PDA

View Full Version : manny glove

momen55
01-28-2010, 02:18 PM
did manny ramirez ever use an akadema glove in red/blue with silver/gray lacing?:confused:

mwbosoxfan
01-28-2010, 05:39 PM
did manny ramirez ever use an akadema glove in red/blue with silver/gray lacing?:confused:

Like this one? I took this in 2006 at Fenway.

momen55
01-29-2010, 10:45 AM
thanks. great pic.
there is a guy where i live that has one, but is 11". i asked him about it and he told me it was a kid's glove. do kids gloves or retail gloves have the player's name and number embroidered on? i have never seen a retail glove like that.

mwbosoxfan
01-29-2010, 11:16 AM
thanks. great pic.
there is a guy where i live that has one, but is 11". i asked him about it and he told me it was a kid's glove. do kids gloves or retail gloves have the player's name and number embroidered on? i have never seen a retail glove like that.

Check out GameUsedBat.com under game used misc. They have a game used Manny glove listed there. It shows his name and number.

http://www.gameusedbat.com/?q=node/128

I really don't know anything about game used gloves, so hopefully someone else can shed some light on the subject. However, I do know there has been some previous discussion about gloves with player's names on them being sold on the market, some as game issued and some made to look game used. Also, an 11" glove for outfielder seems highly unlikely. I hope someone will chime in that can give you some real answers.

John