PDA

View Full Version : GU & Autographed Bats For Sale: Luis Gonzales, Alan Trammell, Rafael Palmeiro

sfmays24
01-11-2010, 06:46 PM
I have the following GU Bats for sale, prices include delivery.

1) 1991 or 1992 Luis Gonzales Houston Astros GU Bat (uncracked), obtained in 1992 from the late Great Dick Dobbins... $100

2) 1991 Alan Trammell Detroit Tigers Autographed GU Bat (slight crack), obtained from Trammell in a game vs the Oakland A's on 6/11/91... $150

3) 1991 Rafael Palmeiro Texas Rangers Autographed GU Bat (slight crack, with tons of use), obtained from Palmeiro in a game vs the Oakland A's on 6/25/91... $200

thank you,

Mike
sfmays24@hotmail.com

mbrieve
01-11-2010, 08:17 PM
e-mail sent about the Trammell. Very interested!

NYCrulesU
01-11-2010, 09:28 PM
I'll take the Palmeiro. Email sent.

mbrieve
01-12-2010, 02:05 PM
It was nice corresponding with you Mike. I'm excited to add the Trammell bat to my collection! Thanks!

NYCrulesU
01-13-2010, 07:41 PM
It was nice corresponding with you Mike. I'm excited to add the Trammell bat to my collection! Thanks!

Same here. Mike is great to talk to, very kind. I'm glad to have had the chance to deal with you Mike and hope to do so again in the future. Can't wait to add the Palmeiro game bat.

sfmays24
01-16-2010, 05:29 PM
Just and update:

Thanks for the purchases Mark & J!

1) 1991 or 1992 Luis Gonzales Houston Astros GU Bat (uncracked), obtained in 1992 from the late Great Dick Dobbins... $100 (Still available and I pay the shipping cost).

2) 1991 Alan Trammell Detroit Tigers Autographed GU Bat (slight crack), obtained from Trammell in a game vs the Oakland A's on 6/11/91... SOLD

3) 1991 Rafael Palmeiro Texas Rangers Autographed GU Bat (slight crack, with tons of use), obtained from Palmeiro in a game vs the Oakland A's on 6/25/91... SOLD

thank you,

Mike
sfmays24@hotmail.com

sfmays24
01-22-2010, 02:16 PM
Price lowered to $90 delivered on the Gonzo bat.

1) 1991 or 1992 Luis Gonzales Houston Astros GU Bat (uncracked), obtained in 1992 from the late Great Dick Dobbins... $100 (Still available and I pay the shipping cost).

NYCrulesU
01-29-2010, 09:42 PM
The most aggrevating and impossible person to deal with. I agreed to purchase the Palmeiro bat from Mike Ortega. Here are the sequence of events that led to this post.

- 1/10/10 Mike and I come to terms on the price of the bat.

- 1/11/10 I mail out a Walmart money order, he refuses to accept PayPal, for $170.00

- 1/15/10 I receive an email stating that the MO arrived.

Here's where I first see signs of a problem brewing. He claims he has no idea what a Walmart money order is and that he wanted a USPS MO. He says that he was ripped off in the past and it will never happen again. He demands I cancel the money order and send him money through a wiregram.

I then tell Mr. Ortega that money orders are purchased, they are already bought and paid for. I go as far as to tell him to take his time (BIG mistake as you will see) and to deposit the MO into his bank account and when it clears to please let me know that the bat has shipped out.

- 1/16/10 the money order is deposited. I tracked the MO to his branch and confirmed this with the banks manager.

- 1/18/10 MO clears into Mr. Ortega's account. I send him an email letting him know that the money is there and ask him to please call (mind you, I asked him to place a simple phone call) his bank to confirm this. I am now tired of the veiled acussations of being a crook, there were more than one, and want him to see that his money is in fact there.

4 days goes by with no contact.

- 1/22/10 I get a snotty email stating that he has no idea if the money is there or not. He then proceeds to tell me that he will check on it when he gets around to it, maybe this week or maybe next week.

Really?

I wait 6 days.

1/28/10 I email Mr. Ortega to inquire about a tracking number for my purchase. I stated, quite clearly, should I not hear back from him within 24 hrs that I would like a full refund and I would consider our deal null and void.

1/29/10 I receive this nasty email from Mike Ortega. His words are in italics.

Sent:Fri 1/29/10 4:39 PM
To: rafaelpalmeiro25@hotmail.com

Here's a one time only offer:

Reply within the next 24 hours specifically requesting that I ship your bat out tomorrow, or I will consider this matter closed and the bat a gift. Under no circumstance, will a refund be issued.

Really? I am being given a one time offer to either accept the bat, now 2 weeks after payment was received and it still has not been shipped, or else he is going to keep my money and his bat? And consider it a gift? This has got to be a Twilight Zone episode. I have never had a deal go this sour due to the other party's lack of concern, poor bahavior and clear lack of common decency.

Mike, I cannot say this any more clearly. I no longer wish to deal with you. Not now, not ever. I no longer want your Palmeiro bat. I would like a full refund of $170. I will wait 14 days to receive my refund. After that time I will take further legal action. Will this route ultimately cost me far more than the $170? Absolutely. However, at this juncture, you need to realize that you cannot conduct yourself like this and cannot treat people like this. I will not stand for it. This is now a matter of principle.

