PDA

View Full Version : Is this the real deal yall? (saints jersey)

Gremillion, j
01-21-2010, 02:20 PM
has no authentication or anything..

just want yalls opinions. thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/GAME-WORN-USED-JOE-HORN-SAINTS-NFL-FOOTBALL-JERSEY-40_W0QQitemZ120519999179QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_SM_F an_Shop?hash=item1c0f8d3ecb

ivo610
01-21-2010, 02:30 PM
I only could find a handful of photos from that season, the jersey looks like its a legit game issued or used. My only concern was the nfl shield but that seem to check out and the sleeves are correct. The size does seem a little small but maybe someone on here can shed some more light on that.

Gremillion, j
01-21-2010, 02:40 PM
I only could find a handful of photos from that season, the jersey looks like its a legit game issued or used. My only concern was the nfl shield but that seem to check out and the sleeves are correct. The size does seem a little small but maybe someone on here can shed some more light on that.

thanks ivo! :)

anyone else

TriplexXxSports
01-21-2010, 03:38 PM
Yeah, the photo's of Horn from 2000 are limited, but based on what I can see in the Getty pics and the images from the listing, everything seems to be correct. The letter font and placement is correct, the number font is correct. The alterations appear to be correct. The tagging is consistent with other 2000 Saints models. The logo on the sleeves varies a little bit in some of the pictures, but not enough to raise concern.

Without having the jersey in hand to inspect the actual wear I won't say for 100% sure that it is worn, but based on the pics in the listing I would give it a solid 75% chance.

I would give it the thumbs up. We know it is a legit ISSUED jersey, at least, and looking at the pics, there is also a VERY strong likely hood that it was in fact worn.

Ask the seller if they could supply some detailed pics of the wear and see if you can't match it up. It maybe a long shot finding the exact game, but it is worth a shot and the you will have 100% authenticity via Photo Match.

TriplexXxSports
01-21-2010, 03:46 PM

According to Wiki, he is 6'1 and 208. Seeing as though he is a receiver and only in his 3rd or 4th year in 2000, a size 40 isn't out of sorts. I mean Devin Hester is in a size 42-44 and he is about the same size.

The difference in size between 40 and 42 is like the difference in the style of pads the player wears.....it is very minimal.

frankneck
01-21-2010, 07:48 PM
Anyone else think the placement of the nameplate is a little odd? Kind of high in the middle area.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj189/tshirtjunkie/steve2493Large.jpg

Gremillion, j
01-21-2010, 08:32 PM
Anyone else think the placement of the nameplate is a little odd? Kind of high in the middle area.

thanks guys, and yeah frankneck that is the thing that bothered me too

Gremillion, j
01-21-2010, 08:34 PM

and frankneck btw, just wonderin if you were interested in buying it too. u beat me in the troy evans auction lol. dude horn is my fav player of all time. cut me some slack? :)

frankneck
01-21-2010, 08:50 PM
So you're the one that drove up the price on that Evans :)

Got it for $350 which isn't too bad considering the Saints only have 3 captains and wore the pink patches for 1 game. Most teams have 5-6 captains and wore them in more than 1 game.

I didn't plan on going after the Horn so have it, hopefully it slips under the radar and you can get it fairly cheap.

Gremillion, j
01-21-2010, 09:04 PM
So you're the one that drove up the price on that Evans :)

Got it for $350 which isn't too bad considering the Saints only have 3 captains and wore the pink patches for 1 game. Most teams have 5-6 captains and wore them in more than 1 game.

I didn't plan on going after the Horn so have it, hopefully it slips under the radar and you can get it fairly cheap.

yep, was a good pickup for u. u got the last one and its good cuz its gonna be from our super bowl year!!

and thanks man

TriplexXxSports
01-21-2010, 10:58 PM

The placement of the nameplate is seeming that way because of the contour of the mannequin.