PDA

View Full Version : Collector to Collector Classifieds

ChrisCavalier
02-02-2010, 01:12 PM
There appears to have been some issues on the Collector to Collector Classfieds regarding member postings. When we created this section we mentioned that we were doing it as a service to members and that it was intended to allow collectors to offer items and that we hoped members could use this privilege wisely without the need for moderating, etc. We also included a user agreement to make this clear to members.

It seems there have now been issues with postings in that area. Unfortunately, I will now need to ask that people please refrain from any comments about members who posted in that area and that anyone wishing to post there please read the user agreement that can be found here:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=18001

We will also be looking at a few things to help prevent any further similar issues from taking place and will touch base with members on this soon. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Jays1fan
02-02-2010, 01:59 PM
Will there be Rules against people posting CRAP on other peoples threads?

CampWest
02-02-2010, 02:08 PM
I just need to say that the views of certain forum members do not represent the views and opinions of all forum members.

Personally, I would like to thank the site hosts for making the Classifieds available to the forum. And I appreciate the efforts to make it better and more consistent with the terms of usage.

Thank you.

legaleagle92481
02-02-2010, 02:19 PM
I just need to say that the views of certain forum members do not represent the views and opinions of all forum members.

Personally, I would like to thank the site hosts for making the Classifieds available to the forum. And I appreciate the efforts to make it better and more consistent with the terms of usage.

Thank you.

I concur. It is great of them to have the classifieds.

momen55
02-02-2010, 02:25 PM
unbelievable that grown folk have to be told how to act. this is an informative and educational forum, not a kindergarten class.

NYCrulesU
02-02-2010, 02:27 PM
Free classifieds are great and appreciated by all. Everything runs smoothly provided no one member is permitted to abuse the freedoms provided.

A little common courtesy goes a long way.

momen55
02-02-2010, 02:30 PM
and yes. thank you all for this for sale section in this forum. stuff like this is what causes privilages to get taken away. and if the ctcc get removed, i doubt they will be put back. so lets protect what we have and treat it nicely. :)

TNTtoys
02-02-2010, 02:31 PM
unbelievable that grown folk have to be told how to act. this is an informative and educational forum, not a kindergarten class.

I agree with this statement completely.

There are many reasons why some of the more informed members are no longer frequenting this site and/or posting here. This is one of them.

I have been watching from a distance and have my own opinions about the matter (which I will refrain from getting into out of my respect for Chris' wishes on this thread). It certainly did not have to come down to this.

sox83cubs84
02-02-2010, 02:32 PM
Chris:

I was about to contact you regarding this...I'm glad you've intervened. It was getting so Scott's postings were drawing my attention not because of what he posted or his frequency of posting, but to see when the next war of words would develop..kinda like staring at an auto accident.

As long as no rules are being broken, I have no problem with Scott's posts. If I decide not to buy anything, I just hit another post with something I do have interest in. If the items aren't particularly valuable or rare, who cares? Not everyone one in the hobby collects high-end items. And the name-calling, on both sides, was getting a bit old.

Agreeing to disagree about the value of Scott's sale posts is one thing...sniping in the manner that has been going on is quite another.
Thanks, Chris, for making policies more clear.

Dave M.
Chicago area

dcgreg25
02-02-2010, 02:57 PM
Chris, thanks for stepping in on this. I appreciate the classifieds and am happy to offer any insight or assistance you may need.

joelsabi
02-02-2010, 02:57 PM
I agree with this statement completely.

There are many reasons why some of the more informed members are no longer frequenting this site and/or posting here. This is one of them.

i have to agree on this. the amount of bickering among adults on this site is unbelievable and unnecessary.

transam9572
02-02-2010, 03:19 PM

I agree with this. Seems like a few get to run lose , cause trouble and start fights. Yet the people in charge do nothing to them.

NYCrulesU
02-02-2010, 03:32 PM

I wouldn't complain if I were you. Not sure how you're even still here after telling me to go F myself several times.

transam9572
02-02-2010, 03:36 PM
I wouldn't complain if I were you. Not sure how you're even still here after telling me to go F myself several times.

Pardon ? Dont know what you are talking about. But I can see by your post that you must be 1 of the people he was talking about.
Do you always accuse people without knowing ? Wow.

transam9572
02-02-2010, 03:44 PM
Chris:

I was about to contact you regarding this...I'm glad you've intervened. It was getting so Scott's postings were drawing my attention not because of what he posted or his frequency of posting, but to see when the next war of words would develop..kinda like staring at an auto accident.

As long as no rules are being broken, I have no problem with Scott's posts. If I decide not to buy anything, I just hit another post with something I do have interest in. If the items aren't particularly valuable or rare, who cares? Not everyone one in the hobby collects high-end items. And the name-calling, on both sides, was getting a bit old.

