PDA

View Full Version : which teams are overpriced for their items?

pungent
01-22-2010, 09:40 AM
to you which teams do you think overprice their game used items? on the other side which teams do you think offer fair prices?

suave1477
01-22-2010, 09:45 AM
Teams that are overpriced. Just the ones that charge you money. lol lol:D

I think it is a no Brainer Yankees & Mets.

Yankee do it because they know somewhere out there they will get it.

Mets do it for what, I have no idea.

Manram
01-22-2010, 10:08 AM
At the A's Fanfest they have very good prices. They sell jerseys from $20-$100

TriplexXxSports
01-22-2010, 10:08 AM
On the football side of things, the Bears, Patriots, and Chargers all seem to be overpriced. Probably because they are hard to obtain and really only sourced through 2 companies.

On the cheaper side, Dallas, Seattle, Raiders.... seem to be the lowest. I'm sure because they are readily available and fairly easy to obtain.

platinum1
01-22-2010, 11:17 AM
I think it has to be the BlueJays.
Atleast the Yankees have history behind their jerseys.
But for a team like the BlueJays that havent won anything in years
why would anyone pay those prices.

whatupyos
01-22-2010, 11:25 AM
Blue Jays and Yankees.

LastingsMilledge85
01-22-2010, 12:05 PM
Brewers

legaleagle92481
01-22-2010, 12:46 PM
Most teams are overpriced for jerseys in all sports, no matter how they sell them.

mattmueller
01-22-2010, 01:10 PM
I will second the Brewers comment. Hopefully they realize the error in their ways soon.

sugarpam
01-22-2010, 01:15 PM
I think it has to be the BlueJays.
Atleast the Yankees have history behind their jerseys.
But for a team like the BlueJays that havent won anything in years
why would anyone pay those prices.

I agree the Blue Jays are overpriced.

As for why anyone would pay those prices, even though they haven't won anything in years - I pay them because I collect game used memorabilia, and the Jays are my favourite team. I have to be more selective in what I buy because of the prices, but I'd rather have a couple of overpriced pieces that mean something to me, and that I really enjoy, than a larger collection of items from other teams that I don't follow.

-Pam

Lokee
01-22-2010, 05:34 PM
I think the Seattle Mariners stuff is over priced at least retail from Safeco Field store.

LastingsMilledge85
01-22-2010, 05:38 PM
Teams that are overpriced. Just the ones that charge you money. lol lol:D

I think it is a no Brainer Yankees & Mets.

Yankee do it because they know somewhere out there they will get it.

Mets do it for what, I have no idea.

On MLB auctions I have seen fair prices for the Mets jerseys. Some things they are a little overpriced for, but currently their prices have gone down on a number of things. There is no reason why they should be overpriced in the first place because in their franchise and recent history have not done anything unlike the Yankees and Red Sox.

game jersey
01-22-2010, 05:41 PM
I think the Seattle Mariners stuff is over priced at least retail from Safeco Field store.

agreed, the cheapest game used jersey of Jack Hanahhan will cost $600!!

ahuff
01-22-2010, 06:44 PM
One of my areas of collecting are minor league uniforms. I will say that many of those items are extremely overpriced considering their potential resale value. I've talked to many of the teams, and understand that just to replace the uniforms costs $150 or more. But to think that a common player on a small market team will bring anywhere near that is crazy. Even if the guys become a major league player or even a major league superstar, it is tough to get anywhere in the $250-500 range for a minor league jersey. Just my 2cents.

mariner_gamers
01-22-2010, 07:57 PM

I concur their prices are outrageous!!!

xpress34
01-22-2010, 08:37 PM
The Rockies depends on the year - their hats are normally well priced, but jerseys are all over the place.

Even last years jerseys from guys that are no longer here can be as much as $150ea.

On a side note, the Rox just keep shutting out their true fans more and more - I get irritated reading about all the Fan Fests... the Rox use to do a Winter Caravan... this year will be the third in a row with an under the radar 'Fan Fest' - as long as you are a Season Ticket Holder. regular fans who can't afford Season Tickets aren't invited and can't buy admission.

Also, the Rox did a LOTTO for the 1st time in their history for Opening Day tickets... again, unless you were a Season Ticket holder in which case you can buy pretty much all you want... they are the CHEAPEST team in MLB in terms of SGAs (Stadium Give Aways), etc. In fact, unless the 'sponsor' of an SGA is willing to pay fully for the items the Rox are giving away, then the Rox aren't interested.

Sorry for the rant....

- Chris

lehmsbobby
01-23-2010, 02:10 AM
For me living in San Francisco

the giants are insanely priced. jerseys start at 500 dollars for coaches and then go up to about 2500.

tim lincecum signed all star baseballs are a cool 500 dollars. end of story.

mariner_gamers
01-23-2010, 04:26 AM
For me living in San Francisco

the giants are insanely priced. jerseys start at 500 dollars for coaches and then go up to about 2500.

tim lincecum signed all star baseballs are a cool 500 dollars. end of story.

Yup, I think you have the Mariners beat but they don't get any Ichiban or George Jr. used items so we could be in it if they could score some......

godwulf
01-23-2010, 11:58 AM
At the Diamondbacks Team Shop (and the special GU shop they opened up last year) it's tough to find a bat for less than $125, regardless of whose it is. They'll have Spring Training bats from no-name players who didn't even make the team that they want $125 for. And they never drop the price, regardless of how long the bat is there; they've had a nice brown Brent Mayne LS from when he was with the team in '04 sitting in there for at least three years, and I'm probably one of the few fans who even remember Mayne playing for us or want the bat, but I'm not going to shell out that kind of money for it.

Even bench players' jerseys seldom go for less than $350, and "star" players' (like Eric Byrnes :cool:, who I'm happy to say is now somebody else's problem) for as much as $500.

Instanton
01-23-2010, 06:23 PM
The Rockies depends on the year - their hats are normally well priced, but jerseys are all over the place.

Even last years jerseys from guys that are no longer here can be as much as $150ea.

On a side note, the Rox just keep shutting out their true fans more and more - I get irritated reading about all the Fan Fests... the Rox use to do a Winter Caravan... this year will be the third in a row with an under the radar 'Fan Fest' - as long as you are a Season Ticket Holder. regular fans who can't afford Season Tickets aren't invited and can't buy admission.

Also, the Rox did a LOTTO for the 1st time in their history for Opening Day tickets... again, unless you were a Season Ticket holder in which case you can buy pretty much all you want... they are the CHEAPEST team in MLB in terms of SGAs (Stadium Give Aways), etc. In fact, unless the 'sponsor' of an SGA is willing to pay fully for the items the Rox are giving away, then the Rox aren't interested.

Sorry for the rant....

- Chris

Your rant is not in vain. You and me both. It would have been great if the medical clinic, a week ago, was for the public. It'd be enjoyable seeing some top prospects getting healty. As well as a few veterans, like Jeff Francis.