PDA

View Full Version : NFL game issued jerseys - Giants in particular

BULBUS
01-11-2010, 05:11 PM
Whats with all the Giants game "issued" jerseys? It seems that there are a lot of people selling autographed jerseys that are game cut with size/year tags. Where are they coming from / who is producing them??? I don't think they are coming from the Giants.

Theyre not always right either. For example, couple of weeks ago there was a Jeff Feagles autographed game issued jersey on Ebay. The year code was 2001 and the number on the jersey was 18. He didnt start playing for the Giants until 2003 and he wore number 10.

Is this the case with other teams? Is the market being flooded with game "issued" jerseys from your team?

Thanks,
Chris

tjm5711
01-11-2010, 05:23 PM
Whats with all the Giants game "issued" jerseys? It seems that there are a lot of people selling autographed jerseys that are game cut with size/year tags. Where are they coming from / who is producing them??? I don't think they are coming from the Giants.

Theyre not always right either. For example, couple of weeks ago there was a Jeff Feagles autographed game issued jersey on Ebay. The year code was 2001 and the number on the jersey was 18. He didnt start playing for the Giants until 2003 and he wore number 10.

Is this the case with other teams? Is the market being flooded with game "issued" jerseys from your team?

Thanks,
Chris

From my experience with Bears game issued jerseys, I first asked the same question in regards to the year tag. I actually spoke with Chicago Bears Head Equipment manger Tony Medlin on the phone one time and asked him the following question:

"I have this jersey from a game in 2007, but the neck Tag reads "05". How can that be? "

He replied,"It is not uncommon for players to use jerseys from previous years for a variety of reasons."

So as far as the neck tags go, I have seen it with the Bears and other teams that the neck tags are not always consistent with the actual year of play.

TriplexXxSports
01-11-2010, 08:41 PM
Jay Cutler's Orange Alt. jeresy from this year was an '05. Teams recycle whenever possible to save costs.

tjm5711
01-11-2010, 08:51 PM
Jay Cutler's Orange Alt. jeresy from this year was an '05. Teams recycle whenever possible to save costs.

Yeah, I saw that on JO's site, and was one of the things I was thinking of. As for Feagle's number being wrong? I have no idea.

Hey Matt, sorry I missed your reply on the other thread. Drop me an email at tjmm1172 at yahoo.com with whatever info you had. Thanks........Tom