PDA

View Full Version : Reds making a splash??

AWA85
01-10-2010, 03:23 PM
Looking like the Reds may be signing Aroldis Chapman, the kid has a ton of question marks but could be a huge win for the Reds. After seeing countless winters of Paul Bako, and Wily Taveras signings I am in complete shock right now.

Time to get those 2011 playoff tickets ready... :D

Sincityson
01-10-2010, 03:50 PM
If Chapman lives up to the hype, then the $30 is a bargain by MLB standards. Time will tell.

AWA85
01-10-2010, 04:22 PM
Some nice young starting pitchers.

Any mix of the following could be a pretty scary rotation.

Cueto
Bailey
Chapman
Volquez
Leake/Wood/Maloney

murfsteve25
01-10-2010, 09:55 PM
Some nice young starting pitchers.

Any mix of the following could be a pretty scary rotation.

Cueto
Bailey
Chapman
Volquez
Leake/Wood/Maloney

I got into an argument with Cody about this...

This guy is obviously an idiot. He passed over the Yanks and Bosox TO SIGN WITH THE REDS???

Cincy has had their fair share of talent rolling around in the minors these past few years. People hype them up. They live up to it for the first month, then after other teams get a good scouting report, their quickly forgotten. I'll start lusting over this guy when i see he is actually for real.

Manram
01-10-2010, 10:10 PM

This guy is obviously an idiot. He passed over the Yanks and Bosox TO SIGN WITH THE REDS???

Cincy has had their fair share of talent rolling around in the minors these past few years. People hype them up. They live up to it for the first month, then after other teams get a good scouting report, their quickly forgotten. I'll start lusting over this guy when i see he is actually for real.

I have to totally agree with you. Look at what jay bruce when he got called up, and then his stats at the end of the season were average. As well as why would you pass on the Red Sox or Yankees? That just doesn't make much sense

murfsteve25
01-10-2010, 11:25 PM
I have to totally agree with you. Look at what jay bruce when he got called up, and then his stats at the end of the season were average. As well as why would you pass on the Red Sox or Yankees? That just doesn't make much sense

The only logic I can come up with is maby the Reds told him that he would be the 2010 opening day pitcher. (obviously cause the Reds are desperate. While im sure if he went to the Sox or Yanks then he could be in the minors for a few years.

Manram
01-10-2010, 11:43 PM
The only logic I can come up with is maby the Reds told him that he would be the 2010 opening day pitcher. (obviously cause the Reds are desperate. While im sure if he went to the Sox or Yanks then he could be in the minors for a few years.

I guess that makes sense. But i heard that he needs a little more seasoning before he should pitch in the majors, not matter for what team

STLHAMMER32
01-10-2010, 11:58 PM

Not everyone wants to play in a big market, especially adjusting to life in the U.S while being hounded by the media which is about 20x greater than that of a small market team in the midwest. There may be connections within player development that Aroldis feels comfortable with. Overall the communications and trust levels might have been better with the player and agent with Cincy...He flat out may have been more comfortable signing there. Each player has there own reasons. Why does any free agent sign with anyone but the yanks and Boston?

murfsteve25
01-11-2010, 06:00 AM
Not everyone wants to play in a big market, especially adjusting to life in the U.S while being hounded by the media which is about 20x greater than that of a small market team in the midwest. There may be connections within player development that Aroldis feels comfortable with. Overall the communications and trust levels might have been better with the player and agent with Cincy...He flat out may have been more comfortable signing there. Each player has there own reasons. Why does any free agent sign with anyone but the yanks and Boston?

Good point...

AWA85
01-11-2010, 08:49 AM
I am guessing he signed with the Reds because they offered the most money, kind of a common sense thing. Highly doubt the kid will be on the opening day roster unless he earns it in spring training. If he is lights on in st, then I am fine with him being in the rotation.

As for Reds having hyped prospects, I think every organization hypes their own guys. On the case of Jay Bruce, I feel you could not be any farther from the truth. He has not played an one full season yet (broke wrist this season) and is 22 right now. Think it is a little early to label Bruce in anyway yet. Just my 2 cents.