PDA

View Full Version : My first Barry Bonds game used bat..

33bird
01-15-2010, 12:30 PM
I usually don't collect much but Reds bats and jerseys, but I think after time, Bonds stuff is gonna rebound in a big way. Could be wrong, but I'll chance it. This is a 2007 LS B371 large knob that Bonds ordered towards the end of 07 when he passed up Aaron for all-time HRs. BMH verified this and said this model was based on his SAM bat that he sent them-large knob, etc. 34 inches long and around 32 ounces. Good use. Don't know if it was a bp bat or actually used in a game but it has real good use. Check it out:

bigtruck260
01-15-2010, 01:22 PM
There are times that I wish I was a Bonds collector...

His bats are just so aesthetically pleasing, they look awsome...and would just look amazing displayed in a chronological order on a wall. The tar, elaborate tape, etc. Man, I LOVE the way that bat looks.

There are only a few others that compare - Soriano, Posada and Mark Grace come to mind.

GREAT pickup!

tigerdale
01-15-2010, 02:39 PM
awesome bat!!!

suicide_squeeze
01-15-2010, 09:02 PM
Dave,

I read your post, and I feel the same way. His bats are truly a visual baseball masterpiece. To grab onto a perfectly prepared one and behold it is cool.

But it's kind of like holding a colonoscopy scope in your hands......because of where it came from.

suicide_squeeze
01-15-2010, 09:14 PM
Greg,

I am certain as you are, especially with the fact BMH has verified it, that this bat was made without question for Bonds.

The one thing I find a tad piculiar is the large amount of Pine tar above the handle portion.

Barry preferred the "stick" application of pine tar on his bats directly to the taped handle. This looks more like the "towel" application of pine tar possibly applied by another player who may have used the bat. Add to that the ball marks that are on the right-hand hitting surface of the bat, and it's a head scratcher that this bat was actually weilded only by Barry. But again, maybe he was hitting with it with the label down?

I in no way want to detract from your acquisition. Just food for thought. The bat is truly a beauty, and personally, there is nothing to me better than a Louisville slugger. Nice pick up.

Steve

Manram
01-15-2010, 10:14 PM
Sweet looking bat

stretch
01-15-2010, 10:28 PM
Like most of his bats, another beauty.

schubert1970
01-16-2010, 12:44 AM
Sweeeet bat!!!

I was at the game where Bonds hit 756 and what an experience. I was in the 8th row of the left field bleachers. When Aaron was on the big screen it was quiet you could hear a pin drop.

A few weeks later on Barry's web site, he was selling a limited 10 or 15 baseballs with a signed inscreption of 756 and the date. I bought one and my friend bought two.

I've yet to see one of these on the second hand market.

Would love to find a Bonds gamer, but can't find one for a good price.

Bill

NegleyPirate
01-17-2010, 06:54 PM
Greg what a nice looking bat!!! I wish I had a Bonds Sam Bat. Maybe someday I will get one. Again what a nice pick-up!!!