note to steiner : STOP SELLING BLANK TEAM ISSUED YANKS JERSEY!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amex46
    • Jun 2006

note to steiner : STOP SELLING BLANK TEAM ISSUED YANKS JERSEY!

THEY SELL THEM FOR $149 AND YOU KNOW WHAT PEOPLE ARE DOING WITH THEM. IDK WHY THEY WANT TO MAKE $149 AT THE EXPENSE OF BUYERS MAKING THEM UP AS JETER, AROD, AND RIVERA "TI" OR "GW" JERSEYS! THIS MIGHT BE A REASON LOTS OF YANKEES GW JERSEY WITH NO STEINER COA'S ARE SHOWING UP AT AUCTION HOUSES. JUST A THOUGHT? ANY OPINIONS?
  • suave1477
    Banned
    • Jan 2006

Re: note to steiner : STOP SELLING BLANK TEAM ISSUED YANKS JERSEY!

Well in my own personal opinion anything of about 2004-5 season and on Yankees jerseys if they dont have a Steiner LOA with it im not too comfortable on buying it. I am not saying somethings dont slip by Steiner but I will say not much does. So if its a recent jersey I want to see the Steiner Letter!!!
    This is just my opinion!!!

Comment

• sportscentury
      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by suave1477
      I am not saying somethings dont slip by Steiner but I will say not much does.
      Suave,

This is a bold assertion. I say this because, from my observations, this would appear to be far from the case. What evidence do you have to back this up? I'm open to being persuaded, but I would like to know what evidence you have. Thank you and welcome back to the forum,

Reid
      Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Comment

• suave1477
        Banned
        • Jan 2006

Well first of all Steiner has complete exclusivity to everything and anything owned game used by the Yankees.
        Yankees and Steiner have heavy security and heavy documented everything that is used, issued etc.... by the Yankees

This does not include items that the players thmselves have contracts with manufacturing companies as they can do as the players can do as they please with those items.

Comment

• allstarsplus
          • Nov 2005

The players do get some of their own jerseys, but I agree that Steiner has a tight grip. Sean that runs the program does a good job.

They told me that they are creating a new hologram to distinguish between the game issued jerseys and game used jerseys. This should help.

I have requested a #'d hologram that would be affixed to the jersey and the COA.
          Regards,
          Andrew Lang
          AllstarsPlus@aol.com
          202-716-8500

Comment

• sportscentury
            • Nov 2005

Jason and Andrew,

Thanks for the responses. Over the past 2-3 seasons, I've seen a good number of Yankees jerseys (with substantial game wear) offered elsewhere. I'm not talking about just star players. It's just hard for me to believe that the jerseys of lower end players are being made up from blanks and having game wear "applied" to them. I do appreciate your responses and the information.

From my observations, the team with the tightest grip is the Texas Rangers - I have been impressed by how little has escaped MeiGray, particularly since the Rangers added the serial-numbered strip tags.

Best,
            Reid
            Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Comment

• suave1477
              Banned
              • Jan 2006

sportscentury believe me not much gets passed Steiner especially the lower end players. You can go to there website and see for yourself how much stuff they have aqquired and thats not all of it they have tons more in there Yankees cage.

As far as the players getting jerseys thats not always true. First of all the Yankees give a limited amount to the players ( as we all know the Yankees are cheap about giving players jerseys ) So its rare you will see more on the market then what Steiner puts out there.

Comment

• sportscentury
                • Nov 2005

Jason,

Gotcha. Thanks for the info.

Reid

Comment

• amex46
                  • Jun 2006

i am going to email steiner today and see what they say. i am seeing way too many yankees jerseys pop up on ebay and auction houses.

Comment

• suave1477
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2006

amex, i am curious what jerseys do you see popping up through ebay and the auction houses that you have in question?

Comment

• BULBUS
                      • Nov 2005

first, welcome back jason. the forum slowed down a lot while you were gone.

second, i will never buy a circa 2000 or newer yankees jersey without a steiner letter. the rangers do not have a tighter grip than the yankees. they just have a better system with meigray. if steiner would have implemented a similar sytem from the begining, you wouldnt see so many jerseys without a steiner letter in these auctions. as far as the non-star jerseys, its real easy to get one of their game issued jerseys relatively cheap from steiner, take the hologram off, loose the letter, and wash it a few times. bamm, you made a couple hundred bucks. and as amex said, these blank jerseys are a big concern too. you buy one of those, buy another scrub player with a # 2 it it, and make a jeter jersey. bamm, you made a couple of thousand dollars! i hope i didnt give anyone any ideas, but my point is, for these newer yankees jerseys, make sure a steiner letter is included!
                      Chris

NY Giants, NY Yankees, Don Mattingly, Mattingly brand bats (any player)
                      sigpic
                      donnie23fan at yahoo.com

Comment

• suave1477
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2006

Bulbus thanks for the welcome back and I do agree with what you say.

Comment

• sportscentury
                          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by BULBUS
                          i will never buy a circa 2000 or newer yankees jersey without a steiner letter.
                          Bulbus,

When exactly did Steiner take over Yankees jerseys (that is, do you know the month and year)? Are you saying that there are no real Yankees game worn jerseys from 2000 to present that don't have the Steiner letter? I am just asking for clarification.

Thanks for your post and your information.

Reid

Comment

• suave1477
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2006

Steiner to the best of my knowledge gained full exclusivity of the Yankees memorabilia in 2005, Althought they alreay had the rights to Jeter, Posada and Rivera before 2005.

The Yankees items for years have been stored in and heavily secured in Yankees own basement and released it all to Steiner when they got the contract. A good majority og the items were there especially from 2000 and on since they are recent.

Of course over time items that are older did eventaully make its way out, but the Yankees were the ones who did try to keep everything accounted for over the years.

While other teams looked the other way when things made it out the back door.

Comment

• sportscentury
                              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by BULBUS
                              the rangers do not have a tighter grip than the yankees. they just have a better system with meigray.
                              BULBUS,

Do the Rangers add the serial numbered tags to the jerseys themselves before they are used by the players or does MeiGray add them after they receive the jerseys at the end of the season?

[Barry from Meigray - please feel free to chime in here if you are reading this.]

Thanks, guys.

Reid

Comment

Working...