PDA

View Full Version : O/T: With all the craziness happening around UPPERDECK, should I be worried about the game used I purchased...

yankees.stub
02-05-2010, 09:44 PM
.... still have Marino, Montana jersey from a while back .. in the original box

.... Got a Kobe jersey from '06 .... still in box

.... A Lebron from '08 ....

and couple game used balls from All star game HR derby ...

Thought they were IT when it comes to authenticity of game used items!

:eek:

murfsteve25
02-05-2010, 11:14 PM

Whoa... all these are GAME USED??? You should post pics if you can. Would love to see these, especially the Lebron.

David
02-06-2010, 12:56 AM
All three were under contract with UDA, which is a good sign.

But UD being just convicted of counterfeiting another company's trading cards isn't.

legaleagle92481
02-06-2010, 02:42 AM
I was not aware UDA sold all this game used stuff, how did you find out about what they had? All I have seen are Tiger Woods gu products on the website and in the secondary market all I have seen are Garnett gamers from there.

allstarsplus
02-06-2010, 08:28 AM
I was not aware UDA sold all this game used stuff, how did you find out about what they had? All I have seen are Tiger Woods gu products on the website and in the secondary market all I have seen are Garnett gamers from there.

Yes, UDA had a decent inventory of game used items of their exclusive athletes however most of them were used for getting cut up for the game used cards.

Our company is a UDA authorized retailer so we have purchased Tiger Woods shirts, caps, and shoes and lucky enough to get a Michael Jordan Wizards jersey and LeBron shoes. They are tough to get and very expensive.

Whoa... all these are GAME USED??? You should post pics if you can. Would love to see these, especially the Lebron.

Make me +1. I hope Yankees.Stub will also post up some photos of these items.

Dave4Reds
02-06-2010, 08:40 AM
David - did I miss something. All the articles I've read just said that Upper Deck continued to sell baseball cards "featuring professional baseball players even though the company is no longer licensed to show MLB trademarks." That's a far cry from counterfeiting another company's trading cards. If that's the case, then I don't see why any of this would adversely affect game used stuff that they previously sold.

cigarman44
02-06-2010, 08:43 AM
David - did I miss something. All the articles I've read just said that Upper Deck continued to sell baseball cards "featuring professional baseball players even though the company is no longer licensed to show MLB trademarks." That's a far cry from counterfeiting another company's trading cards. If that's the case, then I don't see why any of this would adversely affect game used stuff that they previously sold.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=32247

Dave4Reds
02-06-2010, 08:44 AM
Ok... I just saw the article accusing UD of counterfeiting Yu Gi Oh cards. I still don't think that this will impact previously purchased game used stuff.

allstarsplus
02-06-2010, 10:36 AM

Vic - Load up some photos for us!

legaleagle92481
02-06-2010, 11:34 AM
Yes, UDA had a decent inventory of game used items of their exclusive athletes however most of them were used for getting cut up for the game used cards.

Our company is a UDA authorized retailer so we have purchased Tiger Woods shirts, caps, and shoes and lucky enough to get a Michael Jordan Wizards jersey and LeBron shoes. They are tough to get and very expensive.

Make me +1. I hope Yankees.Stub will also post up some photos of these items.

Wow. Do you have anything for now for sale or can you get it? Not Woods though, I am not a big golf fan. But I would defintely want a Pujols bat or jersey.

yankees.stub
02-06-2010, 11:35 AM
Will have to go through the boxes in the basement.

I am one of those - I dont display my stuff.

If you can see how I bundle my bats in the corner of a room, this entire forum will goes nuts!

(Used to display stuff, until the dust get in the way and I have to clean them and so forth. Dont have time for that! Too busy looking for new stuff)

:D

allstarsplus
02-06-2010, 12:06 PM
Wow. Do you have anything for now for sale or can you get it? Not Woods though, I am not a big golf fan. But I would defintely want a Pujols bat or jersey.

I was told that they were not getting any Pujols game used except for what they buy from 3rd parties for their cards. I think the UDA deal with Pujols is only autographs.

