PDA

View Full Version : AMI Questioned by Phone

eGameUsed
06-24-2006, 07:01 PM
I called AMI yesterday and questioned an item. I am tired of the BS through e-mail so I just called. Some guy answered and I told them I had questions on an item. He then directed me to some woman who sounded kind of like an airhead, clearly didn't know the first thing about memorabilia. I explained my question/concern. She told me not to bid if I don't feel comfortable! I then asked if it was okay if I posted my concerns on Game Used Universe, and then she repeated that if I didn't feel comfortable not to bid. She then asked what my purpose was in questioning an item. What a joke!

hblakewolf
06-24-2006, 07:24 PM
Chris-
Victor, the owner, has a woman working for him by the name of Keeta. did you happen to catch the name, as this sounds like here basic MO.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

eGameUsed
06-24-2006, 09:50 PM
Howard,

I had met Keeta and Victor before, but do not recall the voice. Ever since a bad deal with them a couple of years ago, I avoid contact. I saw them earlier this month at SportsFest, but just passed by their booth (or display rather of upcoming auction items, which was the Pujols jersey, Bush jersey, Munson bat, etc.).

I just can't believe how unprofessional they are! Deal with them a few times and it feels like they are just out for as much money as they can get.

R. C. Walker
06-24-2006, 10:37 PM
Howard,

Ever since a bad deal with them a couple of years ago, I avoid contact. I saw them earlier this month at SportsFest, but just passed by their booth. . . .Deal with them a few times and it feels like they are just out for as much money as they can get.

It’s odd but, by coincidence or plain luck, I have been able to find items from Auction Houses through negative posts such as this one.

I suppose I should start a new post, but I’ll ask this question here. What type of issues have you or anyone on this board encountered with AMI? Bad PR skills? Bogus Items? Payment or Shipping problems? Please enlighten me before I possibly bid.

Thanks,

Eric
06-24-2006, 11:06 PM
I just want to remind everyone who wishes to add to this thread, that we must deal with facts here. This discussion is abolutely fair grounds, but remember to keep it professional.
Eric

suave1477
06-24-2006, 11:13 PM
RC WALKER to answer your question here is a post I put up on how I feel about there PR Skills. This is an actual situation that took place.

I am not saying to base your descisions on my situation but you asked so here it is. Read my thread posted a while ago.
Outraged With American Memorabilia!!!!! http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=1858&highlight=Outraged+American+Memorabilia

Oil Can Dan
06-24-2006, 11:15 PM
For the record, I won a couple items in the recent AM auction and the people I dealt with on the phone both prior and after the auction were both responsive and polite. My experience was very good.

What wasn't so good was that the LOA from Lou Lampson. Not good. LOA consisted of two pages - first page described the item and showed pictures, second page had the Lou Lampson autograph. One could very logically make the assumption that the second page could go with any other front page.

Also, I won an autographed jersey that supposedly came with an LOA from PSA/DNA, however the letter that came with the item explicitely states that the item had not had the full PSA/DNA review. Additionally the item description said the autograph was rated a "9", however there is no such grade from PSA/DNA that I can see.

BoneRubbedBat
06-25-2006, 08:50 AM
Now here is something that doesn't happen every day. Two weeks ago I received a consignment check from AMI from the April auction. Funny thing is that I didn't consign anything or bid on anything from that auction. I called AMI and talked to a girl named Andrea that was pretty much in disbelief that someone would call offering to return a check that was erroneously issued. She said something like "You must be the only honest person left..." That really doesn't say alot for our hobby.

both-teams-played-hard
06-25-2006, 01:13 PM
This thread seems to be a loaded attack on AMI. Does anyone care to mention the actual item they had a question about? The title leads me to believe that a "scoop" has been uncovered (ie. Jack Ruby Questioned by Phone, etc.)
Is this all we got?

Eric
06-25-2006, 02:21 PM
I totally agree with B-T-P-H about the htread as a whole. You have the right to ask questions about an item. Go ahead and and the item and your concerns here. Perhaps someone in the forum has some insight.

It'll also give everyone a clearer picture of what we're talking about here.
Eric

trsent
06-25-2006, 08:43 PM
I totally agree with B-T-P-H about the htread as a whole. You have the right to ask questions about an item. Go ahead and and the item and your concerns here. Perhaps someone in the forum has some insight.

It'll also give everyone a clearer picture of what we're talking about here.
Eric

I like it better when we are in the dark and the best solution is to bash me for giving a different side of a story and then BigTime59 can make fun of me without mentioning me by name or that Malibu guy can complain about me making comments about poker or sex or whatever is on my silly mind at the time.

astros*bats
06-25-2006, 08:45 PM
I am interested in finding out what the questionable item is that we are talking about.

Frank
06-29-2006, 08:05 AM
So no word on the item?