PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have any game used lockers?

murfsteve25
02-05-2010, 12:17 PM
Thinkin about picking one up to display some of my game used equipment in but wanted to see how they look in a room.

joelsabi
02-05-2010, 01:05 PM
Thinkin about picking one up to display some of my game used equipment in but wanted to see how they look in a room.

Konichiwa Steve,

an actual locker or the bookshelf type locker or build yourself?

sort by views and the most viewed thread is Show Off Your Newly Renovated Memorabilia Rooms

should get your answer there. several locker types are there. i think someone recently posted an actual Wrigley Field locker.

regards

Joel

BIGSTIG
02-05-2010, 01:09 PM
murfsteve25

If you look atthis thread, mskwarek has a Cubs locker room locker in his display. It is sweet. I sold it to him, as I could not get it into the basement.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=16638&page=21

platinum1
02-05-2010, 01:15 PM
murfsteve25

If you look atthis thread, mskwarek has a Cubs locker room locker in his display. It is sweet. I sold it to him, as I could not get it into the basement.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=16638&page=21
BIGSTIG
Where did you buy the Wrigley Field locker?
I had one but I couldn't get it into my basement either.

joelsabi
02-05-2010, 01:17 PM

Steve,

If you are an actual mlb game used lockers, those are really really rare and very expensive. I would hate to pay shipping cost all the way to Japan as they weigh a ton. what is out there for sale that you know of for auction mlb lockers? are they reasonably priced?

platinum1
02-05-2010, 01:29 PM
Steve,

If you are an actual mlb game used lockers, those are really really rare and very expensive. I would hate to pay shipping cost all the way to Japan as they weigh a ton. what is out there for sale that you know of for auction mlb lockers? are they reasonably priced?
Here are some pictures of the locker i used to have.

joelsabi
02-05-2010, 01:41 PM
Here are some pictures of the locker i used to have.

thats ronny cedeno locker right?

did you get from mlb auctions? how much did it cost and what was the shipping cost?

platinum1
02-05-2010, 01:46 PM

did you get from mlb auctions? how much did it cost and what was the shipping cost?
At the start of the season the Cubs give away wristbands for a lottery drawing for tickets for the season and they usually have stuff for sale.
They had a bunch of these for sale but I cant remember how much it was.

platinum1
02-05-2010, 01:47 PM

Yes it was Ronny Cedeno locker

joelsabi
02-05-2010, 01:57 PM
Yes it was Ronny Cedeno locker

so did you get it at a cubs fanfest? only place i have seen lockers available has been steiner and mlb auctions.

just curious if the common players locker is a lot less than the star lockers and possibly affordable.

thanks in advance on the reply

joel

platinum1
02-05-2010, 02:06 PM
so did you get it at a cubs fanfest? only place i have seen lockers available has been steiner and mlb auctions.

just curious if the common players locker is a lot less than the star lockers and possibly affordable.

thanks in advance on the reply

joel
Read the post before my last one.
They had star players and common players.
I cant remember if the star players lockers cost more then the common player ones.
Maybe someone else that went can remember.

yankees.stub
02-05-2010, 02:06 PM
Wow, now that is a nice piece .... if I was a Cubs fan.

If you pick one up, what stopping you getting a second and third?... you must have one heck of place ... to keep that furniture in one piece!

I purchased and still waiting for my 4-yankee-stadium seats. Will deadbolt those suckers in the basement --- in front of the 52 incher .... still have to explain to the relatives about the stuff I got in the basement!

Hey Joel, want to split the letter "E" in the stadium logo? I dont think I have a spot big enough to store it. Had impulse about buying it - just for the sake of owning it....

BIGSTIG
02-05-2010, 02:14 PM
platinum -

I also bought it at the Cubs sale when they were handing out wristbands. I also picked up a turnstile as well. The lockers were $100 and turnstiles $200. Though I found out later that the lockers were suppose to be $1,000 and were mis marked. My buddy was there and called me, told me there was 2 turnstiles and 2 lockers still for sale, I told him to buy 1 of each and I will be down there in 30 minutes to pick them up. Got home and the locker would not fit downstairs, the tunstile was great. Have since moved it as it was a little big. Wish I had it back.

