PDA

View Full Version : Everyone I Got It!!! My Unicorn Jersey!!

suave1477
06-23-2006, 01:01 PM
Hello everyone, I thought I would take the time out to announce becuz I am so excited I obtained my unicorn Jersey.

Definition - Unicorn Game Used item - An item that seems would be impossible to acquire, out of reach. To rare or expensive to get your hands on.

I just bought my Game Used 1994 Darryl Strawberry San Francisco Giants Jersey w/ 125th Anniverdsary Patch

I am super excited bcuz this is the one Jersey I thought I would never be able to get!!!!

mr.miracle
06-23-2006, 01:14 PM
Congratualations Suave. That is awsome when you are able to pick up an elusive piece that you thought you would never get. I personally am waiting to get Cal Ripken's rookie home uniform but I am also waiting to win the lottery which I probably have a better chance of doing than being able to afford that uniform. :D

suave1477
06-23-2006, 01:33 PM
Mr Miracle thank you I felt the same way about the Strawberry Jersey. You have to realize Strawberry was with the Giants for half of a season and he was on the DL most of the time. He only played in 29 games with them. So getting something Game Used especially a Jersey from that period of time is nearly impossible.

So to me, this is my Cal Ripken lol lol

indyred
06-24-2006, 03:16 PM
I always liked Strawberry and didn't even know he played in SF. The 125th patch is a nice looking. Is it home or road? Great pick up Suave1477. I remember when I lived in Minnesota he came to the St. Paul Saints in the 90's. I'm not sure if he played much there or not.

suave1477
06-24-2006, 09:19 PM
IndyRed - the jersey is a Road Jersey, yeah Iknow he played or the St. Paul Saints I always have my eye out for items from when he played with them but havent seen anything yet.

jboosted92
06-25-2006, 09:43 AM
I like the Unicorn Theory. I got a Unicorn Bat last year, that figured it would take years to get, or I would have to come across a good deal....I got the good deal. Congrats! Good feeling, eh?

metsbats
06-25-2006, 10:53 AM
Eric,

Perhaps you can create a sticky thread on unicorn items. It's seems that there a lot of collectors who have there "unicorn items" or "holy grail items" as I'd like to call it that they need to complete their life long collections. I myself found 2 game used bats this yearthat I'd thought I'd never find during my lifetime and both from the same dealer during the same month!

What do you think?

-David

cjmedina1
06-25-2006, 12:20 PM
I'm glad you found your unicorn.I'm still looking for mine.
Mine is a real legit 98 sign gamer of Mcgwire.I all ready own a few rare items of Mcgwire just looking for this last piece.

Swoboda4
06-25-2006, 07:29 PM
CONGRATULATIONS Were you able to photo ID it the way we spoke of in the past? AND Where did you get it already?

suave1477
06-25-2006, 09:53 PM
Cjmedina Thank you!!

Swoboda Thank you!! Unfortunately Swoboda I would love to photo id this Jersey especially since it would be really simple bcuz he only played in a few games wearing it. Heres the problem though there are no pictures of Strawberry wearing the away jersey or at least none I can find. I checked Getty and the had about 4 pictures of him and he is wearing the Home Jersey. I checked Corbis and they dont have any of him with the Giants. I even googled for photos of him with the Giants and no luck. If you know of somewhere to go let me know?

I got it from a winner of an old auction who also is a member here and I appreciate him helping me out.
Thank you!!!

Swoboda4
06-26-2006, 07:54 PM
You know I keep forgeting the obvious. These games have been taped why settle for a photo. And a donation to the charity of choice for whatever team(Tampa Bay -Rays of Hope,Mets -make a Wish Foundation,MLB-Colon Cancer,etc,will probably get you some games(Strawberry played away)on tape.