PDA

View Full Version : Question about my 2009 Mets TBTC Uniform

LastingsMilledge85
12-28-2009, 10:21 PM
I was just taking a look at my Bobby Parnell GU Mets TBTC uniform and the jersey was used from the game he pitched in, but the pants are game issued. My question is regarding the pants because to me they look used and not issued. At the bottom of the pants there are a few small dirt stains and there are cuts inside the bottom of the pants where the elastic band was to be taken out. Is the MLB holo wrong regarding the uniform or are the pants actually issued? Thanks for any help

platinum1
12-28-2009, 10:53 PM
I was just taking a look at my Bobby Parnell GU Mets TBTC uniform and the jersey was used from the game he pitched in, but the pants are game issued. My question is regarding the pants because to me they look used and not issued. At the bottom of the pants there are a few small dirt stains and there are cuts inside the bottom of the pants where the elastic band was to be taken out. Is the MLB holo wrong regarding the uniform or are the pants actually issued? Thanks for any help
Are sure the pants are game used. MLB holograms are not always 100%

LastingsMilledge85
12-29-2009, 12:02 AM
The auction and the holo say issued, but the pants look like they have some use on them. The Mets had two auctions for these uniforms because there were two sets of uniforms in the second auction it stated that the pants were used, but in the first it stated the pants were issued. I one the Parnell uniform from the first auction.

legaleagle92481
12-29-2009, 10:47 AM
Hmm well it could be a hologram error or the equipment manager or whoever could have had dirt on his hands and touched the pants creating the stains. The elastic band thing could have been done to prepare the pants for use.

suave1477
12-29-2009, 11:23 AM
Sniff the crotch if it doesn't smell like downy fresh they probably were used lol lol:D :D

Sorry had to thrown that one in lol

rmichne
12-29-2009, 03:43 PM
Hello,
There was a mix-up with the pants and they were collected and washed before MLB had a chance to verify and hologram them. MLB would only tag them as issued even though they knew that they were used in the August 14, 2009 game.

Thanks

Ron Michne Jr

rmichne
12-29-2009, 03:45 PM
Forgot to add that the jerseys from the August 14th & 15th games were not washed before the auction on mlb.com. Mine was 'ripe' right out of the box. (Back to back games in August...whew!)

Ron Michne Jr

LastingsMilledge85
12-29-2009, 04:51 PM
Mine smells fine, he did only actually play in one game so that probably explains it.