PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Gary Sheffield Jersey

schubert1970
01-23-2010, 02:42 PM
I might catch a bunch of crap for this,but I'm a huge Sheff fan, especially since I watched him play a bunch of minor league games in Stockton.

I was at Yankee stadium in May of '06 for my honeymoon and was lucky to see Sheff play in the game I attended. Long story short...I've been looking for a Sheff jersey from that time period.

I noticed this Sheff jersey on ebay last week was from April of '06 with MLB and Steiner authentication. The description was on ebay mentioed this jersey was used when hitting his 3rd home run of the season.

After looking at Getty images, I found this jersey was used for the opening 3 games of the '06 season and he hit his second homer of the season with this same jersey. So I guess I got an extra home run out of this.

Although the jersey isn't from the exact time period I've been searching for, it's close enough. Getty has a bunch of sweet photomatches.

Bill

gucollector
01-23-2010, 02:44 PM
Not a huge Sheffield fan but thats a GREAT looking jersey, congrats on the pick up!

suave1477
01-24-2010, 10:35 PM
Schubert GREAT JERSEY!!!

I was actually at Game 2 of the opening Series and have a game used ball from that game signed by Sheffield and the ticket.

Would you be willing to sell the Jersey?

Manram
01-24-2010, 10:56 PM
Great jersey

schubert1970
01-24-2010, 11:53 PM
Schubert GREAT JERSEY!!!

I was actually at Game 2 of the opening Series and have a game used ball from that game signed by Sheffield and the ticket.

Would you be willing to sell the Jersey?

I'm going to keep the jersey, but would you sell the ball and ticket?
:o

suave1477
01-25-2010, 09:00 AM
Unfortunately I cannot sell those.

But if you ever decide too, let me know im here!!:)