http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz317/johnsnhu80/TBJersey010.jpg

http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz317/johnsnhu80/TBJersey011.jpg

http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz317/johnsnhu80/TBJersey012.jpg

http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz317/johnsnhu80/TBJersey013.jpg

http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz317/johnsnhu80/TBJersey016.jpg

http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz317/johnsnhu80/TBJersey018.jpg

JasonBanz
12-30-2009, 07:43 PM
I would say pro cut, not issued. The sleeves look elastic, and does not appear to have the open QB cut. Pic included.

johnsnhu
12-30-2009, 08:11 PM
Thanks, Jason! I thought that was the case. I was hoping for game issued, but a good piece none the less.

johnsnhu
12-30-2009, 08:35 PM
Although, I did find some other images on Getty that look exactly like the jersey I posted. Could I try to call the NFL and get more info about it, since it came with a letter from them?

legaleagle92481
12-31-2009, 02:02 AM
Although, I did find some other images on Getty that look exactly like the jersey I posted. Could I try to call the NFL and get more info about it, since it came with a letter from them?
Why not call what have you got to lose? Though I think they would have notated on the letter if it were game used.

legaleagle92481
12-31-2009, 02:02 AM
Why not call what have you got to lose? Though I think they would have notated on the letter if it were game used.
Issued I mean not used.

jhunt28
12-31-2009, 10:52 AM
I'm no expert, but the positioning of the name plate, numbers, nfl shield, reebok logo on the sleeves, patriots patch on the sleeves, and patriots spelled out on the chest all seem to match up perfectly. I agree, the sleeves seem as if they would be the only point in question, but I found this pic from 2005, and the sleeves don't look that "open" to me? You can also see the stitching on the sleeve in this pic, and they look similar? But you guys can probably judge better than I, just thought I'd add this.

johnsnhu
12-31-2009, 11:19 AM
I thought so too. That was one of the pictures I found. I have a call into the NFL to find out more about where it came from. I got this jersey on eBay for $295.00. It came with the tristar stuff and the letter from the NFL. When I called they said the person who signed the letter was no longer in that department, but the did transfer me to another person in the events department, and I left a voicemail. The lady who was selling it on eBay said the NFL donated it to a childrens foundation, and it was auctioned off and she won it back in 2008. All in all a good find either way it turns out. Thanks for eveyones help on this, and if anyone else has any insight on it, please reply.

johnsnhu
01-04-2010, 09:28 PM
On another note... I just submitted this item to Steve Sipe @ Global Authentication for a digital review, and his team says it is likely not genuine. HUH?!?!?

Can someone explain to me how? The item has a Tri-Star Holo on it that matches up exactly on www.tristarauthentic.com (http://www.tristarauthentic.com), and the item came with a letter from the NFL.

I am a little peaved that GAI doesnt know their stuff...

johnsnhu
01-04-2010, 09:32 PM
Update: Talking about the Auto on it...

mbrieve
01-04-2010, 09:34 PM
GAI has a terrible reputation...mainly, authenticating bogus items. Why did you even submitted it when it had Tri-star authentication?

johnsnhu
01-04-2010, 09:53 PM
GAI has a terrible reputation...mainly, authenticating bogus items. Why did you even submitted it when it had Tri-star authentication?

Well, After seeing that thread about the forgery ring, I wanted to test them. FAIL!

This is the response I got back from them... which maked a bit of sense considering:

"John, well we figured it to be a Tri Star/Mounted Memories or generic hologram and the signature was very close.
Here was our issue also, there have been some holograms ripped off from some companies and we have been seeing a lot of them showing up without certs in the marketplace on all high profile items so it was a caution.
If you are buying this piece we will be glad to take a closer look at it in house and if all checks out then issue a certificate for it for an additional $20 plus return shipping.
Thanks,
Steve
Global Authentication"

mbrieve
01-05-2010, 09:40 AM
Well, After seeing that thread about the forgery ring, I wanted to test them. FAIL!

This is the response I got back from them... which maked a bit of sense considering:

"John, well we figured it to be a Tri Star/Mounted Memories or generic hologram and the signature was very close.
Here was our issue also, there have been some holograms ripped off from some companies and we have been seeing a lot of them showing up without certs in the marketplace on all high profile items so it was a caution.
If you are buying this piece we will be glad to take a closer look at it in house and if all checks out then issue a certificate for it for an additional $20 plus return shipping.
Thanks,
Steve
Global Authentication"
Of course they will take another look...they'll get an additional $20. I really don't trust any of the 3rd party authenticators, but like Lampson COAs, I almost automatically pass on anything certified by GAI.

Where did you purchase the jersey from? Does the Tri-star hologram have any type of serial number on it. I would contact Tri-star and tell them your concerns. Just my .02

jhunt28
01-05-2010, 10:07 AM
I would run this story by the NFL. I can tell you that the address on the bottom of the letter head is correct, but that doesn't mean this isn't a forged letter? I'm not saying it is, but I've seen plenty of bogus COA's before. I would suggest speaking to someone at the NFL, and explaining your story. Perhaps they can track this jersey down and give you some different info? If you need a contact name, I can shoot you an email.

johnsnhu
01-05-2010, 10:07 AM
Of course they will take another look...they'll get an additional $20. I really don't trust any of the 3rd party authenticators, but like Lampson COAs, I almost automatically pass on anything certified by GAI.