I sent payment within 16 hours to agreeing to a deal, I made sure it arrived in a timely fashion, I went above and beyond to make the seller happy. I was courteous in all of my emails. I do not deserve this aggrevation. I've requested a full refund from him for the third time now, each time he replies with some smug remark about me letting him know when I would like to him to ship my bat out. It's too late for that now.

xpress34
01-29-2010, 11:22 PM
:eek: WOW!!! :eek:

If this is all true (and no reason not to believe it right now) it just astounds me. And I was thinking about the Gonzo bat! Thanks for letting us know what's going on here NYC.

I don't know SF, but this definately doesn't sound like acceptable behavior on a board like this.

I will keep watching here to see how this plays out.

I would also suggest you get the mods involved.

- Chris

NYCrulesU
01-29-2010, 11:36 PM
:eek: WOW!!! :eek:

If this is all true (and no reason not to believe it right now) it just astounds me. And I was thinking about the Gonzo bat! Thanks for letting us know what's going on here NYC.

I don't know SF, but this definately doesn't sound like acceptable behavior on a board like this.

I will keep watching here to see how this plays out.

I would also suggest you get the mods involved.

- Chris

Thanks Chris. I told Mike I would wait 14 days for my refund, I will do that before going any further. That would put us at about Feb. 12th. He clearly has no intention of sending me a refund. I hate to see things come to this. I paid, I waited and waited and waited and waited some more. I decided the waiting and the aggrevation wasn't worth it and asked for a refund. He refuses to give me a refund. I have never seen a seller act like this. It's astonishing.

sfmays24
01-30-2010, 01:48 AM
To all fellow board members,

I have traded, purchased and sold many items over the years via these forums without a problem, until dealing with Julie or J. Csengeto. I'm sorry that it is necessary to post this message, but board member NYCrulesU has made several untrue statements and forgot to mention all the facts in this matter.

I have heard about people like J. Csengeto, who send 20+ emails asking every question imaginable before a purchase and that's okay as I answered each one honestly and politely. However, this type of person agrees to the selling terms and soon after the deal is made, start asking for changes... the changes become demands, then threats, then more demands and so on. Each of the additional 20-30 email messages become more incoherent and outrageous.

The bat in question will be shipped out tomorrow (1/30/10) as agreed and I will concern this matter closed. I always keep my word and expect other to do the same.

If anyone would like to discuss this matter in more detail, please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns... I am a very patient and courteous person to deal with.

What I will not do, is attempt to have a dialogue with a person like J. Csengeto via Internet Forum Boards, as it is impossible to have a mature discussion with someone so unreasonable.

Below are the facts in this matter, no ridiculous or untrue statements added.

1/11/10 I listed the Rafael Palmeiro bat for $200 delivered.

1/11/10 I agree to sell the bat for $150 plus $20 shipping to J. Csengeto and he/she offers to mail a MO... at no time was Paypal discussed. I did mention that I would only ship the bat out the same day payment is received if it was via USPS MO (my request was denied). I was told that a Walmart MO would be sent and that it could be cashed at any Walmart store.

1/15/10 I received the MO and Walmart refused to cash it, stating it is "unreadable." The Manager suggested I contact the sender and have them cancel the money order, get a refund and then send the money via wire payment... once again, J. Csengeto refused and told me to deposit the MO in my Bank and that there was no hurry or rush on sending the bat out at all.

1/25/10 until today I start receiving messages that are both demanding and threatening, some from "J's Wife" Julie ...same email account, same pattern of messages.

What have I learned from this fiasco? …do not buy from or sell to people like J. Csengeto and I would highly recommend that all would be better off doing the same.

Mike Ortega
sfmays24@hotmail.com (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/sfmays24@hotmail.com)

NYCrulesU
01-30-2010, 01:55 AM
Sorry Mike, you are incorrect. None of my emails were demanding or threatening at all. Nice attempt to spin things in your favor. I have been nothing but patient. As I told you in email several times, I have waited long enough and consider our agreement null and void. I would like a full refund. If you stubbornly choose to now ship the bat, it will be returned to you unopened. And we can continue to do this until you provide me with a full refund. I will continue to document everything as I have done so far.

NYCrulesU
01-30-2010, 02:11 AM
It's become abundantly clear why Mr. Ortega refuses to accept PayPal. Buyers like myself have no recourse when he decides to pull stunts like this. No problems other than me, really? I've been on the phone with another buyer all week, whos name I will not mention, thats had the same issues with you. So please do not try to make it seem as if I am the problem Mike. Maybe we wouldn't be here if you handled things a bit more professionally and in a timely fashion. Not whenever you feel like it.

I will give you until Feb. 12th to send me a refund, in full, for $170. Past that I will place another call to the American Canyon Police Department and file charges for internet theft. I will then call your Post Master General and pursue that avenue. Should those fail I will then have no other choice but to contact my attorney and file a small claims suit. I haven't been to California in some time, I suppose I could use a vacation if I have to be there for court anyway.

It's simple Mike. You've had my money for for over 2 weeks while making no effort to ship the bat. You've had my money, cleared in your bank account, for over 11 days stillmaking no effort to ship the bat. And now suddenly, after I request a refund and make a post here, you decide you're going to ship the bat? Well, I do not accept those loosey goosey terms and I am requesting a refund. Return my money and keep your bat Mike. Then we can both wash our hands of each other.

sfmays24
02-08-2010, 06:56 PM
Just a final update on Palmeiro sale... bat was received and signed for by Julie (J) Csengeto, Fed-EX Tracking Number 468830210087450

http://fedex.com/Tracking

Let's hope no one else will ever have to deal with her again.

Mike