They will get more LeBron items this season and the prices are super expensive for the game used. What is nice is the unused LeBron items that are his game models that he autographs.

allstarsplus
02-06-2010, 12:06 PM

If you can see how I bundle my bats in the corner of a room, this entire forum will goes nuts!

(Used to display stuff, until the dust get in the way and I have to clean them and so forth. Dont have time for that! Too busy looking for new stuff)

OK, post up! We are snowed in here in Washington DC and need to look at your collection!

allstarsplus
02-06-2010, 04:33 PM
Vic Fanatic - It has been several hours, and I am starting to wonder what is up with you.

Come on post up your UDA game used Marino, Montana, and Kobe jersey from '06 and of course the LeBron from '08 and your game used balls from All star game HR Derby.

sportscentury
02-06-2010, 04:49 PM
Vic Fanatic - It has been several hours, and I am starting to wonder what is up with you.

Come on post up your UDA game used Marino, Montana, and Kobe jersey from '06 and of course the LeBron from '08 and your game used balls from All star game HR Derby.

"Vic Fanatic" is actually your name? Wow, what a fun name for a sports fan! I'd love to see your LeBron and Kobe, as well.

Genke
02-06-2010, 04:58 PM

So you can store it in your basement?

I think you might be missing out on the joy of collecting a bit my friend?

allstarsplus
02-06-2010, 05:04 PM
"Vic Fanatic" is actually your name? Wow, what a fun name for a sports fan! I'd love to see your LeBron and Kobe, as well.

I know Reid.

Vic joined on Feb 3rd and has averaged 25 posts his first 3+ days. Now he hasn't posted in 5+ hours.

Obviously the joke is on us because now we aren't worthy.

He collects all things Yankees, and the top basketball players and legendary QBs and goes to get his game used at UDA where that quartet of game used jerseys would be around $50,000 (Retail).

The last LeBron and Kobe game used UDA jerseys I was offered were over $15,000 each for the '08/'09 season.

Reid, what do you value that quartet of game used jerseys at?

yankees.stub
02-06-2010, 08:49 PM
I know Reid.

Vic joined on Feb 3rd and has averaged 25 posts his first 3+ days. Now he hasn't posted in 5+ hours.

Obviously the joke is on us because now we aren't worthy.

He collects all things Yankees, and the top basketball players and legendary QBs and goes to get his game used at UDA where that quartet of game used jerseys would be around $50,000 (Retail).

The last LeBron and Kobe game used UDA jerseys I was offered were over $15,000 each for the '08/'09 season.

Reid, what do you value that quartet of game used jerseys at?

:D :D :D

Got to have a life too... cant be hanging out on GUU all day ... some one here already told I post too much... so I slow down!

1. Fri-Sun ... MY time ... it's 3-days poker and just happened to be Super Bowl, so there is more gambling going on!

2. I love to pick stuff up with the extra$ or whenever I have a decent game of poker. I enjoy it for the first couple days - laying them out and just walk by and look at them. Then look at them again at a different angle... and just leave them at that until I decide enough is enough!

3. I tried not to display my stuff since I dont want to give others - who is NOT in the hobby as much as I am. 8 out of 10, think I have an ADDICTION that need to be fixed or counseled. I love these stuff. If I get stranded on an island ... I will want all my collectible with me and a couple fishing rods.... got to eat you know!

4. Most of my stuff are in the basement. All box up if they need to be away from the sun. Learn that lesson hard - about 20 signed balls got ruined because of it (there is UV protected cubes back then).

5. I should itemized my stuff ... but damn, where do I start? Going by the sports? or go by what i think it's worth? Now that will take freaking months to figure out!

(on my break from poker and do a quick reply)

Genke
02-07-2010, 11:55 AM

Got to have a life too... cant be hanging out on GUU all day ... some one here already told I post too much... so I slow down!

1. Fri-Sun ... MY time ... it's 3-days poker and just happened to be Super Bowl, so there is more gambling going on!

2. I love to pick stuff up with the extra$ or whenever I have a decent game of poker. I enjoy it for the first couple days - laying them out and just walk by and look at them. Then look at them again at a different angle... and just leave them at that until I decide enough is enough!

