.

Braves batting helmets are really, really tough. A few cracked ones showed up for sale by the Braves in the last couple of years, but overall Braves helmets are really tough to find.

legaleagle92481
12-28-2009, 02:26 PM
NBA:

Easy: Knicks
Hard: Cavs, Thunder

NFL:
Easy: Vikings, Raiders
Hard: Cards, Steelers, Bengals

NHL:

Easy: Islanders, Rangers, Devils, Stars
Hard: Wings, Hawks, Wild, Blue Jackets

MLB:

Easy: Most teams
Hard: Mariners

Manram
12-28-2009, 02:30 PM
I collect mainly game used helmets. The easiest teams to get those from are the rockies, tigers, and twins. The hardest team to get a helmet from would be the rangers(If they even sell there stuff)

legaleagle92481
12-28-2009, 02:59 PM
I collect mainly game used helmets. The easiest teams to get those from are the rockies, tigers, and twins. The hardest team to get a helmet from would be the rangers(If they even sell there stuff)

They (Rangers) have auctions on MLB all the time (I don't know about Helmets though) and I know they sell stuff at the stadium.

cohibasmoker
12-28-2009, 05:56 PM
Modern Era:
NFL:
Hardest - Steelers
Easiest - All of the NFL teams.

MLB:
Hardest - None
Easiest - All of the MLB teams.

Pre- 1980's:
NFL:
Hardest - Steelers
Easiest - None

MLB:
Hardest - Phillies, Yankees and Red Sox
Easiest - None

Misc:

NFL: Any all-original durene and/or NFL suspension helmet. The rarest of the rare?

I still remember the Final Innings event that was held by the Phillies on the closing of the Vet. The equipment guys kept bringing out rack after rack of jerseys. I couldn't and still don't believe what I saw.

Jim

pjbmd
12-28-2009, 08:13 PM
i think that by far the hardest game used items to aqcuire are batting gloves, cleats, and bats that were not used or signed by Gary Sheffield

nomo121
12-28-2009, 09:20 PM
I have never seen a Rangers helmet for sale at the stadium. Usually a lot of bats, and overpriced jerseys. They have increased the items they have been selling.

They (Rangers) have auctions on MLB all the time (I don't know about Helmets though) and I know they sell stuff at the stadium.

sox83cubs84
12-28-2009, 09:55 PM
[quote=legaleagle92481;176934]

NHL:

Easy: Islanders, Rangers, Devils, Stars
Hard: Wings, Hawks, Wild, Blue Jacket

The Blackhawks sell their gamers via a downtown Chicago gift shop (Hawkquarters).

Dave M.
Chicago area

ivo610
12-28-2009, 10:06 PM
Im surprised no one else mentioned the packers. Is there a place I am not looking? I never see any current starter jerseys for sale. Can anyone point me in the right direction? It would be great to get Josportsco to comment on this topic...

suave1477
12-29-2009, 11:29 AM
Hardest - Years ago I would say the Yankees
Easiest - Today same team Yankees

Gillymo
01-01-2010, 10:56 PM
I have never seen a Packers jersey for sale newer than a year 2000.
Last week an A.J. Hawk 2005 popped up on ebay. I was the high bidder when it was pulled.
I currently have 10 Packers gamers but none after 2000.

gwh11
01-01-2010, 11:18 PM
The Hawk jersey was a fraud:
http://packersgameusedgear.blogspot.com/2009/12/watch-them-like-hawk.html

There have been some post-2000 Packers gamers for sale, but not a substantial amount, that's for sure.
Guy