PDA

View Full Version : Question for Dave Meidema

flaco1801
01-01-2010, 02:46 PM
hi dave.

i have an older white sox quilt lined capital ace jacket.. its blue,with the old english "chicago" on the back... the material is very "crinkly", its almost like a winter coat, the size is small tho (size 36).. it also has a blank sewn on tag for a name or number... any ideas? ball ball? players kid? retail? thanks, always grateful for your help... jeff.. shoot just noticed a flap to close at neck...

sox83cubs84
01-01-2010, 06:04 PM
hi dave.

i have an older white sox quilt lined capital ace jacket.. its blue,with the old english "chicago" on the back... the material is very "crinkly", its almost like a winter coat, the size is small tho (size 36).. it also has a blank sewn on tag for a name or number... any ideas? ball ball? players kid? retail? thanks, always grateful for your help... jeff.. shoot just noticed a flap to close at neck...

At that size, probably a bat boy or player's kid. Not to directly attribute, but Carlton Fisk brought his kids (total brats:mad: ) on the field in the early 1980s. The manufacturer of the jacket (Capital Ace) only supplied the Chisox from 1979-81, and cut off supplies completely during the '81 season after the Sox announced a "pick the new uniform style" fan vote with the winning selection already contracted out to Medalist/Sand-Knit.

Dave M.
Chicago area

flaco1801
01-01-2010, 08:12 PM
thanks dave.. its a well made product, i dont see too many in the market...