3. I tried not to display my stuff since I dont want to give others - who is NOT in the hobby as much as I am. 8 out of 10, think I have an ADDICTION that need to be fixed or counseled. I love these stuff. If I get stranded on an island ... I will want all my collectible with me and a couple fishing rods.... got to eat you know!

4. Most of my stuff are in the basement. All box up if they need to be away from the sun. Learn that lesson hard - about 20 signed balls got ruined because of it (there is UV protected cubes back then).

5. I should itemized my stuff ... but damn, where do I start? Going by the sports? or go by what i think it's worth? Now that will take freaking months to figure out!

(on my break from poker and do a quick reply)

Anybody realing buying this?

allstarsplus
02-07-2010, 12:04 PM
Anybody realing buying this?

Genke - I would hope not :D :D :D and you forgot your 3 smiley faces!

By the way, Vic says he doesn't sell and does trades so he doesn't consider himself a dealer. He collects all things Yankees especially ARod and Jeter, Russian Ovechkin hockey jersey, Marino, Montana, HR Derby baseballs, Kobe, LeBron, and of course 15 to 20 Yankees Stadium HR balls.

His diversity in collecting is astounding although I commend him for collecting all 4 Major Sports and the greatest in their respective sports except he didn't mention Michael Jordan.

I for one would love to talk to Vic to see if I can get a few of those HR baseballs in trade!

So Vic, if you aren't gambling now-----send me an email!

yankees.stub
02-07-2010, 01:07 PM
Genke - I would hope not :D :D :D and you forgot your 3 smiley faces!

By the way, Vic says he doesn't sell and does trades so he doesn't consider himself a dealer. He collects all things Yankees especially ARod and Jeter, Russian Ovechkin hockey jersey, Marino, Montana, HR Derby baseballs, Kobe, LeBron, and of course 15 to 20 Yankees Stadium HR balls.

His diversity in collecting is astounding although I commend him for collecting all 4 Major Sports and the greatest in their respective sports except he didn't mention Michael Jordan.

I for one would love to talk to Vic to see if I can get a few of those HR baseballs in trade!

So Vic, if you aren't gambling now-----send me an email!

I dont collect Jordan for one reason - cant afford it. I dont want to bank on one Jordan when I can bank on 2-3 others.

Not the type that put all the eggs in one basket.

As for the pictures requests - wondering why they are so much in demand to see what I have ? I know what I have in my collection. I know what I can get for them when NEEDED.

I know I dont want to display my stuff because I dont want to.

(for your information - I have met couple GUU members already. Will not saying the event and so forth but I can tell you this much .... I spend as much as you do if NOT more .... :D )

And oh, what is up with people stealing other members' picture and posting on other forums and eB.. stuff? I dont know...

Just too funny!

yankees.stub
02-07-2010, 01:13 PM

:D :D :D[/quote]

Sure!

What you are looking for? Which player? or which team if you dont really care about the player?

As for THOME request, I dont have one.

And since we are trading HR Balls, what do you have for trade?

I am looking for game used balls from Texas Rangers (with MLB Hologram of course) and I am also looking for WS baseballs preferred brand new in box (hopefully it is more than 5 together - not single ball of course.)

Still searching for Rawlings Clemente Day Ball (my got all tone up from displaying so I am looking for a replacement)

Opening day in Japan and China are the others I am looking for also.

joelsabi
02-07-2010, 01:21 PM

Sure!

What you are looking for? Which player? or which team if you dont really care about the player?

I am looking for game used balls from Texas Rangers (with MLB Hologram of course) and I am also looking for WS baseballs preferred brand new in box (hopefully it is more than 5 together - not single ball of course.)

Still searching for Rawlings Clemente Day Ball (my got all tone up from displaying so I am looking for a replacement)

:D :D :D[/QUOTE]

Hi Vic,

Would you be willing to sell some copies of your yankee games?

let me know either way by email.

Thanks

Joel

yankees.stub
02-07-2010, 01:26 PM
Hi Vic,

Thanks

Joel[/quote]

Let me know which game you want. I will check against what I have.

As for paying ... we are not going that route since ... we not going that route.

If anything, you send me blanks and I will ask my friends to transfer over and you just pay for the postage.