Agreeing to disagree about the value of Scott's sale posts is one thing...sniping in the manner that has been going on is quite another.

Dave M.
Chicago area

Is Scott ( The guy you are referring to ) also Jays1fan ?
I just noticed Jays1fan is Banned.
I know I am new here and all , but if he didnt break any rules , why the ban? I just got attacked from some guy who doesnt even know me.
I hate to see whats next.

Danny899
02-02-2010, 03:56 PM

That's a great point. Resorts to profanity because members don't appreciate his antics. Momem55 you are right about your assessment of a kindergarten class. The posts made by members toward him were not inflamatory at all. They were merely an attempt for him to be courteous of others who wish to use the C/C forum and inhabit the top of the page themselves for awhile. A little common courtesy goes a long way. Others may disagree with this and their opinions are respected here. But their disageements should not be met by individuals telling them to go @#$% themselves or referring to them as, "crap"as documented here. Lastly, I apologize to the moderators and others for moving this to the top again. JaysFan said he was leaving the forum anyway so if that is actually true, whether by his choice or the moderator's for profanity and personal attacks, then it should just die.

Danny899
02-02-2010, 04:06 PM
I know I am new here and all , but if he didnt break any rules , why the ban? I just got attacked from some guy who doesnt even know me.

Transam9572, I don't think NYCrulsU is referring to you. He was responding to another's posting. Anyway welcome to the forum. Contrary to what you've seen in the short time you've been a member here, this is really a great resource center for information regarding the collecting of gamers. I know that first impressions are lasting impressions but this site is really a valuable and enjoyable forum. You will see for yourself soon. Enjoy!

eisenreich8
02-02-2010, 04:13 PM

Forum Rule #9:

No Multiple Identities. Registering multiple user names and posting under all of them as different people will not be tolerated. Anyone caught doing this will face being banned.transam9572 and Jays1fan are the same person. Right, Scott?

This should nip this nonsense in the bud.

I gotta throw a flag on this one.

xpress34
02-02-2010, 04:14 PM
I'm sorry, but am I the ONLY one who noticed that the 'new' member (who joined TODAY by the way) took offense to what NYC said in reference to JaysFan post??? But took the defensive stance like NYC's comment was pointed at HIM (TransAm that is).

Pardon ? Dont know what you are talking about. But I can see by your post that you must be 1 of the people he was talking about.
Do you always accuse people without knowing ? Wow.

And then he asks this 'rhetorical' question:

Is Scott ( The guy you are referring to ) also Jays1fan ? I just noticed Jays1fan is Banned. I know I am new here and all , but if he didnt break any rules , why the ban? I just got attacked from some guy who doesnt even know me. I hate to see whats next.

I don't think TA is necessarily new... maybe just recycled...

Jays Fan - BDay on profile Jan 1, 1980 (30 yo) - BANNED today
TA = BDay on profile Jan 1, 1980 (30 yo) - NEW today

Hmmmm.... and for being NEW, he sure is defensive about a member he apparently doesn't know (see 'rhetorical' question quote above)...

Semms kind of odd to me... maybe mods should check some IP addresses...

Just my .02

- Chris

transam9572
02-02-2010, 04:16 PM
Transam9572, I don't think NYCrulsU is referring to you. He was responding to another's posting. Anyway welcome to the forum. Contrary to what you've seen in the short time you've been a member here, this is really a great resource center for information regarding the collecting of gamers. I know that first impressions are lasting impressions but this site is really a valuable and enjoyable forum. You will see for yourself soon. Enjoy!

Danny899 ,
thank you for the welcome.
I dont think you read NYC's comment. He thought I was the Jays guy and flew off the handle.
And your first comment towards him was that you agreed ?
Now I dont know why the Jays guy left or wanted to leave , but if it was from personal attacks by other members and the people in charge here did nothing to them, than that is not right.
just my 2 cents

xpress34
02-02-2010, 04:16 PM
Forum Rule #9:
No Multiple Identities. Registering multiple user names and posting under all of them as different people will not be tolerated. Anyone caught doing this will face being banned.transam9572 and Jays1fan are the same person. Right, Scott?

Eisenreich -

You must have been posting while I was cutting and pasting quotes!!!

+1 on the Flag...:cool:

- Chris

joelsabi
02-02-2010, 04:17 PM
I'm sorry, but am I the ONLY one who noticed that the 'new' member (who joined TODAY by the way) took offense to what NYC said in reference to JaysFan post??? But took the defensive stance like NYC's comment was pointed at HIM (TransAm that is).

Hmmmm.... and for being NEW, he sure is defensive about a member he apparently doesn't know (see 'rhetorical' question quote above)...

