PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone dealt with elbooman

carmelo51
01-15-2010, 01:02 AM
I saw a pair of his shoes that he was selling and am very interested in them. I might email him but I want to see if he is a reliable seller.Has anyone bought any of his game worn shoes. LMK

SWPY
01-17-2010, 01:39 AM
I e-mail him inquiring about his Michael Jordan Game Worn AJ XIII. He got back to me with pics. He did not answer my question regarding its provenance despite of asking about it for, at least, 2 times. He claimed the shoes were worn on February 12, 1996. MJ did not wear XIII until his last season with the bulls, 1997-98. On top of that, the Bulls never placed on February 12 on 1997 or 1998. This all happen today. Thanks!

Mulligans
01-17-2010, 01:20 PM
He has been trying to track me down to buy a pair of Garnet Shoes. He recently sent me an E-mail with @40 pairs of shoes listed. (if you want the list let me know). He sent me a few other e-mails and started to get pushy on the Garnets so I didn't rush into it. Here is what little I know from his e-mail. I'm sorry that I couldn't answer your question exactly, but I'm sure every little bit of info helps!

hey i saw from NBA cares auctions you bid on some brandon roy game worn signed shoes... i am a huge collector and have been collecting for years, i get all my shoes from ballboys, and i would like to sell some of my collection.... heres a list of all my game worn NBA players shoes, let me know which your intrested in and i can send u pictures and prices... thanks!

sportscentury
02-10-2010, 11:27 PM
He is not reliable. He is one of the worst sellers out there. I wasted a ton of my time on this clown recently. Just a few examples:

-- Lied to me about the game date of a pair of Jordans. Then denied he lied until I showed him his own email. He tried to brush off the lie by saying he must have been "confused."

-- Lied to me about a pair of Chris Pauls being photomatched. He insisted they were photomatched even after I proved that they were not even stylematched!

-- Lied to me about shipping my items on multiple occasions. I finally got my money back after I made it clear that it was in his best interests to give me a refund (cough). Let's just say I made him an "offer" he couldn't refuse.

I talked with a friend of mine yesterday who is also a high-end basketball collector and he said that my experiences are NOTHING compared to what he went through with this fraud. I wish I had talked with him first.

My advice: STAY AWAY.