PDA

View Full Version : Tomlinson Jersey in Historic

RKGIBSON
06-21-2006, 08:20 AM
I wanted to point out a couple of things on the Tomlinson Throwback jersey (#32799)in Historic Auctions. I have purchase about 50 game used jerseys from NFL Auctions. Among those were the 2003 and 2005 Tomlinson Throwbacks. The two were identical in tailoring. The size on the two were different as the 03 was tagged 03-50 S, and the 05 was tagged 05-48 S. The major problems with this jersey are the sleeves and the tail. The placement of the lightning bolts is incorrect. The sleeve numbers and the Reebok logo are not correct. The sleeves almost appear to be tucked up in the jersey. The other away 2005 Tomlinson (#31936) on the same page in the catalog has the bolts, numbers, logo and sleeves length correct, although the tail is not consistent with jerseys I have. The tail on all the jerseys sold by NFL auctions had the tail shortened and a thin strip of elastic sewn in which gives the jersey a funnel look at the bottom. There are several others that are not consistent with my NFL purchases. In my opinion, they appear to be the authentic NFL jerseys that are sold by the teams but not game used. Mostly tails cut incorrectly. The Tomlinson is easy to photo match and see the inconsistent areas.