PDA

View Full Version : Winning An Item From American Memorabilia?

Sonny25
01-26-2010, 03:53 PM
I've heard all the horror stories concerning consignments & American Memorabilia, but was wondering if they are as shady when it comes to sending out items won?

Unfortunately there's an item I'm interested in & am a little hesitant to even place a bid.

shoremen44
01-26-2010, 04:21 PM
I think they are ok about sending items out... an they are definately good at collecting money...

they just never... ever... ever... pay the consignors

scottanservitz
01-26-2010, 07:40 PM
Yes, bought from one time and it went actually very well. Got the item in less than a week.

Ozric
01-26-2010, 07:49 PM
I have bought several items from them and have never had any issues. On a side note though, hasn't anyone else noticed that a prominent NFL jersey collector and forum member has been selling off quite a few of his jerseys through them over the past few auctions. I know he has not posted on here for quite some time now, but they must be paying him as he keeps consigning items from what I have seen in the past few auctions.

schubert1970
01-26-2010, 09:35 PM
I have bought several items from them and have never had any issues. On a side note though, hasn't anyone else noticed that a prominent NFL jersey collector and forum member has been selling off quite a few of his jerseys through them over the past few auctions. I know he has not posted on here for quite some time now, but they must be paying him as he keeps consigning items from what I have seen in the past few auctions.

Nice observation

hiflyer56
01-26-2010, 11:02 PM
He is an authorized dealer so the winner pays right to him...

legaleagle92481
01-27-2010, 12:33 AM
Well to hold onto the item they have to keep storing them and that does not benefit them in anyway so they are probably eager to ship them. They hold onto the money because they can use it for bills, invest it etc. they cannot do that with the items.

ironmanfan
01-27-2010, 09:02 AM
Well to hold onto the item they have to keep storing them and that does not benefit them in anyway so they are probably eager to ship them. They hold onto the money because they can use it for bills, invest it etc. they cannot do that with the items.

probably the majority of the items they are now selling are never even in their possession......

legaleagle92481
01-28-2010, 12:22 AM
probably the majority of the items they are now selling are never even in their possession......

Really? I have never purchased from them. They make sellers ship their own items?

hiflyer56
01-28-2010, 01:08 AM
if you are an authorized dealer yes.

sammy
01-28-2010, 04:50 AM
Personally, I would never do business with these crooks.

Anyone that still does, just condones their low-life business morals and practices.

If you are new to this site, just do a search on these people.

legaleagle92481
01-28-2010, 10:55 AM
Personally, I would never do business with these crooks.

Anyone that still does, just condones their low-life business morals and practices.

If you are new to this site, just do a search on these people.

Yeah I agree. I do not even look at their auctions similar to Coaches Corner, that is why I knew nothing about the authorized dealer thing. It is annoying how some people give our hobby such a bad name yet they never seem to go away. I mean you consign to an auction house you deserve to get paid promptly without their cosignors they would be out of business.

Neal
01-28-2010, 11:44 AM
I bought two items from them, and both arrived safe and sound - no worries. One of them was a game used Utley bat that I think I got a good deal on. It was authenticated by Taube a few months ago.

There may be some good deals in their auctions based on reputation. I would not worry about receiving the item however.

Toowon
01-28-2010, 08:49 PM
I love AM. I'm a Pittsburgher, and so is Victor, so there's always great Pittsburgh memorabilia on there. Like any site, you have to do your homework on items. You guys know this. I've bought many items and they arrive right away. I bought something from Grey Flannel, which seems to think they are the top dog, and it didn't arrive with the paperwork/letter of opinion. When I contacted them, they sent me a blank piece of letterhead, wrinkled, with some of the words, including "opinion" spelled wrong. Would you want that? Terrible.

sammy
01-29-2010, 04:45 AM
I don't think people have much of a problem with AMI's shipping.

What ALOT of people have a problem with is the basic fact Victor and Kieta are low life, scamming thieves who steal the money that is due consignors.

AMI empties their bank accounts and plays shell games to prevent these consignors from getting any of the money Victor and Keita have stolen.