PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had problem dealing with Historic Auctions?

MGHProductions
01-14-2010, 11:15 PM
Has anyone had any bad experiences dealing with Historic Auctions? Does anyone know who the owner is?
Thanks
Matt

schubert1970
01-14-2010, 11:39 PM
They're jerks. Bought 8k item that took forever to ship then was left at me doorstep without signature. I'll never use them again.

LastingsMilledge85
01-14-2010, 11:55 PM
I got a bat from them. Their way of their auction is unheard of and is the worst, and I get my bat like a month or so. The contact wasn't very good, their letter of provenance is meaningless to me, but I really liked what I got and I guess a got a good deal on it.

suave1477
01-15-2010, 09:07 AM
You should do a search on on the forum as there has been plenty of threads on them. I believe they ere the topic of the questionable Cano and I think a Clemens Jersey.

I myself had won, one item from there auction because it was a super rare item and I felt I would not be able to find it anywhere else any times soon.
I paid it for it and within the same week I paid for it, I received it. So personally on there shipping I do not have any complaints.

Lokee
01-15-2010, 03:41 PM
I paid it for it and within the same week I paid for it, I received it. So personally on there shipping I do not have any complaints.

Me too shipping was quick on my end as well.

rmichne
01-15-2010, 07:06 PM
I am glad someone started this post. I wanted to in the worst way but generally don't talk about people in a negative light. I am more of a 'let it go' kind of guy and it seems to work for me.

That being said...

Historic is horrible.

My first instance with them had be buying a high end bat. When it came there was actually a 3 inch piece of wood missing from the bat. It was not mentioned in the listing and was very creatively photographed.

The second instance was buying three items which I was loved when I got them. The only problem was they left out the LOAs. And the kicker was they were LOAs from the 'greatest authenticator of all time, Lou Lampson' (I know you cannot see this but I rolled my eyes when I typed that in). I emailed Historic six times with no response and called them fourteen times with some really creative responses ranging from: 'Brad went home sick'; 'He is not back from Indiana yet'; 'He is busy with the new auction'; and my favorite the old dead grandma trick. Brad did send me an email promising to call me on Monday (he did not specify WHICH Monday so he may not have been lying on that one). Even after threats of disputing the credit card payment I did not hear from Brad. I did trick him one time just for my own entertainment and said I was interested in an Arod bat he was selling and he got on the line in about ten seconds.

Anyway, I finally gave up. I think the items are good and in reality what weight do Lou Lampson LOAs really carry among the educated members of our community.

That's all I have. Other than a special thank you to Chris Cavalier and the staff of Game Used Universe who know the definition of customer service and know how to run an auction.

Ron

suicide_squeeze
01-15-2010, 08:54 PM
A few years back I received an unsolicited catalog in the mail from them.

I flipped through it, saw what IMO was a slew of wickedly bad forgeries and garbage mixed in with a good piece here and there....and filed it in the round file.

I believe I got one or two more, filed them appropriately after I couldn't get through page three without laughing....and somewhere shortly after that, probably because I never registered to bid with them, I was cut off their mailing list.

I appreciated that timely and thoughful customer service. Thet're A-OK in my book!

jbcindc
01-17-2010, 12:00 AM
I have purchased two NFL "game worn" jerseys that weren't remotely close to game worn. One didn't even match the description of the LOA. I returned both. On the first return they refunded me; on the second I opened a dispute with my credit card company who ended up reversing the charges.

Jason

schubert1970
01-17-2010, 12:39 AM
I got a bat from them. Their way of their auction is unheard of and is the worst, and I get my bat like a month or so. The contact wasn't very good, their letter of provenance is meaningless to me, but I really liked what I got and I guess a got a good deal on it.

Off topic, but I noticed your avatar is SOFAD cover for DM. Are you a big fan?