PDA

View Full Version : Mets 99-01 ST Jerseys tagged?

Swoboda4
01-25-2010, 10:16 AM
Does anyone know if the Mets 1999-2000 Spring training majestic jerseys (light weight non-piping) carried the same tagging as regular season jerseys did. Or did they appear identical to store bought,with just a main label and one small size tag ? Was there anything that made them different from what was available to the public?

TNTtoys
01-25-2010, 11:07 AM
Does anyone know if the Mets 1999-2000 Spring training majestic jerseys (light weight non-piping) carried the same tagging as regular season jerseys did. Or did they appear identical to store bought,with just a main label and one small size tag ? Was there anything that made them different from what was available to the public?

Robert,

I believe that there are many differences between the Majestic retail BPs and team issued BPs.

The BPs had different sizes (numerical for the team, letter sizes like S/M/L for the retail public)
Different tagging (I believe a numerical size flag tag was on the team issued jerseys as well)
Different weight (micromesh for the team, mesh for the public... I don't believe micromesh was ever available for retail sale)
Different wash code usedI am also not sure you can combine 99 with 2000 or 2001 (this would depend upon home or road BP). I believe the 95-99 were of the same style, whereas the 2000-2002 were a different style.

Send me photos of your BP and I can help further. I have examples of all of them.

Nick