PDA

View Full Version : Free Items For $10 Donation To Charity

shafrancollectibles.com
01-14-2010, 08:49 PM
Just watched an absolutely heart-wrenching story on CNN from Haiti and it left me terribly shaken. Having texted and made the $10 donation that has been suggested all over the news, I want to try to get at least a couple more people to do so as the situation looks dire down there.

So, here are 2 items I will send to the first 2 people who simply post that they will make a similar contribution - I don't need proof, just your word and the item is yours. I wish I had more items to offer, but every dollar really matters to those people.

Please post which item you want (first come, first served), promise to make a donation, and then e-mail me and I'll mail it out.

brad@shafrancollectibles.com

1 - NY Mets 2007 Game Used Pine Tar Stick - Steiner LOA

2 - NY Mets Game Used Belt and 2 Game Used Batting Thumb Guards - don't have the Steiner LOAs but they have the holograms (if I ever locate the LOAs, I will send them along)

murfsteve25
01-14-2010, 08:54 PM
Donation sent but dont worry about sending me anything.

Truely is a horrible situation...:(

kylehess10
01-14-2010, 08:56 PM
I'd love to have the pine star stick. I was planning on donating tonight anyways. I'll send a pic for proof anyways so you know : )

I'll also pay for shipping.

shafrancollectibles.com
01-14-2010, 08:58 PM
Kyle - great. Don't send proof, and don't send money. Just e-mail me directly and I'll mail it tomorrow.

JasonBanz
01-14-2010, 09:04 PM
Just watched an absolutely heart-wrenching story on CNN from Haiti and it left me terribly shaken. Having texted and made the $10 donation that has been suggested all over the news, I want to try to get at least a couple more people to do so as the situation looks dire down there.

So, here are 2 items I will send to the first 2 people who simply post that they will make a similar contribution - I don't need proof, just your word and the item is yours. I wish I had more items to offer, but every dollar really matters to those people.

Please post which item you want (first come, first served), promise to make a donation, and then e-mail me and I'll mail it out.

brad@shafrancollectibles.com

1 - NY Mets 2007 Game Used Pine Tar Stick - Steiner LOA

2 - NY Mets Game Used Belt and 2 Game Used Batting Thumb Guards - don't have the Steiner LOAs but they have the holograms (if I ever locate the LOAs, I will send them along)\

Not a baseball collector, but I just want to say how commendable it is that you would give 2 items for people who will donate. I will be sure to donate! Where can I make the donation?

TFig27
01-14-2010, 09:06 PM
Good job Brad!

legaleagle92481
01-14-2010, 09:10 PM
Brad that is increadibly nice of you to do something like this! I hope it raises alot of money!

kylehess10
01-14-2010, 09:10 PM
Thanks Brad!! I appreciate it so much. I sent you an e-mail.

Also my donation has already been sent.

I'm glad to see so many people around the world instantly helping Haiti out. From what I remember learning in high school, Haiti is one of the poorest countries, so they really need the help.

rj_lucas
01-14-2010, 09:20 PM
Watch out for scams...here's a link to the real deal:

http://blog.mgive.com/2010/01/13/mgive-asks-you-to-text-haiti-to-90999-to-give-10-to-red-cross/

The $10 donation will appear on your mobile phone bill.

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

shafrancollectibles.com
01-14-2010, 09:22 PM
Straight from www.whitehouse.gov :

Donate $10 to the Red Cross to be charged to your cell phone bill by texting "HAITI" to "90999."

JasonBanz
01-14-2010, 09:35 PM
Thanks! Text sent!

allstarsplus
01-14-2010, 09:49 PM
Watch out for scams...here's a link to the real deal:

http://blog.mgive.com/2010/01/13/mgive-asks-you-to-text-haiti-to-90999-to-give-10-to-red-cross/

The $10 donation will appear on your mobile phone bill.

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

http://donations.ebay.com/charity/event.jsp?NP_ID=-52

Also eBay has made it easy to contribute to the Red Cross and others for Haiti relief. I listed some Michael Jordan and Tiger Woods UDA items along with some Washington Nationals items.

If it is an item that someone wants, then everyone wins.

STLHAMMER32
01-14-2010, 10:15 PM
Great idea, I have a friend from there and it is a really bad situation. It makes you appreciate loved ones and everyday things we take for granted.

STLHAMMER32
01-14-2010, 10:26 PM
Brad if you still have the belt and thumb guards I would love to send a donation as well as pay you for them, sounds like neat items, I will send you an email.

shafrancollectibles.com
01-14-2010, 10:29 PM
Just email me your address. Will ship them tomorrow.

Thank you!

Rob
01-14-2010, 11:09 PM
A sports related way to help in Haiti is

http://www.dalembertfoundation.org/donate.html.

Sam was born in Born in Port-au-Prince.

http://philadelphia.nbabasketballfansite.com/images/players/369.jpg

Rob

dcrules01
01-15-2010, 12:21 AM
I already started this on another message board. It is great to see other contributing to the cause.