PDA

View Full Version : MLB Holograms - Trackable, Steiner Game Used Holograms - Not Trackable....

yankees.stub
02-04-2010, 10:15 PM
I tried and tried to look for the link to verified some of Steiner Game Used I got but to no avail.

Is there such link exist?

If not, what if you lose the paper certificate, what would be your back up? Even though Steiner is very reputable company, would you purchase a game used item with Steiner Number Hologram attached but there is NO paper to back it up with?

Worst case scenario, game used baseballs. On the paper, it would have date of the game which it came from. Without the paper, what is your back up then? .... Brandon Steiner or their employees... I hope you are reading the forums....

Another thing, what if you have a double header games, how do you know which game the baseball comes from since it does not mentioned? This applied to both MLB Holograms and Steiner Certified Letter.

hiflyer56
02-04-2010, 10:16 PM
http://www.steinersports.com/ssm/control/bronx?cc=promo&lc=home_bronx

hiflyer56
02-04-2010, 10:17 PM
Oops didnt read the whole thing, that link wont help you

LastingsMilledge85
02-04-2010, 10:25 PM
You can probably call their costumer service, and they can help. I believe they have all the holo numbers on some computer database.

yankees.stub
02-04-2010, 10:27 PM
You can probably call their costumer service, and they can help. I believe they have all the holo numbers on some computer database.

I have tried that and guess what?... they dont!

I believe that is a lie because there is NO WAY a multi-million dollar company do not have a tracking system on the items they authenticated.

Maybe it's just me, they dont want to be as public as MLB Holograms database.

LastingsMilledge85
02-04-2010, 10:37 PM
Then I wonder why they bother with these numbers?

LWMM
02-04-2010, 10:49 PM
Then I wonder why they bother with these numbers?

If a numbered hologram is on both the item and COA, then a generic COA can not be taken from a cheap item and placed with a more desirable, but fake, one, as happened when the holograms were generic themselves.

yankees.stub
02-04-2010, 11:00 PM
If a numbered hologram is on both the item and COA, then a generic COA can not be taken from a cheap item and placed with a more desirable, but fake, one, as happened when the holograms were generic themselves.

You got the wrong impression of the question...

It is about .. what if you lost your paper LOA, what proof do you have for backup since there is NO database for Steiner.

LastingsMilledge85
02-05-2010, 12:10 AM
All I can think of is if you have it photomatched. I cannot believe Steiner doesn't keep track of the numbers they stick on their holos.