And oh, there are no HD stuff because they dont make any of those recordable media for decent price yet. Recording devices and medias cost an arm and leg and not to mention the softward for it also.

And before anyone goes nut and things getting out of hands ---- I FOUND THESE COPIES IN A SHOEBOX AT BLOCKBUSTER SOMEWHERE ... :D

joelsabi
02-07-2010, 01:31 PM
Hi Vic,

Thanks

Joel

Let me know which game you want. I will check against what I have.

As for paying ... we are not going that route since ... we not going that route.

If anything, you send me blanks and I will ask my friends to transfer over and you just pay for the postage.

And oh, there are no HD stuff because they dont make any of those recordable media for decent price yet. Recording devices and medias cost an arm and leg and not to mention the softward for it also.

And before anyone goes nut and things getting out of hands ---- I FOUND THESE COPIES IN A SHOEBOX AT BLOCKBUSTER SOMEWHERE ... :D[/QUOTE]

hi vic,

can you open your private message feature or give me you email or send me an email. thanks. tough to communicate otherwise.

thanks

joel

yankees.stub
02-07-2010, 01:37 PM
hi vic,

can you open your private message feature or give me you email or send me an email. thanks. tough to communicate otherwise.

thanks

joel[/quote]

I will drop an email to your inbox later on today .... (got to finish the superbowl boxes)

In the meantime, if you can - get the list ready and I will check them as soon as I get them.

Sounds good?

joelsabi
02-07-2010, 01:40 PM
hi vic,

thanks

joel

I will drop an email to your inbox later on today .... (got to finish the superbowl boxes)

In the meantime, if you can - get the list ready and I will check them as soon as I get them.

Sounds good?[/QUOTE]

sounds good. i thought maybe you had a list. thanks in advance.

allstarsplus
02-07-2010, 05:10 PM

Sure!

:D :D :D[/quote]

Can you send me an email at my address below with a list of your HR balls. Did you catch any at the Nationals vs. Yankees series this past June?

Thanks.

PS - Everyone would love to see your UDA game used jerseys as they are super rare. Please Post them up especially since this thread started about Upper Deck.

allstarsplus
02-07-2010, 05:12 PM
Sure!

Can you send me an email at my address below with a list of your HR balls. Did you catch any at the Nationals vs. Yankees series this past June?

Thanks.

PS - Everyone would love to see your UDA game used jerseys as they are super rare. Please Post them up especially since this thread started about Upper Deck.

camarokids
02-07-2010, 06:11 PM
As for the pictures requests - wondering why they are so much in demand to see what I have ? I know what I have in my collection. I know what I can get for them when NEEDED.

When someone says they have such and such pieces, it is natural for us collectors to want to see the pics.

Another possibility could be, people want you to back up what you are saying.
To see if you are for real?
How many collectors do not display their collection?

yankees.stub
02-07-2010, 06:29 PM
When someone says they have such and such pieces, it is natural for us collectors to want to see the pics.

Now why would you care if someone has something or not just because they said it?

I take everyone at face value. If they said it - they said it. So if you said you have the holy-grail - BABE RUTH bat, then I would be ... wow ... there is your kids college education. You are lucky to have it.

Who am I going to ask for visual verification UNLESS I want to buy them.

I know many collectors who do not display their items. Some of my earlier collectibles are ruined due to display without proper protection. So, if you choose to display your stuff - more power to you. If suddenly you see your autographed slowly fading on your items - who would you blame then? Would you get sympathy from those who saw your item on display?

No.

Another thing, to put anything decent on display - you will have to spend an arm and a leg to have it framed.

And I would never part with my items on some JOE SHMOE to have them frame. Thanks but no thanks!

Dont know if you follow the news lately, even STEINER lost some VERY VERY valuable items from customers who send in to have it signed!

So .... I learned from my own mistakes but I would rather learned from someone else mistakes - cost me nothing to learn!

Just my .03 cent!

yankees.stub
02-07-2010, 06:32 PM
Another thing, I would never consider what I have is rare or scare or ... whatever ...

What I got --- there are thousand of them out there.

