PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts On The Final Hammer Price For This Favre Jersey?

TriplexXxSports
01-12-2010, 08:52 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270514018899&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

It will be interesting seeing if the reserve is met. With a $20K sticker price I would love to know what the market feels it is worth.

Any guesses?

legaleagle92481
01-12-2010, 10:06 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270514018899&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

It will be interesting seeing if the reserve is met. With a $20K sticker price I would love to know what the market feels it is worth.

Any guesses?

10 grand is my guess as the reserve price and on Ebay I doubt it will reach that. I think Jarrod is testing the waters to possibly auction more jerseys on there now that the season is over as except for the teams still alive in the playoffs interest in NFL jerseys has cooled considerably until training camp and he probably has excess inventory that he wants to clear out.

tjm5711
01-12-2010, 11:02 AM

Any guesses?

Well #1 it is real. Anyone who knows JO sports and watched the Video knows that. But in my opinion(and it's just my opinion) I think $5,000 is a fair price for this. We've already had lengthy debate about $20,000 jerseys. But if I was going to pay 20K for a jersey, I would sure as hell buy Favre before Sanchez !

suicide_squeeze
01-12-2010, 10:41 PM

Any guesses?

$12,000-$15,000

For chits and giggles.....I'll say $12,876.00

hiflyer56
01-12-2010, 11:52 PM
I found out the reserve alone is 12k

nickacs
01-17-2010, 04:23 PM
Should easily hit the reserve now with a nice, stomping of big D and 1 more game away from the SB :) If I had the cash, I'd be bidding like crazy!!

legaleagle92481
01-18-2010, 01:20 AM
Should easily hit the reserve now with a nice, stomping of big D and 1 more game away from the SB :) If I had the cash, I'd be bidding like crazy!!

Its tough because New Orleans is no easy task and they have to go play them in the noisy Superdome and if they lose what does today really mean?

nickacs
01-18-2010, 07:23 AM
Reserve met, so now it's going to end up in someone's hands.
I'd say it's going to end at $14.5

harpt
01-18-2010, 05:59 PM
I think the photomatched blood stain puts it over the 15K mark.

TriplexXxSports
01-18-2010, 08:50 PM
The verdict is in - $12,500. A little high for my personal preference, but respectable compared to $25K.

TriplexXxSports
01-18-2010, 08:53 PM
$12,000-$15,000

For chits and giggles.....I'll say $12,876.00

Was that your max bid Squeeze? With the 'Legend Continues To Grow' thread and getting this close to the price realized on this Favre.......is there something we should know? LOL...;)

nickacs
01-18-2010, 09:49 PM
Whoah, a bargin! lol :p
Wish I had that kinda cash, but good job to the winner. It's a nice one

suicide_squeeze
01-19-2010, 12:19 AM
Was that your max bid Squeeze? With the 'Legend Continues To Grow' thread and getting this close to the price realized on this Favre.......is there something we should know? LOL...;)

Hey Matt....;)

No bids from me, and I don't know any of the bidders....

I just gave it my best shot. Missed it by $376......not bad.

I'm a baseball collector, but Brett truly is a legend. His stuff, if authentic....well, see for yourselves, it's GOLDEN.

legaleagle92481
01-19-2010, 01:38 AM
The verdict is in - $12,500. A little high for my personal preference, but respectable compared to $25K.

It is the cheapest one yet makes those people who paid 20k to JO feel great I bet.

TriplexXxSports
01-19-2010, 08:21 AM
Yep - just about 37% less than the sticker price. I wouldn't pay either price, but I rather have it for $12,500 than $20,000, no doubt.

Just makes you wonder what their profit margins are on those. - PURE MARKETING GENIUS!

TriplexXxSports
01-19-2010, 08:25 AM
Hey Matt....;)

No bids from me, and I don't know any of the bidders....

I just gave it my best shot. Missed it by $376......not bad.

I'm a baseball collector, but Brett truly is a legend. His stuff, if authentic....well, see for yourselves, it's GOLDEN.

Ahh, the hype will fizzle and he will come back down into the Montana, Marino, Elway range soon enough. Only problem is for those who bought the jerseys at such commanding prices. They will never see it (IF & WHEN) they decide to resell.

Good Guess on the Hammer price! You win a free emoticon - :cool:

suicide_squeeze
01-20-2010, 11:42 PM
Ahh, the hype will fizzle and he will come back down into the Montana, Marino, Elway range soon enough. Only problem is for those who bought the jerseys at such commanding prices. They will never see it (IF & WHEN) they decide to resell.

Good Guess on the Hammer price! You win a free emoticon - :cool:

On a serious note, keep one thing in mind...

Brett Favre is setting new NFL records every time he sets foot on a football field. His career numbers are astronomical. I thought Peyton Manning would be the all-time "everything" leader by the time he retired, but I think Brett Favre is setting the numbers soooo far out there, it just isn't going to happen......for ANYONE, for a LONG time if ever.

His jerseys, especially ones that can be absolutely identified to a particular game, a particular moment in history with numbers reached while wearing it....I think they deserve a large premium over a Montana, a Bradshaw, a Marino, an Elway. This guy, love him or hate him, is just a winner.

And the scarey thing is....with the success he is having, one has to think he just may strap em on for yet another season.......you know the Vikings will be asking for him to come back.

34swtns
01-22-2010, 10:18 PM
....I think they deserve a large premium over a Montana, a Bradshaw, a Marino, an Elway.

Uuuhhhh........no.
Not if they were dipped in platinum and hand-delivered by Favre.

gingi79
01-22-2010, 10:22 PM
Uuuhhhh........no.

Yes you hate Steve for getting Tom banned. We get it. :rolleyes:

34swtns
01-22-2010, 10:50 PM
Thanks for the observation there, Oprah.

Actually, it wouldn't matter who made that ridiculous statement.
My reply would be the same.

A Favre is worth more than any one of the 4 greatest QB's of the modern era?
Please.

Even you know better than that.

So, now that Tom's gone and your brother in nit-picking is gone as well, does that mean it's up to you to take up the gauntlet as neighborhood shiz-stirrer? And maybe you're thinking of making me your target?

I'd suggest you occupy your time more wisely as that endeavor usually doesn't end well.

indyred
01-23-2010, 12:05 AM
Nice price.
have any of his Vikings throwbacks hit the market?
Anyone remember what his Jets ones sold for? I think a couple were sold on NFL auctions. Never seen any of his Jets Titans come up for sale. He set a record in one of those games throwing for a bunch of TD's.

Manram
01-23-2010, 12:15 AM
Nice price, and beautiful jersey

legaleagle92481
01-23-2010, 01:09 AM
Uuuhhhh........no.

I agree. Brett is a great QB but in alot of ways he reminds me of Kareem Abdul Jabbar a guy who set career records and won a bunch of MVPs and is considered an all time great by everyone but few consider him to be the best ever at his position. In this era alone can anyone really seriously argue that he is better than Peyton Manning or Tom Brady? Or that he is better than Montana or Unitas or Elway alltime?

34swtns
01-23-2010, 01:30 AM
Well said, and a great observation that hadn't even occurred to me.
How does Favre measure up to even the greats of today, much less the greatest of the modern era?
Of the three present-day QB's I believe you'd have to go with Brady as the only one who you could put in the same sentence as Bradshaw, Montana, etc..

indyred
01-23-2010, 02:00 AM
to me the main thing on high prices on Favre jerseys are they are 100% legit, unwashed, photo matched ( at least few like this one and bloody one from Cleveland game), team and JO Sports paper work. Everyone knows people are more than willing to spend big money on real stuff, no doubt about it gamers of rookies/super star players.