PDA

View Full Version : Lions Skladany Auction

ahuff
01-11-2010, 12:09 PM
Lately, I haven't had much time to do as much research as I should - let me make that point very clear. Also, let me state that I am not trying to call out anyone, any jersey, or anything like that. I just want some help and see if I am fretting about insignificant things.

So a few days ago, I put in a snipe bid on an auction. I wasn't real bothered that I wasn't able to do as much research as I typically would like before purchasing an item, because it had an A-10 Mears certificate with it. However, I had a free hour last night to do some research, and the auction didn't end for a few hours. I hadn't planned on having the time, so it was nice. I wasn't able to research as many of the photo databases, as I would like. However, all of them I did search showed the same thing. I realized that I could not find a photo that clearly showed Tom Skladany in a jersey with sleeves that were not "cut off" right after the final stripe on his sleeves. Because of this, I pulled my snipe.

Card photos and the few that I found on the net all looked like the example I have included (Topps card on the left). I was wondering if anyone else might have one that shows him wearing similar sleeves as the ones noted in the photo on the right? If so, I'm going to kick myself for not bidding, as I have been looking for one of his jerseys for years.

If not, though, I thought that player characteristics were considered in MEARS evaluations. Am I off track on that?

hockeytigers
01-14-2010, 08:38 PM
Here's a Skladany that has the shortened sleeves...I think you made the right decision not buying that jersey...

Always interested in buying punter/kicker jerseys...

anatfan09
01-15-2010, 01:02 PM
Skladany's daughters went to my high school, wow, they were some good looking girls!