PDA

View Full Version : Please Give Us Your Contact Information!!!!!

suave1477
06-21-2006, 08:35 PM
Dear Members of this site.

In many occasions on this site especially in the "Items for Sale" and "Items Wanted" categories please leave some type of contact info for other members to reach you.

For Several reasons

1) Business does not need to be discussed on here for the public to view.
2) If your not an active member consistenly looking at the post you left you may lose out on an item or sale. That someone may have for you bcuz they cant reach you.
3) If you have questions or answers for someone the issue may be sensitive to the other person.
4) It just makes things a lot easier for everyone.

This is just a suggestion and in no way am i setting any new rules for this forum. Just trying to help.

sportscentury
06-21-2006, 08:52 PM
Dear Members of this site.

In many occasions on this site especially in the "Items for Sale" and "Items Wanted" categories please leave some type of contact info for other members to reach you.

For Several reasons

1) Business does not need to be discussed on here for the public to view.
2) If your not an active member consistenly looking at the post you left you may lose out on an item or sale. That someone may have for you bcuz they cant reach you.
3) If you have questions or answers for someone the issue may be sensitive to the other person.
4) It just makes things a lot easier for everyone.

This is just a suggestion and in no way am i setting any new rules for this forum. Just trying to help.

Jason,

It should be noted that Eric has asked folks to include their first and last names when listing items for sale. It seems to me to be the most basic of information, as I couldn't imagine buying an item from someone whom had not provided me with his full name.

Reid

icollectDCsports
06-21-2006, 10:34 PM
The previous version of this forum allowed readers to access a member's e-mail address by clicking on their ID in a post. I wish that was the case with this forum as well.

Eric
06-22-2006, 09:33 AM
You're right, people's email addresses were available on the old site. Chris and I had to take that feature down because people were collecting the information and spamming the users of this site. You can send private messages to each other or include your email address in posts if you so choose.
Eric

trsent
06-22-2006, 01:45 PM
If a user wants to add their signature to all their posts, go to the User CP on each menu of this forum and enter a signature like the one I have below. Then we will be able to contact you privately if you wish off the site.