X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • flaco1801
    • Nov 2005

Question for Dave Meidema

hi dave.

i have an older white sox quilt lined capital ace jacket.. its blue,with the old english "chicago" on the back... the material is very "crinkly", its almost like a winter coat, the size is small tho (size 36).. it also has a blank sewn on tag for a name or number... any ideas? ball ball? players kid? retail? thanks, always grateful for your help... jeff.. shoot just noticed a flap to close at neck...
  • sox83cubs84
    Banned
    • Apr 2009

Re: Question for Dave Meidema

Originally posted by flaco1801
    hi dave.

i have an older white sox quilt lined capital ace jacket.. its blue,with the old english "chicago" on the back... the material is very "crinkly", its almost like a winter coat, the size is small tho (size 36).. it also has a blank sewn on tag for a name or number... any ideas? ball ball? players kid? retail? thanks, always grateful for your help... jeff.. shoot just noticed a flap to close at neck...
    At that size, probably a bat boy or player's kid. Not to directly attribute, but Carlton Fisk brought his kids (total brats ) on the field in the early 1980s. The manufacturer of the jacket (Capital Ace) only supplied the Chisox from 1979-81, and cut off supplies completely during the '81 season after the Sox announced a "pick the new uniform style" fan vote with the winning selection already contracted out to Medalist/Sand-Knit.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

Comment

• flaco1801
      • Nov 2005

Re: Question for Dave Meidema

thanks dave.. its a well made product, i dont see too many in the market...

Comment

Working...