PDA

View Full Version : Trebelhorn spelt Taebelhorn 1987 road

zybu_s
02-05-2010, 12:46 PM
Have any members some across a game-used 1987 Milwaukee Brewers road jersey with 87 Taebelhorn embroidered under the Rawlings size 42 tag?

I have one which I received for some work I did for the Brewers back then. I assumed I got it because Tom Trebelhorn wouldn't wear it due to the error.

Thanks!

Joe

harpt
02-05-2010, 02:00 PM
I have a Trebelhorn home jersey from '91 if interested. Just drop me an email if you want details.
PS I have never seen that misspelling. Very interesting.

mattmueller
02-06-2010, 07:59 AM
There was one offered on ebay earlier this year. Is this your jersey?

Not sure what information you are looking for on the jersey, but a couple of random thoughts. I would doubt a manager would refuse to wear a jersey based on the internal tagging exhanging an R for an A. If I recall correctly, the Sully patch was missing on the ebay jersey, making it likely the jersey was not worn by Treb.

Matt

zybu_s
02-06-2010, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the info. This is the same jersey that was on eBay. The lack of the Sully patch made me think it was a mistake and even more evidence it was never game-worn or even game-issued.

ironmanfan
02-06-2010, 11:25 AM
I have a road Trebelhorn Orioles top from a few years ago that is available cheaply if anyone is interested....

whhp72@yahoo.com

sox83cubs84
02-06-2010, 07:31 PM
Thanks for the info. This is the same jersey that was on eBay. The lack of the Sully patch made me think it was a mistake and even more evidence it was never game-worn or even game-issued.

The Sully patch was on 1986 gamers, not 1987.

Dave M.
Chicago area

mattmueller
02-07-2010, 07:34 AM
Thanks for the clarification Dave. Chalk that up to another error in William Henderson's "book".

Matt

zybu_s
02-07-2010, 12:26 PM
Thanks, Dave for the correction. You are an invaluable resource in game-used memoribilia.
Joe

sox83cubs84
02-07-2010, 05:12 PM
Thanks for the compliments, gentlemen. However, I wouldn't be too hard on Bill...with all the items he has to study, there's gonna be a few boo-boos...the guy's only human. Plus, he issues updates that will include corrections.

I know you guys weren't trying to be tough on him, but I've seen attitudes on these matters before. When Mark Okkonen's uniform styles book came out, there were also a few errors...again, it's a given considering the volume of work involved...and I was borderline nauseated by a collector at the Willow Grove show who fumed, "I found 19 ERRORS in that book so far...I could have done a better job!!!". Of course, the complaining party never made the attempt to put out a better produuct.:rolleyes:

Dave M.
Chicago area

mattmueller
02-08-2010, 01:09 PM
No harm intended, I emailed William and let him know of the typo, and he was apreciative of the feedback.