PDA

View Full Version : Does Barry Bonds ever do signings?

33bird
01-15-2010, 11:00 AM
I'm guessing no, but if anybody knows if he ever signs please let me know. Thanks.

legaleagle92481
01-15-2010, 11:07 AM
He has a website that he sells signed stuff through it is very pricey though. The last public signing he did was about seven, eight years ago in Atlantic City. It was arranged by Steve Hoskins of Kent Collectibles who grew up with Barry but since they have had a falling out. I would not expect another because if he does all people will do is ask him about roids and some people will try to get him to sign crazy stuff like syringes.

BULBUS
01-15-2010, 11:08 AM
He did that signing with AROD a couple of years ago. Charged a fortune.

Since then, a lot has come out about the steroid issue. Doubt he'll be doing and public signing for a while, if ever.

-Chris

suicide_squeeze
01-16-2010, 12:25 AM
He did that signing with AROD a couple of years ago. Charged a fortune.

Since then, a lot has come out about the steroid issue. Doubt he'll be doing and public signing for a while, if ever.

-Chris

That signing was a real eye-opener.

Barry and A-Rod were selling a "Meet-and-Greet" ticket for $10,000 a head.

You would get approximately 8-10 minutes to sit and chat with the users.....er.....players privately, then had your choice of a signed item (I think it was a photo, or a baseball....BFD) and they would take a picture of Barry or A-rod, whomever you chose to meet, with you, and I believe the player would sign that photo too.

You could send items in to be signed. For a rediculous amount of money I had my Barry Bonds 58th home run ball from his record setting asterisk 2001 season (a splash-down BOMB in McCovey cove in San Francisco) signed.....and a rookie game used Louisville Slugger of his, the only two Bonds items I own, and ever will thank you.

FYI.... In an article I read sometime after the meet and greet event, it was made public that A-Rod donating all of the funds made at that event to charity. Remember, A-Rod was the highest paid baseball player in MLB history at the time, with that fat $250,000,000 contract with the Rangers.

When Bonds was asked if he would do the same, he responded with "Hell no, I'm keeping mine. Us black guys don't make that much money, so I have to look out for myself and my family."

No joke. I may have the quote off by a word or two, but that was the essense of his statement.

allstarsplus
01-16-2010, 12:55 AM
That signing was a real eye-opener.

Barry and A-Rod were selling a "Meet-and-Greet" ticket for $10,000 a head.

You would get approximately 8-10 minutes to sit and chat with the users.....er.....players privately, then had your choice of a signed item (I think it was a photo, or a baseball....BFD) and they would take a picture of Barry or A-rod, whomever you chose to meet, with you, and I believe the player would sign that photo too.

You could send items in to be signed. For a rediculous amount of money I had my Barry Bonds 58th home run ball from his record setting asterisk 2001 season (a splash-down BOMB in McCovey cove in San Francisco) signed.....and a rookie game used Louisville Slugger of his, the only two Bonds items I own, and ever will thank you.

FYI.... In an article I read sometime after the meet and greet event, it was made public that A-Rod donating all of the funds made at that event to charity. Remember, A-Rod was the highest paid baseball player in MLB history at the time, with that fat $250,000,000 contract with the Rangers.

When Bonds was asked if he would do the same, he responded with "Hell no, I'm keeping mine. Us black guys don't make that much money, so I have to look out for myself and my family."

No joke. I may have the quote off by a word or two, but that was the essense of his statement.

I was there in person and it was a Scot Monette production. Steve Hoskins I am almost positive was out of the picture already because Barry's new guy was there Jeff "JB" Bernstein.

So I lug sports art and game used items which I pre-cleared to get signed with Scot and JB was walking the line as you got close and he walks up to me and told me that none of my stuff would get signed.

So I think to myself, I drive the family to New York City and stayed at the Marriott Marquis and already between hotel and meals have spent over $1,000 and then add over $10,000 I spent namely to get Barry Bonds sigs (yes, I know now how dillusional I was to do this). It is a cold rainy day. Barry is over an hour late for the event.

So I basically walked away with ARod signed items and had Barry sign some baseballs to take the place of my rejected items.

Good luck 33bird if you try it!

allstarsplus
01-16-2010, 10:54 AM
I remember a thread showing you and your sons at this event.

So preclearance doesn't mean a thing? I would be upset if I came that far and for them to say no. Thats just plain wrong.

I had to lug around all of these paintings for the 3 hours we were there too.

There were a couple of people who got signed Louisville Slugger bats and he signed a couple of Hologram'd SAM bats.

I did get a HR Derby base signed from his last HR Derby he participated in and my game used ball from his 700th HR game so that was my consolation for all the headaches.

allstarsplus
01-16-2010, 11:44 AM
Here's a photo of Barry with Steve "Stevie" Hoskins a few paces behind.