If there is less than 100 of them in existence, then I will consider it's rare.

both-teams-played-hard
02-07-2010, 07:05 PM
I think there is a miscommunication. The term "display" was used asking you to post photos on the forum, not "display" meaning to hang on a wall or on a mannequin in your sports room. I actually don't care either way.

sportscentury
02-07-2010, 07:44 PM
"Vic Fanatic," don't worry, I believe you.

Yours truly,

Johnny Sportslover

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oops, I mean...

camarokids
02-07-2010, 07:57 PM
Its all good dude.....

You asked a question.....

I gave you a couple of possibilities as to the answer.....

frikativ54
02-07-2010, 11:27 PM
"Vic Fanatic," don't worry, I believe you.

Yours truly,

Johnny Sportslover

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oops, I mean...

Too funny. :D

allstarsplus
02-08-2010, 08:24 AM
Sure!

:D :D :DVic - I can't believe you haven't emailed me yet. For that matter, when are you going to post up the photos of all the UDA game used jerseys!

legaleagle92481
02-08-2010, 10:50 AM

I personally do not display my collection either. I used to but I had alot of baseballs get ruined so I stopped doing it. I keep my bats in a gun safe from Walmart (I do not own guns but the safe is perfect for holding bats and affordable also) My jerseys are in plastic bags in a rubbermaid bin. My autographs are in cases in the boxes the cases came in a closet. I rarely show my collection off because I do not want anyone handling and possibly damaging it as I do not have any relatives or friends who are collectors. However, I do feel that if someone claims to have rare items like YankeeStub mentioned he should post pics so other collectors can see them. And Yankeestub there are defintely under a 100 authentic jerseys out there of the players you mentioned in the collectibles market or private collections they are defintely rare.

joelsabi
02-08-2010, 11:17 AM
And oh, what is up with people stealing other members' picture and posting on other forums and eB.. stuff? I dont know...

Just too funny!

If stealing your photos is a problem you fear, just do as mb23 recently did and put a watermark.

protects your property and does question photo ownership if the userid of the poster and photo does not match as I do right now on this post.

btw, i checked my email with nothing from you yet.

regards,

joel

chakes89
02-08-2010, 11:24 AM
Since pictures have not been provided yet, I would like to refer back to a certain saying that is used on countless other message boards, SCAN OR BAN!

both-teams-played-hard
02-08-2010, 11:36 AM
If stealing your photos is a problem you fear, just do as mb23 recently did and put a watermark.

protects your property and does question photo ownership if the userid of the poster and photo does not match as I do right now on this post.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2ecds0p.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/358qauh.jpg

joelsabi
02-08-2010, 11:46 AM
http://i50.tinypic.com/2ecds0p.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/358qauh.jpg

how did you do that?

both-teams-played-hard
02-08-2010, 12:08 PM
how did you do that?

Photo-shop...that was the 2 minute version...with 5 minutes I could make it seamless. And I'm a photo-shop novice. An expert could do a much better job.
People on blogs and random sites scrap my photos from my website all the time. But I consider watermarks to be clutter. Stealing an image is not the same as stealing the actual item. This is why paypal is awesome. If you do not receive an item or the item is not as described, you get your money back.

allstarsplus
02-08-2010, 05:16 PM
Since pictures have not been provided yet, I would like to refer back to a certain saying that is used on countless other message boards, SCAN OR BAN!

Chris - As Joel and BTPH talk about photoshopping, I think the only way we will see photos of any of Vic Fanatic's game used UDA jerseys and the Yankees HR balls will be when he can PHOTOSHOP a collection.

I am also one of those boxed in basement guys but I can certainly produce photos fairly easily.

I asked a couple of days ago for an email from Vic about what HR balls he has and didn't even get that.

So a guy that registers his name on the Forum as Vic Fanatic which obviously is a ficticious name should be banned until he proves he is real.

I think Vic is enjoying being the center of attention and I join in with others who are growing tired of this type of "member".

kellsox
02-08-2010, 05:29 PM
I'm still wondering why people bothered to engage him...and are still talking about him. The only reason he kept posting was that people kept replying.

yankees.stub
02-08-2010, 05:37 PM
I asked a couple of days ago for an email from Vic about what HR balls he has and didn't even get that.

