PDA

View Full Version : which is harder to obtain, game issued or game used?

pungent
01-01-2010, 04:50 PM
hi are game issued or game used items harder to obtain? seeing collectors seek more of game used items and teams profit more from selling game used does this mean game issued are more scarce?

also why do teams bother to sell game issued if they know they could sell it for more if it is worn/used. I understand if a player is traded or injured and cannot use the the jersey or equipment but you see players who go through the entire season and items still remain unused? why can't teams have the player use it for a game or two, even though the use is minimal it could still be sold for more than an issued?

indyred
01-01-2010, 05:19 PM
Game issued to me is something that is just a glorified authentic , most game used collectors have no interest in it. Player never used it, so to me it really has no extra value.
Game Issued may be rarer, but game used stuff has much more value in it. More people want game used stuff. So being rarer means nothing in the end. Not nearly as many people would want it, even though it can be had for much cheaper prices.

legaleagle92481
01-01-2010, 05:31 PM
I think it is a loaded question. It is probably harder to obtain game issued items but game used is more desirable to most collectors. Obviously game used items hit the market more for that reason. If you go on JO or MEI Gray or Nfl auctions they have very few game issued items compared to the game used items they offer. The reason there are game issued items is because they are backup items or the player gets hurt and does not play or just does not dress for the game. As far as having the player wear the item just to make it game used to sell it I am sure some teams probably do do that you hear of guys wearing multiple jerseys per game like Favre or wearing jerseys for only one game.

brianborsch
01-01-2010, 06:08 PM
I think it depends on the item as well. For bats there is more of a connection to the player. In most cases, the player orders the bats himself. So in that sense I feel that game issued bats are of value. Especially if it is a bat like Louisville Slugger who has a great heritage and tradition with players and bat making.

frikativ54
01-01-2010, 07:33 PM
If you are talking about some items, it is much neater to have game issued, than to have nothing at all. For instance, I am the owner of a game-ready Jeff Bagwell fielder's glove. While it does have glove oil on and looks like it may have been used a few times in practice, Bagwell likely did not use it in a game. Given that Bagwell kept all his fielder's gloves, game issued, or in this case, game ready, is the best that I'm going to get. Therefore, having a glove that was made for him and prepped for game use is pretty neat, even if it did not actually make it onto the field.

jingke22
01-22-2010, 02:17 AM
Click here to find anything u need for EVE. (http://www.swagvault.com/eve-online-c-904.html)