PDA

View Full Version : Blackhawks game used jersey HELP!!!

platinum1
01-08-2010, 05:08 PM
I need help with this one.
Is this a Denis Savard game used jersey?
Thanks in advance

sox83cubs84
01-08-2010, 07:49 PM
I don't know hockey too well, but I did go to Getty and learned the following:

Nike's manufacture of Blackhawks jerseys began in 1996-97, which was Savard's last year with the team.

Also, four photos is not conclusive, but, in the four from that season I found, Savard does NOT have a Captain's C on his sweater.

I am welcoming and urging more input from Forum members, as, like I mentioned, I don't have authenticator knowledge on NHL uniforms...I'm just going by what little visual information I could find on short notice.

Dave M.
Chicago area

Lokee
01-08-2010, 10:25 PM
A couple things come to mine. Chris Chelios was the captain of the Blackhawks in 96/97. Also on all the gamers from the Blackhawks I have seen from 96-97 on the inside of the NHL shield the euipment manager wouldmark in black pen a 1 or a 2 meaning 1st half and 2nd half of the season.

They always marked there game jersey's this type of way. On the 97/98 season they started marking them on the top and bottom corners. Top corner would be 97 bottom corner 1. 97 for the year and 1 for the first half of the season.

I hope that makes sense.

platinum1
01-08-2010, 10:48 PM
A couple things come to mine. Chris Chelios was the captain of the Blackhawks in 96/97. Also on all the gamers from the Blackhawks I have seen from 96-97 on the inside of the NHL shield the euipment manager wouldmark in black pen a 1 or a 2 meaning 1st half and 2nd half of the season.

They always marked there game jersey's this type of way. On the 97/98 season they started marking them on the top and bottom corners. Top corner would be 97 bottom corner 1. 97 for the year and 1 for the first half of the season.

I hope that makes sense.
That's exactly what I thought. Thanks for the help