So a guy that registers his name on the Forum as Vic Fanatic which obviously is a ficticious name should be banned until he proves he is real.

I think Vic is enjoying being the center of attention and I join in with others who are growing tired of this type of "member".[/quote]

Who want to be the center of the attention? :D

Where did I say I want attention?

As for your request of the HR Balls, scroll up buddy and read my response about your inquiries.

I cant even pay attention to my collection and now I need you to help me to be the center of my attention? Wow, really?

As for photoshop, why would I have to go to that extreme? Unless I want to fool somebody otherwise.

Oh, just in case, my jerseys are not worth in the $10K as some one mentioned on here. You can still get them for $3500 (Marino), $4500 (kobe), $4500 (Lebron) ... search eB.. you will find some and you can make offer on those too.

As for being a Fanatic, I am more like a lunatic who willing to spend whatever if my bills allow. So everyone has different threshold. Mine is anything and everything sports related.

Attached were my playoff game tickets this past year at the stadium - those legends seats were mostly empty during the year, but when playoff rolls around - everyone want to be there. Could have trade those tickets for some really good game used stuff - but hey, you only live once.

"notice the row?" :D

Got two game used balls from that game - got both signed by Mariano and Alex (which I paid $175 and $250 respectively)

Again, worth every penny!

yankees.stub
02-08-2010, 05:40 PM
I'm still wondering why people bothered to engage him...and are still talking about him. The only reason he kept posting was that people kept replying.

I try to not to reply and I DIDNT.

Your point is well taken ... maybe the rest should do the same, right?

legaleagle92481
02-08-2010, 06:34 PM

I think Vic is enjoying being the center of attention and I join in with others who are growing tired of this type of "member".

Who want to be the center of the attention? :D

Where did I say I want attention?

As for your request of the HR Balls, scroll up buddy and read my response about your inquiries.

I cant even pay attention to my collection and now I need you to help me to be the center of my attention? Wow, really?

As for photoshop, why would I have to go to that extreme? Unless I want to fool somebody otherwise.

Oh, just in case, my jerseys are not worth in the $10K as some one mentioned on here. You can still get them for $3500 (Marino), $4500 (kobe), $4500 (Lebron) ... search eB.. you will find some and you can make offer on those too.

As for being a Fanatic, I am more like a lunatic who willing to spend whatever if my bills allow. So everyone has different threshold. Mine is anything and everything sports related.

Attached were my playoff game tickets this past year at the stadium - those legends seats were mostly empty during the year, but when playoff rolls around - everyone want to be there. Could have trade those tickets for some really good game used stuff - but hey, you only live once.

"notice the row?" :D

Got two game used balls from that game - got both signed by Mariano and Alex (which I paid $175 and $250 respectively)

Again, worth every penny![/quote]

If a real Lebron or Kobe was available on Ebay for this prices you quoted 1/2 this forum would trample each other to buy them. MEIGray is currently auctioning one of each worn in one game (this Christmas) and the current bids for both are over seven grand with 10 days to go in the auction. A Marino from 1997 obtained directly from Mounted Memories Dan's longtime exclusive agent (he also has a stake in the company) was a late addition to the Hunt superbowl auction and closed at 5,500 before the 15% buyer's fee.

yankees.stub
02-08-2010, 06:41 PM
If a real Lebron or Kobe was available on Ebay for this prices you quoted 1/2 this forum would trample each other to buy them. MEIGray is currently auctioning one of each worn in one game (this Christmas) and the current bids for both are over seven grand with 10 days to go in the auction. A Marino from 1997 obtained directly from Mounted Memories Dan's longtime exclusive agent (he also has a stake in the company) was a late addition to the Hunt superbowl auction and closed at 5,500 before the 15% buyer's fee.[/quote]

So fake or not real stuff on eB..? Now that is shocking to hear!

My jerseys are worth about 75% what I had paid for them - got a dealer come by and make me an offer I CAN REFUSE.

May be I am stubborn, but I choose to keep my loss then sell them to minimize the loss.

