PDA

View Full Version : Texas Rangers jersey experts

NYCrulesU
01-12-2010, 01:43 AM
I've been doing some reading of old threads. I read that 2003 Texas Rangers jerseys were only issued in sets 1 and 2. No set 3.

Can anyone confirm this? Also, what would a 2003 set 3 be, game issued?

Thanks

legaleagle92481
01-12-2010, 09:52 AM
I've been doing some reading of old threads. I read that 2003 Texas Rangers jerseys were only issued in sets 1 and 2. No set 3.

Thanks

Contact Barry Meisel of MEIGray in the early 2000s (I am not sure of the exact time period) they had an exclusive on Rangers game used jerseys.

joelsabi
01-12-2010, 10:29 AM

Thanks

heres the thread on the palmiero jersey.

joelsabi
01-12-2010, 10:30 AM
heres the thread on the palmiero jersey.

opps

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=2008&page=2&highlight=rangers+jersey

Carlevv
01-12-2010, 04:00 PM
The long and short of it is this. In 2003 the Texas Rangers game worn jerseys were sets 1 and 2. Arod, Palmeiro and Pudge all bought boxes of jerseys with set 3 on them. Yes they bought, signed and sold them as game used. End of story.

joelsabi
01-12-2010, 04:08 PM
The long and short of it is this. In 2003 the Texas Rangers game worn jerseys were sets 1 and 2. Arod, Palmeiro and Pudge all bought boxes of jerseys with set 3 on them. Yes they bought, signed and sold them as game used. End of story.

who is they? you make it sound like the 3 players sold them as game used originally.

thats not the whole story. you need to read the posts by rudy in the link i posted earlier.

Carlevv
01-13-2010, 12:42 AM
If "THEY" signed them as "game used" they intended on selling them as gamers. I dont need to read anything to know that.

NYCrulesU
01-13-2010, 01:25 AM

Carlevv, you're correct. Thank you. I've been in contact with several reputable sources that have advised me to stay away from 2003 set 3 Rangers jerseys. From what I learned Raffy, Arod and Irod all ordered set 3's for themselves and signed them as game used when if fact the jerseys were not game used, or at a bare minimum they were worn for an inning of a game. The latter making them "game used" but not highly desirable.

I've gotten the answer to my original question. Thanks all.

joelsabi
01-13-2010, 01:54 AM
If "THEY" signed them as "game used" they intended on selling them as gamers. I dont need to read anything to know that.

Carl,

I am just saying that if you read that thread you will see that there were some jersey that were assigned as game issued and unsigned and tagged by Meigray. Later these jerseys ended up miraculously showing usage and coa papers that said they were game used. Meigray verified this and then later said that the buyer,since they have records of who they sold to, would no longer be able to buy jersey from Meigray.

i didnt want to spell it out because i like people to make up there own mind, hence the link.

Regards,

Joel

joelsabi
01-13-2010, 02:16 AM
Carlevv, you're correct. Thank you. I've been in contact with several reputable sources that have advised me to stay away from 2003 set 3 Rangers jerseys. From what I learned Raffy, Arod and Irod all ordered set 3's for themselves and signed them as game used when if fact the jerseys were not game used, or at a bare minimum they were worn for an inning of a game. The latter making them "game used" but not highly desirable.

I've gotten the answer to my original question. Thanks all.

Here is from the link I mentioned earlier:

The truth is:

1) A jersey sold by MeiGray as game-issued to a well-informed original owner was sold as game-worn by a major authenticator that is well aware of MeiGray's registration system.

2) The jersey still had the inventory serial number in it, which would have made it incredibly easy for any subsequent owner to check on. MeiGray offers a toll-free number for this service.

3) Even if the jersey changed hands a number of times, and one or more owners did not know of MeiGray's registration system, the authenticator who put his name to the jersey is familiar with MeiGray's system, and of MeiGray's deal with the Texas Rangers. Of that we are certain.

Isn't that the real issue here: Why aren't the authenticators checking with the original source of the Texas Rangers jerseys? Why are they calling something game-worn without referring to our database?

Respectfully,

Barry

Carlevv
01-13-2010, 01:08 PM
If set 3 jerseys had serial numbers they could have been fakes as well by the equipement manager who was recently fired this offseason. I know for a fact that no set 3's were worn by Raffy, Pudge, or Arod that year. I can assure you of that. As a matter of fact, in 03 one of Arod's road greys and alternate blues were stripped of the serial tags in anaheim for the last series because the equipement manager was scared Arod would take them and he would get in trouble by the Rangers for not having them. No idea where those Arod serial tags went but im guessing they went on a set 1 or 2 later ordered by the equipement manager.