Just my .02

- Chris

1/1/80 is many peoples birthday here. its the default if not modified. it mine too.

ironmanfan
02-02-2010, 04:17 PM

Just my .02

- Chris

Everyone's birthday is January 1, 1980 on this board

transam9572
02-02-2010, 04:18 PM
Forum Rule #9:

My Name is Doug not scott.

eisenreich8
02-02-2010, 04:21 PM
Eisenreich -

You must have been posting while I was cutting and pasting quotes!!!

+1 on the Flag...:cool:

- Chris

Yes Chris, I'm no Columbo, but something smells here!

Danny899
Forum Rule #9:

Boy, if that's the case he sure fooled me!:confused:

transam9572
Wow , so much negativity. is this some sort of joke ?
I guess one can not voice there own opinons here.

eisenreich8
02-02-2010, 04:24 PM
My Name is Doug not scott.

Please, please stop posting. I already contacted Chris Cavalier, I have had enough of this doodoo, and you're only fooling yourself. I actually had some sympathy for you before you just assumed a duplicate identity, violating Rule #9, but I have said enough, and when Chris sees my report, I am confident he will act accordingly.

Please take 5 and go do something else.

transam9572
02-02-2010, 04:25 PM

Just my .02

- Chris

Chris ,
Let me ask you a question. Would you sit by and say nothing if you were wrongfully accused ? and where do I change my bday ?

NYCrulesU
02-02-2010, 04:27 PM

Transam,

Please re-read before getting all worked up. I never said anything to you. In my post I quoted Jays1fan. My comment was directed towards him, as he was the one who cursed me out. I'm sorry that you misunderstood. Nowhere did I say anything to you.

Welcome to the forum btw.

xpress34
02-02-2010, 04:28 PM
1/1/80 is many peoples birthday here. its the default if not modified. it mine too.

Joel -

My bad on the B-Day... mine is my B-Day. Maybe I just presumed (never assume!) that other's filled out their profiles too... didn't know it had a default B-Day.

Anyway, still thinking one in the same - and wondering how 'Doug' thinks NYC's post was directed at him when NYC quoted Jays1Fan post - NOT TransAm's post???

As I said before, for a newbie - seems pretty defensive of a boardie he claims NOT to know - and the other thing that throws up a red flag for me is this:

HOW does he know that Jay1Fan didn't break any forum rules or not if he's new unless he is either:

A) one in the same with Jays1Fan
B) friends with Jays1Fan who built a new account on different IP

Just way too many things don't fit for an old Loss prevention / Risk Management guy like myself...

Again, my .02

- Chris

transam9572
02-02-2010, 04:30 PM
Transam,

Please re-read before getting all worked up. I never said anything to you. In my post I quoted Jays1fan. My comment was directed towards him, as he was the one who cursed me out. I'm sorry that you misunderstood. Nowhere did I say anything to you.

Welcome to the forum btw.

My Mistake !!!!
Sorry , I just re-read it and saw the Jaysfan in my quotes and thought you were talking to ME since I was the next post.
And to all the other guys here , no I am not Jaysfan.

joelsabi
02-02-2010, 04:31 PM
Joel -

My bad on the B-Day... mine is my B-Day. Maybe I just presumed (never assume!) that other's filled out their profiles too... didn't know it had a default B-Day.

Anyway, still thinking one in the same - and wondering how 'Doug' thinks NYC's post was directed at him when NYC quoted Jays1Fan post - NOT TransAm's post???

As I said before, for a newbie - seems pretty defensive of a boardie he claims NOT to know - and the other thing that throws up a red flag for me is this:

HOW does he know that Jay1Fan didn't break any forum rules or not if he's new unless he is either:

Just way too many things don't fit for an old Loss prevention / Risk Management guy like myself...

Again, my .02

- Chris

chris,

my antenna is up too buddy,

if i was new, i could care less about the shinanigans dictating my first post.

my 2 cents.

eisenreich8
02-02-2010, 04:32 PM
My Mistake !!!!
Sorry , I just re-read it and saw the Jaysfan in my quotes and thought you were talking to ME since I was the next post.
And to all the other guys here , no I am not Jaysfan.

Read my previous posts. You are Jaysfan1, if you need me to prove it I will. I think the other members will agree with my proof.

NYCrulesU
02-02-2010, 04:32 PM
Joel -

Again, my .02

- Chris

I agree 100% but would rather not make any accusations, yet.

transam9572
02-02-2010, 04:36 PM
Read my previous posts. You are Jaysfan1, if you need me to prove it I will. I think the other members will agree with my proof.

I reread your previous posts as you said to do. But you are still wrong about me being jaysfan1 and YES , I would like for you to PROVE that.
I already said I was sorry for mis-reading NYC's post. I thought it was at ME. Now , I expect an appology after you do not prove it.

ndevlin
02-02-2010, 04:37 PM
Bottom line is.......