So again - these are nice to look at, it's more like a reminder how reckless one can be and then.... it's another day!

stretch
02-08-2010, 07:41 PM
Photo-shop...that was the 2 minute version...with 5 minutes I could make it seamless. And I'm a photo-shop novice. An expert could do a much better job.
People on blogs and random sites scrap my photos from my website all the time. But I consider watermarks to be clutter. Stealing an image is not the same as stealing the actual item. This is why paypal is awesome. If you do not receive an item or the item is not as described, you get your money back.

You know you can find a code that won't allow people to steal your pictures. When they right click on the mouse the pop-up can just say what you want.

TFig27
02-08-2010, 07:48 PM
You know you can find a code that won't allow people to steal your pictures. When they right click on the mouse the pop-up can just say what you want.

Stil doesn't work. You can take a screenshot of the image.

both-teams-played-hard
02-08-2010, 07:56 PM
All men are created equal with screen shots.
http://i49.tinypic.com/31487pc.jpg

xpress34
02-08-2010, 08:16 PM
Or you can search the source code and look for the HTML tagging SRC IMG= and just cut and paste that... not that hard...

And just wondering? WHO is this VIC FANATIC everyone keeps talking about? By the way Yankee.Stub responds, it sounds like it's him? Are they one in the same?

legaleagle92481
02-08-2010, 08:27 PM
Or you can search the source code and look for the HTML tagging SRC IMG= and just cut and paste that... not that hard...

And just wondering? WHO is this VIC FANATIC everyone keeps talking about? By the way Yankee.Stub responds, it sounds like it's him? Are they one in the same?

Yup its him. He joined last week and is a senior member already.

frikativ54
02-08-2010, 08:32 PM

Vic Fanatic is yankees.stub; they are one and the same. While it's obvious that yankees.stub has contrived an identity, he gave the enigmatic nom de guerre for the forum directory. In case you don't know, you can look up everyone's real name in the Hobby Directory.

While I don't have evidence to back this up, it is my belief that someone is playing a prank on the GUU community. I won't mention names, but I find it interesting that Vic's join date is very close to the ban date of the last two banned members. It looks like someone is jerking around the GUU.

It's pathetic that some have nothing better to do than to create a fake persona. There is so much to be involved in in this world - politics, sports, social justice, etc. - that I find it crazy that someone would take the time to create an alias and post over 100 posts under a fake name.

yankees.stub
02-08-2010, 08:38 PM
Vic Fanatic is yankees.stub; they are one and the same. While it's obvious that yankees.stub has contrived an identity, he gave the enigmatic nom de guerre for the forum directory. In case you don't know, you can look up everyone's real name in the Hobby Directory.

While I don't have evidence to back this up, it is my belief that someone is playing a prank on the GUU community. I won't mention names, but I find it interesting that Vic's join date is very close to the ban date of the last two banned members. It looks like someone is jerking around the GUU.

It's pathetic that some have nothing better to do than to create a fake persona. There is so much to be involved in in this world - politics, sports, social justice, etc. - that I find it crazy that someone would take the time to create an alias and post over 100 posts under a fake name.

why would one have a fake name to do a forum?

Have any of my post degrade or attack anyone? or just it is what it is? GAME USE stuff?

Do I try to sell anything?

so again, boy, you guys have alot of time on your hands!

this is worst than chat room antics...LMAO... too funny!:D

yankees.stub
02-08-2010, 08:43 PM

It is not even about that.

I dont waste time with photoshop stuff ... that doesnt do anything for me unless I plan to insure my collectibles.

Hey, i just post my crazy playoff tickets .. if some want to steal that, go right ahead.

No big deal!

So the bottom of these antics are people want to see and I dont have time to indulge and search for stuff to prove a point.

The only point I am proving so far with the code of forum - I dont disrespect anyone on their stuff ... I might have fun with LastingMilledge here and there ... Legaleagle for his wits ... and that is all fun!

So again, I still dont know what the deal is... but what ever it is.... it is childish.... LMFAO...

serious..... check all my posts and threads I replied to... beside some O/T here and there ... they are all related to GUU....

xpress34
02-08-2010, 08:47 PM
Yup its him. He joined last week and is a senior member already.

