• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mattmueller
    • Dec 2007

AJ Hawk on Ebay - Beware

All:

There is an AJ Hawk jersey on ebay, here:

Packer jersey expert Guy Hankel discusses his concerns with it on his blog entry, here:

Bidder beware.

Matt
    email is matmuell at umich.edu
  • gwh11
    • Aug 2005

Re: AJ Hawk on Ebay - Beware

Kudos to Matt (and Gil Ceder) for catching this again. This disappeared from eBay shortly after a few of us caught this (a few weeks back), but now it's back. At that time, Matt raised a good question: Could the seller have messed up and attributed this to the wrong game? Instead, could it have been worn in the first preseason road game that year? I looked at my copy of that game (vs. the Chargers), and a found a few differences, including different placement of the nameplate. Hopefully I can find time to post a few screen captures so folks can judge for themselves.
    Guy

Comment

• gwh11
      • Aug 2005

Also, Matt's being generous by calling me an expert. I've simply been lucky enough to have handled a number of jerseys, and have enough visual resources to check these things out.
      Guy

Comment

• grosenbrook
        • May 2009

Guy,
        Very interesting! I liked reading about the Favre Thanksgiving Throwback jersey. Do you have that Favre gamer or did you ever have it?

Gerald

Comment

• Gillymo
          • Jan 2009

Thanks again.....So what do you guys think the story is behind this jersey?

The tagging looks ok and the customizations look ok for a Hawk jersey.
          Of course I am not even close to being an expert.

Comment

• NYCrulesU
            Banned
            • Jul 2009

I'm curious to know what the story is with this jersey as well. Looks good to me. Certainly not a match to the photos the seller provided, but definitely looks like a Hawk game used to me.

Comment

• gwh11
              • Aug 2005

I just published a post to attempt to further elaborate my argument:

I looked very closely at video at the only games where Hawk wore a road jersey with the NFL Equipment shield located on the usual spot on the collar. The wear & location of the nameplate differs from what the eBay jersey shows. There was also a difference in where the front transverse horizontal seam runs into the right and left sleeve striping, but I couldn't get adequate screen captures to illustrate that point.

Guy

Comment

• ivo610
                • Dec 2009

How do you feel about the Reggie White that has been listed for awhile?
                Ryan

NFL game used collector

Comment

• gwh11
                  • Aug 2005

The '95 White? That was never worn in a game. Period.
                  Guy

Comment

Working...