PDA

View Full Version : Help With Jesse Orosco Jersey on Ebay

rmichne
01-19-2010, 09:25 PM
Hello,
Just wondering if anyone has any opinions on the 1979 Jesse Orosco jersey on ebay right now. Here is the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/METS-JESSE-OROSCO-GAME-USED-JERSEY-BATTING HELMET_W0QQitemZ330396887552QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_ DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4ced306a00

Sorry for the long link to the item It does work though. I am not very well versed in the older mets jerseys but to me the name plate looks a little funny.

Any help and opinions would be welcome.

thanks

Ron
rmichne@yahoo.com

TNTtoys
01-19-2010, 10:27 PM
Ron,

The reason the nameplate probably looks a little off is because it is extremely likely that it is not the original nameplate. During this era, the Mets collected their game jerseys at the end of the season, stripped the nameplates off of them, and then recycled them through the minors. 1979-1985 Mets jerseys today commonly (and I mean nearly all of them with very rare exception) either have nameplates removed completely or restored (you should be able to see outlines of both new plate and old). The jerseys that have significant use almost always have a good deal of that from the minors. You will see black marker on the tail of most of these to indicate inventory numbers, etc.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions you might have about this jersey or similar ones of this era. I have a great deal of knowledge with these jerseys (and own a fair few).

Nick