Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JasonBanz
    • Oct 2008

Has this ever happened on NFL Auctions?

I was browsing through NFL auctions a few minutes ago and saw a bunch of alternate orange Dolphins jerseys that arenn't supposed to be listed until Sunday. Has NFL auctions ever posted something 2 days early? I'm excited! I've wanted an orange for my collection and hope one comes at the right price .
  • JasonBanz
    • Oct 2008

Re: Has this ever happened on NFL Auctions?

Originally posted by JasonBanz
    I was browsing through NFL auctions a few minutes ago and saw a bunch of alternate orange Dolphins jerseys that arenn't supposed to be listed until Sunday. Has NFL auctions ever posted something 2 days early? I'm excited! I've wanted an orange for my collection and hope one comes at the right price .
    Oops! Meant to add a link

The official auction site of the National Football League. 100% of net proceeds are donated to support NFL and team charities.

Comment

• indyred
      • May 2006

Might just wanted to give them a few days more exposure. Love those Orange Alternates. Nice to see they used them again this year. What game were they worn?

Comment

• NYCrulesU
        Banned
        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by indyred
        Might just wanted to give them a few days more exposure. Love those Orange Alternates. Nice to see they used them again this year. What game were they worn?

10/12/09 vs NYJ

Comment

• JasonBanz
          • Oct 2008

Yeah, those alternates are awesome! I was excited to see them brought back this year. I'm hoping it's a yearly thing now. My hopes were to add one to my collection. Now I may have my chance!!!

Comment

• Mulligans
            • Dec 2009

Just checked them out...Great Looking Jerseys and plenty to choose from!

I just got my Joey Porter's pink Captains Patch Game worn jersey. It smelled and looked like it came right off the shelf? I looked it up and Porter was inactive for that game??

If it was hanging in his locker you wouldn't consider it game worn would you?

I figure I have 2 options...... I can complain to NFL auctions or throw it on and roll around in my back yard for awhile!

Comment

• JasonBanz
              • Oct 2008

Yeah he was inactive for that game, and the only other game in October against New Orleans, the green patch was worn. I was at the Buffalo game this year and he was on the sidelines in shorts and a t-shirt! I'd complain if I were you!

Comment

• LastingsMilledge85
                • May 2009

They wear them only for prime time games and this, I believe, was the first one since they last wore them a few years back.

Comment

• indyred
                  • May 2006

Originally posted by Mulligans
                  Just checked them out...Great Looking Jerseys and plenty to choose from!

I just got my Joey Porter's pink Captains Patch Game worn jersey. It smelled and looked like it came right off the shelf? I looked it up and Porter was inactive for that game??

If it was hanging in his locker you wouldn't consider it game worn would you?

I figure I have 2 options...... I can complain to NFL auctions or throw it on and roll around in my back yard for awhile!
                  You got a link to the jersey listing. So the auction clearly said it was game used? They usually list stuff the right way. What is the psa/dna serial #. What comes up when you punch that serial # in the data base.

If it clearly says it is game used and it is tagged that way being from a game he was inactive. You should return it. So jersey shows no use or hit marks on it. Or could it have been worn in previous game.

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                    Banned
                    • Oct 2009

There was a Porter jersey that was clearly marked as game issued sold on there recently. Also the one in the auction that ended Tuesday sold way too cheap compared to prior sales (it even sold for a few hundred less than the one marked game issued) so if that is the one you are referring to I am not surprised. As DCGreg taught us on the Jamal Lewis thread you have to do your homework even if the jersey is from NFL auctions you can try getting them to let you return it but good luck as I doubt they will take it back as they are not keeping the money you paid as it goes to charity and the auctions are clear that the items are sold as is.

Comment

• ivo610
                      • Dec 2009

None of those jerseys look used. Ok there are washed for sure, but I cant spot a single rip or repair on any of them. hmmm

As for listing them early I think that NFL auctions lets teams post items to the site. Which would explain the Browns testing this week. The ones with the NFL logo, the HOF logo, and the PINK logo are posted by NFL auctions people. At least thats what I have always assumed.
                      Ryan

NFL game used collector

Comment

• Mulligans
                        • Dec 2009

Regarding the Porter Pink Captains patch Jersey...PSA/DNA lists it as Game used and signed.

I paid $800 for it.

NFL has fully apologized for the mixup and will refund my $$ as they stated that it is probably really "Game Issued" and should have been documented as such.

Here is the dilemma.....Should I return it or keep it as a game issued, but authenticated as game used and signed? Is $800 too much for game issued and signed porter jersey?

Any thoughts?

Comment

• JasonBanz
                          • Oct 2008

I would try to ask them for a partial refund and keep it. Even though it is only game issued it has a rare pink captains patch on it. I don't know if they would do that but its worth a shot!

Comment

• jhunt28
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by ivo610
                            None of those jerseys look used. Ok there are washed for sure, but I cant spot a single rip or repair on any of them. hmmm

As for listing them early I think that NFL auctions lets teams post items to the site. Which would explain the Browns testing this week. The ones with the NFL logo, the HOF logo, and the PINK logo are posted by NFL auctions people. At least thats what I have always assumed.

You're right, I've looked at every one in detail. Obviously the Dolphins play on natural grass, and it was a very hot night during that game. I went, and was sweating like a mad man. These jerseys must have been washed, but the Dolphins must have the best detergent in the NFL. I have plenty of jerseys that have been washed, but still have facemask paint marks all over them. Even from jerseys worn for 1 game, you'd think the O-line and D-line would have some use. This Ferguson jersey is the only one where I can spot possible use, on the #9 on the right shoulder. But this could just be a loose thread? I'd be upset paying big money for a game issued jersey.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fish.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	658442

Comment

• JasonBanz
                              • Oct 2008

I would be willing to bet they were washed, but I have also noticed too, use can be hard to see with just a picture. Certainly not issued, heres the description.

DOLPHINS JASON FERGUSON SIGNED GAME WORN ALTERNATE JERSEY. Worn Oct 12, 2009 against the NY Jets. Certificate of authenticity provided by the Dolphins

Comment

Working...