PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Adam Dunn uniform pickup completed!

jdr3
01-01-2010, 07:48 PM
I want to thank Andrew Lang for allowing me to use the installment plan to pick up this '09 Adam Dunn uniform. Hologramed jersey, pants with belt, cleats, batting gloves. In addition, he threw in authentic dug out jacket and hooded sweat shirt. The uniform is pounded with puckering, dirt and other use. Thanks, Andrew!

STLHAMMER32
01-01-2010, 07:50 PM
Congrats! VERY NICE.

dcgreg25
01-01-2010, 07:55 PM
Congrats- great looking jersey and Andrew is a class act!

NYCrulesU
01-01-2010, 08:01 PM
Absolutely amazing. I could only hope to oneday have a complete Raffy uniform as great looking as your Dunn.

allstarsplus
01-01-2010, 08:08 PM
Jim - Can't wait to see how many HRs you can photomatch the jersey to! Thanks for the nice comments and glad you like the jersey so much.

I think to get a matching Set 2 jersey with customizations and hologram'd to match up with a Set 2 pants would be a tough find! :D

Good luck on the photomatching!

LastingsMilledge85
01-01-2010, 08:19 PM
I think I may have photo matched your jersey. I took these pictures July 20 and 21. The "T" on the front and "DUNN" on the rear look identical to your jersey. Those may be the same pants, but you would have to look at the rear of yours to see if there's a dirt stain on the rear left pocket.
http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/Milledge85/2009-07-21106.jpg?t=1262395108
http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/Milledge85/2009-07-20218.jpg?t=1262395125
http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/Milledge85/2009-07-20219.jpg?t=1262395140

jdr3
01-01-2010, 08:37 PM
I think I may have photo matched your jersey. I took these pictures July 20 and 21. The "T" on the front and "DUNN" on the rear look identical to your jersey. Those may be the same pants, but you would have to look at the rear of yours to see if there's a dirt stain on the rear left pocket.

Thank you very much! Those are matches.

LastingsMilledge85
01-01-2010, 08:40 PM
Your welcome it may be the same belt too, but I don't have any better pictures of his belt. I have more pictures of him from the game if you need anymore let me know.

skyking26
01-01-2010, 09:25 PM
Great pickup. I foolishly gave up on it. Sadly tonight I'm reminded of it again, and again, and again as people are now sending me the thread in copy and paste. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

allstarsplus
01-01-2010, 10:00 PM
Great pickup. I foolishly gave up on it. Sadly tonight I'm reminded of it again, and again, and again as people are now sending me the thread in copy and paste. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Bob - I always say that things have a funny way of working out. I think if you are still interested in this uniform, this is a good forum to let Jim know in case he ever decides to part with it.

ironmanfan
01-01-2010, 10:47 PM
Amazing uniform....Kudos to Andrew for hooking up a fellow forum member (again!)....

Congrats!

skyking26
01-01-2010, 10:47 PM
Bob - I always say that things have a funny way of working out. I think if you are still interested in this uniform, this is a good forum to let Jim know in case he ever decides to part with it.
My email is out there for him to see; I don't have his. I'm easy to find. If I don't respond to email; I'm dead or incapacitated. Give me a few days...

jobathenut
01-02-2010, 02:38 AM
JDR3-WOW!!!!!That is a very nice pick up for sure.I especially love the cleats as i have been looking for game used cleats of his.Right now i only have one item of his and its his diamondbacks hat.But i have been looking for his reds cleats.And now can not afford them so i put the search on hold for now.I love adam dunn,as he and jason giambi are my two favorite players.So i really love seeing this item of yours.I would think a complete uniform like this would be tough to find.Well again congratulations on the items.:)

halofan
01-02-2010, 05:49 AM
Congrats,:D

jdr3
01-02-2010, 07:19 AM
Bob,

If I ever move it, you will be the first person I contact.

-Jim

allstarsplus
01-02-2010, 08:13 AM
JDR3-WOW!!!!!That is a very nice pick up for sure.I especially love the cleats as i have been looking for game used cleats of his.Right now i only have one item of his and its his diamondbacks hat.But i have been looking for his reds cleats.And now can not afford them so i put the search on hold for now.I love adam dunn,as he and jason giambi are my two favorite players.So i really love seeing this item of yours.I would think a complete uniform like this would be tough to find.Well again congratulations on the items.:)

There is certainly a strange phenomenom with Adam Dunn since he came to Washington. He seems to have gained back some respect. He is a very popular player in Washington and his game used items are tough to find.

