PDA

View Full Version : For sale:Bats with heavy pine tar: Kirk Gibson, LaRue, Mueller, Klesko, Bay, Uggla, Swisher, Mientkiewicz, mor

Number9
01-23-2010, 02:18 AM
Uncracked bats for sale: Kirk Gibson, Bill Mueller, Nick Swisher, Jason Bay, Doug Mientkiewicz, Casey Kotchman, Dan Uggla, Jason LaRue, Dante Bichette, Jeff Francoeur (slight crack), and Ryan Klesko. See below for photos, details and prices. Please note all prices are firm and less than I paid on every single one. Paypal payments only. No holds, no trades, no payment plans.

Bats with heavy pine tar:

Kirk Gibson 1980s uncracked game used bat: I suggest this may be the best Gibson bat around. Has perfect player characteristics. Heavy dry pine tar, lots of ballmarks on correct right side, lots of ink transfers including a perfect round one on front barrel, and about 25 cleat marks, including one deep one that caused a light 2-inch surface split on the back barrel. '23' on knob and barrel end. Bought from Tim at Hall of Fame bats. Price is $250 plus $12 shipping.

Ryan Klesko 1997 Braves game used uncracked blonde Rawlings bat: Heavy dry pine tar, lots of ballmarks on left side, which means he must have swung it with the label down. Best part of this bat is that it still had a finger pad wrapped around the know from when Klesko had a finger injury. As good as it gets in a player characteristic. Proper Rawlings knob stampings and markings. 18 on knob and barrel end. Was told this bat originally came from Ryan's agent but I have no paperwork. Price is $90 plus $12 shipping.

Jason LaRue uncracked Reds game used bat: Heavy dried pine tar. Ballmarks and very light grain swelling on both sides of barrel. '23' on knob and barrel end. Pice is $80 plus $12 shipping.

Doug Mientkiewicz Yankees uncracked game used bat. This two-tone maple bat shows Fgreat game used with heavy pine tar, awesome ballmarks on the correct right side and a lot of cleat marks. Bat also has a great tape job on the knob. Has Doug's Yankees number 11 inked on the knob on the cupped end. Bat says Kansas City Royals on the barrel but it was originally acquired from Steiner Sports, so that means he brought the bat along after he signed with the Yankees and used it with New York. Bat comes with LOAs from JT Sports and Steiner but I removed the holograms because I don't like stickers on my bats. Bat is also on ebay. Price is $120 plus $12 shipping.

Ryan Klesko Padres game used uncracked black Carolina Clubs bat: Scored handle, heavy dry pine tar, the thickest I have ever seen on a bat, lots of ballmarks on all sides of barrel. Taped knob. '30' on cupped end of barrel. Nothing legible on the knob though it could be worn off. I was told this one also came from Ryan's agent, but I have no paperwork. Price is $85 plus $12 shipping.

Other nice bats for sale (see photos for more info):

Bill Mueller Red Sox game used uncracked bat. Shows very good use with ballmarks and ink transfers of both sides of barrel as Bill was a switch hitter. GREAT player characteristic in pine tar covered in rosin on handle, have seen Bill swinging bats like that in many photos. Back barrel top grain just barely raised from ball contact but not seperated at all, more like raised from swelling. Bill's 11 and '31 oz' inked on knob. Great bat used by Billy Ballgame, a Red Sox hero for his big hit in 1994 that saved the season and led to the World Series title. Price is $150 plus $12.

Jason Bay Pirates uncracked game used bat: Great game use on this black bat, on the correct left side. Several cleat indentions on right side. Ballpark Heroes LOA if I can find it. Price is $195 plus $12.
Dante Bichette Rockies black Louisville Slugger; great use; $65 plus $12.

Nick Swisher A's uncracked game used bat: Good use, light pine tar, great taped knob. Heavy, crazy looping rack marks. 'BLS" inked on knob in honor of his grandmother. $145 plus $12

Jeff Francoeur Braves Louisville Slugger; light use but very light crack in trademark area. Cool part of this bat is the 'When in Rome' written on the knob. Jeff had odd expressions written on his gamers for awhile, I have had three of them. Price is $125 plus $12.

Casey Kotchman Angels uncracked game used blonde x-bat bat: Light pine tar, very good use, most on left side as photos show Casey batting with label down. '35 on knob. Taube LOA. Price is $90 plus $12.

Dan Uggla Marlins game used uncracked bat: Excellent pine tar, light game used on barrel, nice taped knob; '6' on knob and cupped end. Taube LOA. Price is $140 plus $12.

I am 'wolvesdogs' on ebay if you want to check out my perfect feedback. A few of the above bats are also on ebay, but prices offered here are slightly lower because there would be no ebay fees.

E-mail me at: historydogs@yahoo.com

Mike

Number9
01-23-2010, 02:21 AM
Start of photos:

Number9
01-23-2010, 02:26 AM
Gibson bat:

Number9
01-23-2010, 02:29 AM
Mueller bat and others

Number9
01-23-2010, 02:31 AM
A few more photos:

Number9
01-23-2010, 02:49 AM
Vern and Michael,
E-mail me again if you are interested in these bats and put something in the e-mail subject line so I will know they are legitimate e-mails please. I don't like to click on e-mails with no subject lines, as you don't know if they are spam, viruses etc.
Thanks.

Mike

eisenreich8
01-23-2010, 08:53 AM
Hi Mike!

Email sent.

Joe

Number9
01-23-2010, 12:28 PM
Mueller and Kotchman on hold, pending payment.

Manram
01-23-2010, 12:45 PM
Email sent

HawaiiSportsNut
01-23-2010, 12:48 PM
Manram... did you ship out my bat?

Manram
01-23-2010, 12:51 PM
Manram... did you ship out my bat?

I'll shoot you an email

Number9
01-23-2010, 04:51 PM
Kirk Gibson bat is sold, pending payment.

Number9
01-24-2010, 03:08 PM
Mueller and Kotchman have sold and are no longer available.

eisenreich8
01-28-2010, 12:31 PM
Mike,

Got my bats todays! Thanks very much; I couldn't be more pleased. I appreciate your services on my behalf!

Joe

Number9
01-28-2010, 01:54 PM
Great Joe,
You are a real pleasure to deal with. Good to meet you. Thanks.

To all:
Both Klesko bats have now sold too, so here is what is left:

Nick Swisher
Jason Bay
Doug Mientkiewicz
Dan Uggla
Jason LaRue
Dante Bichette
Jeff Francoeur (slight crack)

More info earlier in this thread.
Thanks.
Mike

apfriz
01-30-2010, 04:05 PM
Wow !! Got my bats today, and this purchase couldnt be better on any front !! Bats were fantastic, and I dont think I couldnt have received the bats faster if you were my neighber ! lol !

Thank you again for a pleasant experience.

Number9
01-30-2010, 04:14 PM
Thanks Anthony. I try to treat others as I would like to be treated, and shipping items quickly is one of those ways.
I am glad those bats went to a good home. You were a pleasure to deal with too.
Happy collecting.

Mike

mlbforeverhomer
02-01-2010, 05:27 PM
Interested in Uggla, and Bay. Can you send pictures to my email?

Thank you,

Clay

claytonlemmons@yahoo.com

Number9
02-01-2010, 07:58 PM
Swisher has sold.

Hi Clay,
I will e-mail you some photos in the next hour or so. It might be better if I just take new photos of those 2 bats.
Thanks.

Mike