PDA

View Full Version : Giambi GU Pickup!!!!

xpress34
01-27-2010, 08:20 AM
Since the Rox locked up the G-Man for another season, I decided to pull the trigger and pick up this GU uniform of his:

http://i.ebayimg.com/05/%21Bfg,GvwCGk%7E$%28KGrHqMH-DUErgktBg7sBLBiCMhcKg%7E%7E_3.JPG

I've already looked at pics on line and based on the pinstripe placement through the 23 and how the CR crest sits clean between the pinstripes I am pretty sure that this is THE jersey that Jason got his 1st hit with the Rockies in on Sept 3, 2009:

http://media.nj.com/star-ledger/photo/b491df678ab9248348b58784e879e77c_custom_665xauto.j pg

Also, based on the fact that Jason was only here for a month, good chance he only had ONE of each type of Rockies jersey.

Any thoughts?

- Chris

xpress34
01-27-2010, 08:22 AM
Forgot to put in the pic of the front of the jersey!!!

http://i.ebayimg.com/09/%21Bfg,M+%21B2k%7E$%28KGrHqUH-DMEr%29jg4zkyBLBiC2l4yQ%7E%7E_3.JPG

chakes89
01-27-2010, 08:37 AM
Nice Jersey

OaklandAsFan
01-27-2010, 10:12 AM
I am good friends with some extended family of Giambi and supposedly he was signed with the intension of having him do some back up at 3b this season. He is also supposedly already down in Tucson getting in extra fielding work. I'm just glad to see him keep playing, always been a huge fan of his since his days in Oakland.

Manram
01-27-2010, 10:31 AM
Nice jersey, and it looks like a photomatch to me.

2000mvpfan
01-27-2010, 10:40 AM
Chris-
Great pickup.I was gonna grab that uni when it first hit ebay..but it was either $500 for the uniform or $500 on X-mas gifts for the family..the damn family won out.
I've got the batting helmet he wore for the month of September-photomatched on MLBTV-,a g/u Rox fleece,and cage jacket.Interestingly enough,I tried to photomatch the helmet to the playoffs,but outside of a photo of BP in Philly which appears to show him using it,it looks like he may have used a new one for the actual NLDS games-not sure if he did with the unis also.
Anyhow,good score,and thanks to you I was at least able to get on the waiting list for more of his stuff from the Rox themselves,so we'll see.

Take care,
Joe

stretch
01-27-2010, 11:30 AM
Excellent addition to any collection. As a Giambi fan I wish him the best and just thankful he has the opportunity to play another season.

xpress34
01-27-2010, 06:30 PM
Chris-
Great pickup.I was gonna grab that uni when it first hit ebay..but it was either $500 for the uniform or $500 on X-mas gifts for the family..the damn family won out.
I've got the batting helmet he wore for the month of September-photomatched on MLBTV-,a g/u Rox fleece,and cage jacket.Interestingly enough,I tried to photomatch the helmet to the playoffs,but outside of a photo of BP in Philly which appears to show him using it,it looks like he may have used a new one for the actual NLDS games-not sure if he did with the unis also.
Anyhow,good score,and thanks to you I was at least able to get on the waiting list for more of his stuff from the Rox themselves,so we'll see.

Take care,
Joe

Joe -

I sent you a PM and included my eMail in it.

Check it out and let me know your thoughts...

- Chris

jobathenut
01-27-2010, 09:40 PM
XPRESS34-That is a great uniform.Man between you and 2000mvpfan i am really jealous of these great giambi items you guys have.That was very nice of him(2000mvpfan) to let you have this-just kidding.I really thought he was going to buy it when i first heard it was on ebay.But anyway,i just wanted to say congratulations on the great pick up here.:)

xpress34
01-27-2010, 09:55 PM
XPRESS34-That is a great uniform.Man between you and 2000mvpfan i am really jealous of these great giambi items you guys have.That was very nice of him(2000mvpfan) to let you have this-just kidding.I really thought he was going to buy it when i first heard it was on ebay.But anyway,i just wanted to say congratulations on the great pick up here.:)

Joba (& all the others) -

Thanks for the kind comments. I sent Joe a PM with my eMail. I know he's a big Giambi fan, but I want to se if he would part with the batting helmet, and here's why:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/scan0005.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/scan0006.jpg

Does the picture on the cards look familiar???

