PDA

View Full Version : Professional Model Jersey? (Hunt Auction)

hiflyer56
01-16-2010, 01:16 AM
Are the gamers, b/c some say they show wear...????

TriplexXxSports
01-16-2010, 10:17 AM
That's a tough call and one of the reasons I think twice about Hunt. I bought an Orton 'professional model' that was caked with use and repairs.

In the same manner, I bought a Peterson that was a 'professional model' and it was an issued jersey from NFL Auctions that lacked all customizations (cuffed sleeves, hemmed waste, etc.)

It is an 'up in the air' scenario. The descriptions are vague, and the pictures don't help any.

I would suggest contacting Daisy. She is great to work with and she will send additional pictures of the piece you are looking at.

tknorm
01-16-2010, 04:06 PM
someone at Hunt once told me that they use "Professional Model" when they do not have certainty or provenance that a jersey or item was actually game-used. They prefer to do this rather than infer from usage wear that it is, in fact, game used. To me, it makes sense to be conservative if you don't have a strong line of proof. We all know of many examples where people have used judgement versus legitimate proof. I like this conservative approach myself.

dcgreg25
01-16-2010, 08:17 PM
That's a tough call and one of the reasons I think twice about Hunt. I bought an Orton 'professional model' that was caked with use and repairs.

In the same manner, I bought a Peterson that was a 'professional model' and it was an issued jersey from NFL Auctions that lacked all customizations (cuffed sleeves, hemmed waste, etc.)

It is an 'up in the air' scenario. The descriptions are vague, and the pictures don't help any.

I would suggest contacting Daisy. She is great to work with and she will send additional pictures of the piece you are looking at.

TriplexXx, I agree it is a bit of a double-edged sword. Just my opinion but when they say "professional model" it makes me more nervous than if they said game issued or whatever. The descriptions almost read like they are hiding something- though logically I know they are not. Hunt sells some great items but I have never been a big fan of the layout/navigation and descriptions are vague. I guess they are just being careful and honest but I find myself more confused often after reading their descriptions than before. For whatever reason, I have never bought an item from them. Nothing against them, just a matter of personal preference. If they had an item I was searching for, I would buy from them.

Cubanfan
01-17-2010, 11:25 AM
I agree that if the provenance is not 100% they play it safe. This is good.The Paul Warfield and Larry Little jerseys are just that, salesman's samples,model.The Dolphins used Sand Knit only 1 year in the 70's and the numbers where not screened on.

Carlos

fernsix@aol.com

Always looking for vintage Miami Dolphins