PDA

View Full Version : New Bat Display Rack

tbone90
12-29-2009, 10:34 PM
I just received a very special Christmas present from my father that I wanted to share with everyone. He loves to do wood work and is very exceptional at it and he also knows very well my love for collecting g/u baseball memorabilia. He has already made me several beautiful display cases but this one was a total surprise. He's my best friend and we always have equally great conversations whether it be about wood working or sports (and my "stuff") which makes this piece that much more special to me.

It is a solid oak, spinning bat rack that holds 12 bats. It stands a little over three feet tall and 20 inches across. Engraved on the top is a picture of League Park where the Cleveland Indians used to play in the early 1900's. The center post is hexagon shaped with the names and dates of past and current Cleveland sports team stadiums.

I shuffled some of my game used bats to fill the new display rack so it now holds my:

Prince Fielder C331 '98 Dustin Pedroia S318
'08 Manny Ramirez Nike '09 Troy Tulowitzki S357
'09 Mark Reynolds O/H J154 Matt Holiday O/H J143
'05 Robinson Cano Raw 456B '07 Adam Jones Marucci AJ10
'03 Vlad Guerrero Sam EM1 Jimmy Rollins Max C4
(2) '09 Justin Upton O/H J154

SkubeBats
12-29-2009, 10:55 PM
Nice bat rack, and a nice Fielder bat you got there...

markize
12-29-2009, 10:55 PM
Tony,

that's a great looking bat rack, and fine quality craftsmanship! very cool.

Mark

vdsporty25
12-29-2009, 11:21 PM
Sweet looking bat rack!!! Looks like you have some awesome bats to display in it as well!

NegleyPirate
12-30-2009, 05:23 PM
Tony,
the bat rack is amazing looking!!! Does your father sell them??
Mike

markfd
12-30-2009, 07:42 PM
Tony,

Awesome bat rack looks great with the rest of your display pieces too!

Nnunnari
12-30-2009, 10:35 PM
nice collection, I like the glass case on the wall.

tbone90
12-31-2009, 11:47 AM
Thanks for all the kind words. I couldn't be happier with it. Several people have asked/emailed wanting to know if he sells them or any other cases and unfortunately he does not. I've tried talking him into making an extra case or two just to see how well they'd sell but he refuses. He's been retired for some time and just enjoys playing in the garage. He says if he had to make them to order it would take the enjoyment out of it. Normally what happens is I'll mention in conversation that it would be nice to have a bat case that looks like this or that and several months later it shows up at my house, lol. Since I've noticed a pattern I happened to mention how nice it would be to have some sort of case to display a few of my g/u bases in...I'll let you's know if anything shows up :rolleyes:

Here's a few pics of some of the other cases he's made:

mwbosoxfan
12-31-2009, 12:56 PM
The rack and your displays are awesome! How did he do the etching of League Park on the top of the stand up bat rack? Very unique and very cool!

John