Where did you purchase the jersey from? Does the Tri-star hologram have any type of serial number on it. I would contact Tri-star and tell them your concerns. Just my .02

I purchased the jersey on eBay, from a lady who won the item in a charity auction. Apparently, the jersey was donated by the NFL to a Childrens Foundation, and was won by her. The holo has the serial on it, and it does check out on the TriStar site, plus the jersey came with a letter on NFL letterhead stating what the item was, and what it's estimated value was. I have a call into the NFL via the phone number on the letter, but have not had a call back yet. Here is a copy of the letter...

http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz317/johnsnhu80/TBJersey018.jpg

johnsnhu
01-05-2010, 10:11 AM
I would run this story by the NFL. I can tell you that the address on the bottom of the letter head is correct, but that doesn't mean this isn't a forged letter? I'm not saying it is, but I've seen plenty of bogus COA's before. I would suggest speaking to someone at the NFL, and explaining your story. Perhaps they can track this jersey down and give you some different info? If you need a contact name, I can shoot you an email.

I would love to talk to someone about this piece. It would nice to know where it came from, and where it's been... should be a website like "WheresGeorge.com" for tracking dollar bills... Ha Ha!

jhunt28
01-05-2010, 10:23 AM
I would love to talk to someone about this piece. It would nice to know where it came from, and where it's been... should be a website like "WheresGeorge.com" for tracking dollar bills... Ha Ha!

You might want to start with Scott Miller at the NFL...he runs the auction site, and might be able to lead you in the right direction?

johnsnhu
01-05-2010, 10:42 AM
You might want to start with Scott Miller at the NFL...he runs the auction site, and might be able to lead you in the right direction?

Just spoke to Scott, and he said he had nothing to do with it. I did however, get ahold of Sarita Borojevic, ther person signing the letter. Sarita now works for the Giants, and she said she remembers this jersey. She would get a few jerseys from the NFL that were game issued, and send them to Tom's agent, Steve Dubin at Yee and Dubin. Steve Dubin would get them signed by Tom, and send a few back to Sarita for Charitable Auctions and such, and Steve Dubin would keep a few for himself. Pretty interesting stuff.

I am going to try to contact Steve Dubin and see if I can get some more information about this, but if not, I am satisfied with this story... pretty neat stuff.

johnsnhu
01-19-2010, 10:52 AM
Just spoke to Scott, and he said he had nothing to do with it. I did however, get ahold of Sarita Borojevic, ther person signing the letter. Sarita now works for the Giants, and she said she remembers this jersey. She would get a few jerseys from the NFL that were game issued, and send them to Tom's agent, Steve Dubin at Yee and Dubin. Steve Dubin would get them signed by Tom, and send a few back to Sarita for Charitable Auctions and such, and Steve Dubin would keep a few for himself. Pretty interesting stuff.

I am going to try to contact Steve Dubin and see if I can get some more information about this, but if not, I am satisfied with this story... pretty neat stuff.

Hi Guys! Just an update... I contacted Steve Dubin and he remembers multiple jerseys coming from Sarita and the NFL, all of which he stated were authentic game jerseys. I have since lost my job due to some lay offs here at work, and had to put the jersey up for auction on eBay. Knowing what I knew about the jersey, I put it up as Game Issued, and was contacted by a "halomario" on eBay asing me if I was interested in a trade or what my best price was?

After I explained this: "Hi and thanks for looking! This is a very unique piece, and I absolutely will not trade anything for it. The price I am offering this at is substantially less than what it is worth. This exact jersey went for over 6k at the auction it originated from. Therefore, I would not take anything less than $1,400.00 for it. Thanks again for looking!"

He then went into a stint about how the jersey is not game issued, because the bottom isnt hemmed, and the sleeves dont match... and on and on

Can anyone out there give me an opinion about this jersey as to the different information I am getting...

johnsnhu
01-19-2010, 10:56 AM
Hi Guys! Just an update... I contacted Steve Dubin and he remembers multiple jerseys coming from Sarita and the NFL, all of which he stated were authentic game jerseys. I have since lost my job due to some lay offs here at work, and had to put the jersey up for auction on eBay. Knowing what I knew about the jersey, I put it up as Game Issued, and was contacted by a "halomario" on eBay asing me if I was interested in a trade or what my best price was?

After I explained this: "Hi and thanks for looking! This is a very unique piece, and I absolutely will not trade anything for it. The price I am offering this at is substantially less than what it is worth. This exact jersey went for over 6k at the auction it originated from. Therefore, I would not take anything less than $1,400.00 for it. Thanks again for looking!"

He then went into a stint about how the jersey is not game issued, because the bottom isnt hemmed, and the sleeves dont match... and on and on

Can anyone out there give me an opinion about this jersey as to the different information I am getting...

He also stated his name was Scott, and he saw my post here at this forum...

From Halomario aka Scott:

"Yeah but you know it was on the game used forum and its def NOT game issued for Brady...wrong sleaves..the waist is not hemmed...and other things...i think that you even initiated the thread."

"the jersey its 100% certain the sleeves are totaslly wrong...EVERY single pic from EVERY single game from 2004 on getty shows Brady wearing open sleeves...AND its 100% for certain that ALL of his jerseys have been hemmed since 2003"