When you look at this LVS bat that sold last week on eBay for $345 and it didn't have the 125th LVS Anniversary stamp, I was amazed. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220528474318

I have plenty of Adam's cleats if interested. He wore 3 styles this year. I also have a couple of really nice bats and batting gloves left and I have about 50 signed photos left from a signing I did with him at the end of October.

jobathenut
01-03-2010, 05:01 AM
ALLSTARPLUS-I was not aware that he lost respect.I know i have been a fan of his ever since i first saw him play in person back in 2002.I was on a trip with my mom in pittsburgh and we took in the pirates games that weekend.And saw the last game of the series vs the reds as the pirates played the cardnals that weekend.The only reason i wanted to go see them play the reds is because i have been a todd walker fan since his lsu days.And i didnt even know who adam dunn was.And then he came out of the dugout and i was damn that it one big guy.And he hit this pop up that almost hit the moon.And he started swearing at himself.I was sitting at the reds dugout and could hear him.And that was the first out.And then after the 3rd out.He came out to take the field and he was still swearing at himself.And i was laughing and said,man i love this guy.Anyways,sorry about the long story.I thought he was always a popular player.He seems to be a nice guy.Its funny as i have just been wanting reds items and you dont see too many of those on the market.I am interested in all those items you mentioned-a pair of cleats,batting gloves and a bat.Thats very nice of you to offer them to me.However i am not adding to my collection right now.In fact i am in the process of selling off my signed collection (as i only have a couple of game used items).But if things get better and i can start buying again i would for sure love to work out a deal with you.thanks:)
There is certainly a strange phenomenom with Adam Dunn since he came to Washington. He seems to have gained back some respect. He is a very popular player in Washington and his game used items are tough to find.

When you look at this LVS bat that sold last week on eBay for $345 and it didn't have the 125th LVS Anniversary stamp, I was amazed. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220528474318

I have plenty of Adam's cleats if interested. He wore 3 styles this year. I also have a couple of really nice bats and batting gloves left and I have about 50 signed photos left from a signing I did with him at the end of October.

allstarsplus
01-03-2010, 09:06 AM
ALLSTARPLUS-I was not aware that he lost respect.

I personally didn't lose respect for Adam Dunn, but many did after Toronto's GM J.P. Ricciardi trashed Adam Dunn on the radio and it became national news back in 2008.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/J-P-Ricciardi-does-not-think-very-highly-of-Ada?urn=mlb,89026

Your firsthand account of what you saw and heard from the stands at the Reds game is a great story of how passionate Adam is about his performance!

All I can say is that the fans in Washington for the most part really like Adam Dunn. Most are hoping the Nats extend his contract beyond 2010.

I did a signing at the end of October with Adam and got most of his gear from 2009. I hope to do more with him in 2010!

allstarsplus
01-03-2010, 09:14 AM
Along with the uniform that Jim now has and a MLB holo'd HR jersey I also got, I wanted to re-post the photos of Adam's 1st Nationals HR baseball I got which is inscribed and MLB holo'd. An amazing piece of Nationals history.

bigtime59
01-03-2010, 09:41 AM
I personally didn't lose respect for Adam Dunn, but many did after Toronto's GM J.P. Ricciardi trashed Adam Dunn on the radio and it became national news back in 2008.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/J-P-Ricciardi-does-not-think-very-highly-of-Ada?urn=mlb,89026

Your firsthand account of what you saw and heard from the stands at the Reds game is a great story of how passionate Adam is about his performance!

All I can say is that the fans in Washington for the most part really like Adam Dunn. Most are hoping the Nats extend his contract beyond 2010.

I did a signing at the end of October with Adam and got most of his gear from 2009. I hope to do more with him in 2010!

Like most Orioles fans, I'm still annoyed at Adam Dunn's insistence (against all evidence) that he was an actual MLB left fielder...which is one reason he's playing his home games 30 miles south of Baltimore. Had he been willing to DH or play 1B at the time, he'd have been an Oriole.

allstarsplus
01-03-2010, 10:18 AM
Like most Orioles fans, I'm still annoyed at Adam Dunn's insistence (against all evidence) that he was an actual MLB left fielder...which is one reason he's playing his home games 30 miles south of Baltimore. Had he been willing to DH or play 1B at the time, he'd have been an Oriole.

Mark - I think he had a strong pride factor that he was adequate as a LF; however, I would agree that 1st base would be the position for him in the National League.

Also, I wanted to post the LOA for the Dunn HR ball I have:

LastingsMilledge85
01-03-2010, 12:55 PM
Anyway you slice it he is strictly a hitter. He sometimes looks list in LF and is too slow to recover although for his size is quick. At first he has no range and at times will hurt the Nats, but he can make up for it with his swing. I think if the Nats are "out of it" by July he will end up with an AL team.

jobathenut
01-04-2010, 12:19 AM
I think i remember hearing something about this but didnt know the details of it.Until i just read the link of the story.Wow dunn was right that gm is a clown.And i would even go one further and add ass to it.I used to watch sportscenter and mike and mike but stopped as they are just putting over the people they like and talk about the same things over and over and over.Or like on sportscenter its more about human interest storys.Or putting thier own cute spin on the highlites and not just saying the highlites.So i didnt hear anything but i am sure this was talked about alot.I can not believe a gm would come out and bash a player like that.Even if those thing were true and i doubt they are.I mean as i said in my story a guy who doesnt have a passion for the game would not be that upset at himself for popping out.I mean he was calling himself a f-n pussycat minus the cat.Thats why i loved him right away as i said when i saw and heard him doing that,theres a player who cares if they win or lose.So many players just act they are doing it to collect thier paychecks.But i got the impression right away that dunn does it cause he loves the game.By the way i loved the baseball from that other posts of yours.:)

Neely8
01-04-2010, 11:06 AM

Bob,
I hope you don't say that when I eventually sell my 03 Dunn Reds alternate we've discussed several times!

skyking26
01-04-2010, 04:42 PM
Bob,

If I ever move it, you will be the first person I contact.

-Jim
You know where I am Jim.