Nick

joelsabi
02-05-2010, 02:19 PM
Wow, now that is a nice piece .... if I was a Cubs fan.

If you pick one up, what stopping you getting a second and third?... you must have one heck of place ... to keep that furniture in one piece!

I purchased and still waiting for my 4-yankee-stadium seats. Will deadbolt those suckers in the basement --- in front of the 52 incher .... still have to explain to the relatives about the stuff I got in the basement!

Hey Joel, want to split the letter "E" in the stadium logo? I dont think I have a spot big enough to store it. Had impulse about buying it - just for the sake of owning it....

i remember someone posting getting one and not getting into the basement and kept in storage in their garage instead. those lockers are monsters. those that bought one, im sure they have enough space in the basement but its a matter of getting down the staircase. dimension on those monsters dont look mover friendly.

no thanks on the letter E. no space and unplanned.

joelsabi
02-05-2010, 02:21 PM
platinum -

I also bought it at the Cubs sale when they were handing out wristbands. I also picked up a turnstile as well. The lockers were $100 and turnstiles $200. Though I found out later that the lockers were suppose to be $1,000 and were mis marked. My buddy was there and called me, told me there was 2 turnstiles and 2 lockers still for sale, I told him to buy 1 of each and I will be down there in 30 minutes to pick them up. Got home and the locker would not fit downstairs, the tunstile was great. Have since moved it as it was a little big. Wish I had it back.

Nick

great story. i would have done a buy now , measure later at that price.

platinum1
02-05-2010, 03:32 PM
great story. i would have done a buy now , measure later at that price.
I think thats what everybody did.
I had 3 ways to get it in and none worked.
The lockers are just huge. I had to rent a Ahual truck to take mine home.
Thats when I realized that this wasn't looking good/:(

cincy13
02-05-2010, 05:49 PM
I've got Paul O'Neill's Reds locker. I picked it up at the Riverfront auction. Comes with paperwork from the Red's equipment manager.

murfsteve25
02-05-2010, 08:26 PM
Steve,

All of my collection except for a few pieces are at my parents house in Ohio. I wouldnt be looking for a locker to have here in Japan, especially since I move off this tiny island in December :D . Going home on leave in April so I'm THINKING about picking one up during that time. Your right, they are expensive. I was wanting to get a Mets locker last year and those were being sold for $500 (bench players and coaches lockers).

I've seen a few lockers from past threads and I think they look really sweet. If you've got a lot of different types of equipment such as batting helmets, hats, gloves and so on...you can really pull off a nice display.

mskwarek
02-05-2010, 11:28 PM
As Nick mentioned, I have made the Cubs locker the center of our newly renovated basement. When I purchased it from Nick I was sure that I would not have a problem getting it in the house. Wow, was I wrong. The locker sat in my garage for a year before I got the guts to take it apart. In the end, I was successful in taking it apart and getting it back together again. If there are others with Wrigley lockers I'd be happy to help with how I did it.

Here is a link to the "operation" on the locker:
http://skwarekfamily.smugmug.com/Sports/Wrigley-Locker-dismantle/6962769_avhV9#445636393_bN6fE

Here is a link to the final product:
http://skwarekfamily.smugmug.com/Woodworking/Basement/11071778_Zb5mt#775112414_UyEpj

mike

sayhey24
02-07-2010, 09:31 AM
Here's an original locker from Sportsmans Park In St. Louis, still partially boxed up in my garage, because yes -- it won't fit through the basement door.

Greg

jv225
02-07-2010, 10:01 AM
Has anyone seen any of the Texas Stadium lockers for sale? I know they auctioned them off along with just about everything else from there last year but I haven't seen any pop up for sale since. I saw them on the auction site but I'm not sure if they sold or not.

joelsabi
02-07-2010, 01:36 PM
these some NY Giants Locker on auction right now, including Sanchez.

weird thing is that no one had bidded yet and the one locker that has any bidding did not belong to any specific and is being sold as a generic locker. its at $200 with the reserve not met. wonder if this scared off people bidding on the ones belonging to specific players

http://auction.steinersports.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/Search?merchant_rn=55076099&GO_SEARCH=YES&status=O&textsearch=giants+locker&Submit.x=0&Submit.y=0