This wouldnt be in issue if people wouldnt have posted comments on his for sale thread.

As far as multiple identities....no idea and I dont care. But I do know that a lot of you egged Scott on by posting comments in one of his classified ads.

I couldve cared less if he bumped his thread every week. The man is trying to get some extra cash, it happens. If you want your item at the top, bump it up.

Its not like Im seeing Rose or Mantle bats for sale anyways. We are talking about $10-$60 items. Let it all go and move on.

This is a pretty good reason why I dont post on here anymore, but again, I thought I would give my 2 cents on the matter....

xpress34
02-02-2010, 04:38 PM
Chris ,
Let me ask you a question. Would you sit by and say nothing if you were wrongfully accused ? and where do I change my bday ?

TA (aka Doug) -

If you prove you were wrongfully accused, I will make a Public Apology on the forum to you...

But do you see the pattern you have taken? Maybe just bad timing, but:

1) Jays1Fan gets Banned 2/2/10
2) TransAm becomes new member 2/2/10
3) Your FIRST post is in the thread that got Jays1Fan banned (this is date and time stamped, so this is not theoretical)
4) You take offense to a statement aimed a member you claim not to know
5) You ask how this member was banned if he didn't break the rules (how do you know he didn't break the rules)

Unless you are one in the same or you are a friend/family member, it doesn't add up...

Prove me wrong and win an apology... not being argumentative - just laying out the facts and the timeline...

- Chris

transam9572
02-02-2010, 04:45 PM
TA (aka Doug) -

If you prove you were wrongfully accused, I will make a Public Apology on the forum to you...

But do you see the pattern you have taken? Maybe just bad timing, but:

1) Jays1Fan gets Banned 2/2/10
2) TransAm becomes new member 2/2/10
3) Your FIRST post is in the thread that got Jays1Fan banned (this is date and time stamped, so this is not theoretical)
4) You take offense to a statement aimed a member you claim not to know
5) You ask how this member was banned if he didn't break the rules (how do you know he didn't break the rules)

Unless you are one in the same or you are a friend/family member, it doesn't add up...

Prove me wrong and win an apology... not being argumentative - just laying out the facts and the timeline...

- Chris

Chris ,
You and a few others are going to owe me a BIG Apology.
1) + 2) .. Same Day , so is that my fault ?
3) The post you are refering to is THIS one. It does NOT mention Jays being banned.
4) I already Explained that AND said I was sorry to NYC. What more do you want ?
5) MOST importantly .. I was refering to what SOX83 Said.
Prove you wrong ? Who are you Roger Clemens ?
I never through shots at you , you did to me remember ?

LastingsMilledge85
02-02-2010, 04:46 PM
And the nonsense continues...this is none of my business and I'm done with posting anything in this thread, but it just gets so rediculous. There never should have been a piece of jewelry that had NOTHING to do with GU memorabilia what so ever posted in the classifieds. Just wanted to get that out, and I'm just going to watch.

NYCrulesU
02-02-2010, 04:46 PM
Bottom line is.......

This wouldnt be in issue if people wouldnt have posted comments on his for sale thread.

As far as multiple identities....no idea and I dont care. But I do know that a lot of you egged Scott on by posting comments in one of his classified ads.

I couldve cared less if he bumped his thread every week. The man is trying to get some extra cash, it happens. If you want your item at the top, bump it up.

Its not like Im seeing Rose or Mantle bats for sale anyways. We are talking about $10-$60 items. Let it all go and move on.

This is a pretty good reason why I dont post on here anymore, but again, I thought I would give my 2 cents on the matter....

While I appreciate your opinion (there's my PC'ness for the day) you are absolutely incorrect. This would not have been an issue had Scott/Jays1fan used a little common courtesy in bumping his many, many posts in which he relisted the same items over and over. Also, had he kept his listings to 'game used' items and not five and dime earings and necklaces we would not be here either.

I myself am a low end collector. I collect on a very meager budget. I would never begrudge anyone for collecting inexpensive items. This was never really an issue of dollar amount. But Scott cleary circumvented the rules any which way he could. Had he used a little self control he wouldn't have become such a nuisance.

transam9572
02-02-2010, 04:52 PM
Chris:

Dave M.
Chicago area

Chris ,
This is what I was referring to. Just so you know.

ballhawknet
02-02-2010, 04:53 PM
Bottom line is.......

AGREE 100 % ON ALL 5 POINTS

THAT IS WHY I ALSO STAY AWAY FROM POSTING . IRONIC HOW THE SAME PEOPLE WHO AGREE WITH CHRIS' POST AND USE THIS BOARD THE MOST ARE THE SAME ONES WHO BREAK THE RULES . WHEN IT GETS SHUT DOWN THEY WILL ONLY HAVE THEMSELVES TO BLAME