LE -

It's like watching a train wreck!!! His broken English and nonsensical posts... I don't want to read them, but I just can't avert my eyes!!!

I won't post directly to him though... then I might end up staring into the abyss!!!

- Chris

yankees.stub
02-08-2010, 08:49 PM
LE -

It's like watching a train wreck!!! His broken English and nonsensical posts... I don't want to read them, but I just can't avert my eyes!!!

I won't post directly to him though... then I might end up staring into the abyss!!!

- Chris

Thank you for the compliments!

Glad my english is broken .. if it was fixed ... it might be worst.

Why fix it when you dont need to!

frikativ54
02-08-2010, 08:53 PM
why would one have a fake name to do a forum?

If you got banned under your real one...or first alias...or second alias...or third alias...or four.

yankees.stub
02-08-2010, 08:59 PM
If you got banned under your real one...or first alias...or second alias...or third alias...or four.

I am still stuck on the first thought - why would someone create a fake alias to be on public forum? It is not like this is a selling site. It is an education site where members share their experiences - good, bad or ugly.

So for one to get banned, you must do something really stupid ... I dont see how stupid can that be on an education forum?

Genke
02-08-2010, 10:02 PM

frikativ54, please share with the forum who you think this is?

I for one would like to know. And don't worry about whether you are wrong or not, that's not important. You will probably be correct.

Genke
02-08-2010, 10:05 PM
I am still stuck on the first thought - why would someone create a fake alias to be on public forum?

Why don't you enlighten us and tell us, "Vic Fanatic"? You obviously did?

This guy reminds me of an Asian version of Billy Idol. Kind of a punk, but talented so you just have to listen....not unlike the "train wreck" Chris eluded to.

yankees.stub
02-08-2010, 10:10 PM
Why don't you enlighten us and tell us, "Vic Fanatic"? You obviously did?

This guy reminds me of an Asian version of Billy Idol. Kind of a punk, but talented so you just have to listen....not unlike the "train wreck" Chris eluded to.

Hey, I like Billy Idol....

Thank you for compliment ...

I still dont know where all these craziness begin... because I refused to go to my basement .... searching for the boxes that my UDA stuffs are in .... take some pictures and post them?

Either way, it's not going to happen....

yankees.stub
02-08-2010, 10:15 PM
frikativ54, please share with the forum who you think this is?

I for one would like to know. And don't worry about whether you are wrong or not, that's not important. You will probably be correct.

Let's put a friendly wager into this.. to make it interesting.

If I am you win a game used bat from my collection - no cherry pick. If you wrong, I get one of your game used bat?

Would love to hear this one...!

Genke
02-08-2010, 10:22 PM
Hey, I like Billy Idol....

Thank you for compliment ...

I still dont know where all these craziness begin... because I refused to go to my basement .... searching for the boxes that my UDA stuffs are in .... take some pictures and post them?

Either way, it's not going to happen....

Do yourself and all of us a favor.......Just GO DOWN to that basement, and click off just ONE picture of all your "stuff" piled in a corner, or however it is down there.

JUST ONE......Is that too much to ask? I'll play "White Wedding" for you?

Genke
02-08-2010, 10:23 PM
Let's put a friendly wager into this.. to make it interesting.

If I am you win a game used bat from my collection - no cherry pick. If you wrong, I get one of your game used bat?

Would love to hear this one...!

You asking ME or frikativ54 for that silly wager?

yankees.stub
02-08-2010, 10:25 PM
You asking ME or frikativ54 for that silly wager?

it's opened for whoever want to take a crack at it.

(there are two members on here who knows who I am. We met and chat over WS bats. I will ask them to mediate if necessary)

It's all good!

yankees.stub
02-08-2010, 10:26 PM
Do yourself and all of us a favor.......Just GO DOWN to that basement, and click off just ONE picture of all your "stuff" piled in a corner, or however it is down there.

JUST ONE......Is that too much to ask? I'll play "White Wedding" for you?

You win!

Love that freaking song... until they play it to the points of no return.

I will take a pic of the hectic basement closet and post it!

No problem!