PDA

View Full Version : When it comes to GAME USED BAT, what is your preference and why?

yankees.stub
02-05-2010, 12:07 PM
Thing that get me started with BAT collection - a simple shatter barrell landed in the stand, that almost cracked my skull!

And for those who cares .. or not, it's a NO-NAMER... damn, I would have been happier if it was somebody, but hey it's my very first game used bat!

Over the years, I gathered all variations, broken barrell, cracked bat, uncracked bat (dont know if they are really uncracked since there are professional sealer out there - that would make a cracked bat looks uncracked even under microscope), club house bat, player model bat and even stadium give-away bat.

If I have a choice and the price is right, I preferred CRACKED bat - by the handle is my first choice and missing part on the barrell is my second (as long as the name is still intact of course).

I like ton-of-used bat also, but it is not as much fun since it is not easy to crack a bat unless you are Bo Jackson. So for it to be cracked, the strength you have to put in just to make that happened!

And what the heck are people buying ... broken handle with Number written on the knob? I dont get it!

yankees.stub
02-05-2010, 12:46 PM
... just to follow up on GAME USED bat topic...

What the heck was TOPPS, UPPER DECK and all those card companies thinking when they take game used artifacts and cut it up in pieces?

There is NO sharing in baseball.

Either you can own the entire bat or you dont own it.

How funny the conversation will be if I show my friend a piece of Joe Dimaggio bat card I treasured so much .... they all said, it was a sad day and I was a part of it...

I dont know I can afford a game used Joe D. bat, but at that time, it make me feel good for having a piece of it .... now looking back, I would have not purchase the damn card in the first place...