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_nMLR3Feb9RM/Sp9gsc4_RUI/AAAAAAAADEY/j2vP-9dDp1w/s400/ColoradoRockiesPinchGiambi8th2runsMetsDenver90209a p.jpg

And since the helmet is probably his only 2009 Regular Season Rox helmet, it is probably the helmet in the picture... just like the jersey is the jersey from this picture... which also happens to have been Giambis 1st HIT as a Rockie (Sept 3, 2009) against the Mets and it broke a tie and the Rockies won...

- Chris

xpress34
01-27-2010, 09:58 PM

Forgot to add... when it didn't sell on the 'Bay, I contacted the seller... I've bought stuff from him before over the years... he's out in Grand Junction (about 4 hours West of me) across the Rockies - the Mountains that is!!! :eek::D

jobathenut
01-27-2010, 10:12 PM
xpress34-I thought you bought it on greedbay.So it did'nt sell on there? Well hope you got a good price on it as i know he wanted $500 for it on there.The helmet 2000mvpfan is great but i also like your uniform.But then i like all of 2000mvpfan's collection.As i like anything of giambi's.That card looks to be the same picture and as you said probelry the batting helmet he has.As i am assumming he only used one helmet last season.Very happy to hear the rockies resigned him.I was thinking he might sign with the tiwns.As they were looking for a home run hitter.But went with thome instead.Which is good in a way as i would have had to buy season tickets if he was a twin.

2000mvpfan
01-27-2010, 10:59 PM
Hi Chris-
Unfortunately,I'm gonna have to pass on getting rid of the helmet.I've been incredibly lucky,in going after Giambi's stuff,to be able to acquire 3 of his helmets (home/road A's,and this Rockies one).It's hard enough to find a helmet of a player you collect,but to find 3...like I said,I've been lucky.Add to that that it can absolutely nailed down to being used in September-not only that hit against NY,but photomatched to his 2 HR's as a Rockie and possibly into the playoffs,it's kind of one of the gems of my Giambi collection.Thanks for the interest,and hope you can understand.

take care,
Joe

xpress34
01-27-2010, 11:09 PM
Hi Chris-
Unfortunately,I'm gonna have to pass on getting rid of the helmet.I've been incredibly lucky,in going after Giambi's stuff,to be able to acquire 3 of his helmets (home/road A's,and this Rockies one).It's hard enough to find a helmet of a player you collect,but to find 3...like I said,I've been lucky.Add to that that it can absolutely nailed down to being used in September-not only that hit against NY,but photomatched to his 2 HR's as a Rockie and possibly into the playoffs,it's kind of one of the gems of my Giambi collection.Thanks for the interest,and hope you can understand.

take care,
Joe

Joe -

Understood. But I'll make you a deal right now - IF you EVER think about moving it, I would like to claim 'Right of First Refusal' and I'll do the same for you on the uniform. It would be cool to have them reunited some day!

All the best -

Chris

2000mvpfan
01-27-2010, 11:22 PM
Chris-
Sounds good to me.Here's to finding some more of his Rox gear this year!

Joe

xpress34
01-27-2010, 11:30 PM
Best of luck to you... and me!!!

I'm really stoked about owning a uni that is Photomatched to a CARD!!!

Great thin g about pinstripe unis... easy to match to specific pics...

When I see G-Man at ST to get the jersey and pants signed, I'm going to ask about the possibility of a bat and some gloves to display with them...

All the best -

Chris

2000mvpfan
01-27-2010, 11:39 PM
You shouldn't have any problems getting that uni signed-Giambi is a great signer.
And if it's at all possible,if you see any of his gear (hats,jerseys,locker plates-whatever) out there once the season starts,and it's something you have no interest in,could you let me know?I'm at a slight disadvantage being about 2200 miles away LOL!!

Take care,
Joe

Instanton
01-28-2010, 02:44 AM
Congratulations Chris. Saw it on the bay, the minute it was live. Glad you were able to pick it up. Here's to great Rockies season, in '10!

Instanton
01-28-2010, 02:56 AM
Helton17's a great seller. Like you; I too have purchased quite a bit of Rox memorabilia from him in the past. I accredit a fine portion of my Rockies prospect jerseys to him. Glad you were able to get a deal off 'Bay.

OaklandAsFan
01-28-2010, 09:46 AM
Best of luck to you... and me!!!

I'm really stoked about owning a uni that is Photomatched to a CARD!!!

Great thin g about pinstripe unis... easy to match to specific pics...

When I see G-Man at ST to get the jersey and pants signed, I'm going to ask about the possibility of a bat and some gloves to display with them...

All the best -

Chris

Jason is pretty cool about GU equipment so I wouldn't forsee a problem getting a bat or gloves out of him during ST.