PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl Patched Jerseys

Neely8
02-08-2010, 10:40 AM
It seems these game worn jerseys are pretty scarce and I was wondering if any Superbowl patched game worn jerseys are kicking around in the hobby. I have a few Rams jerseys which are a SB34 Jeff Wilkins game worn jersey and SB36 game worn Mark Fields and Kim Herring jerseys. What's else is out there?

legaleagle92481
02-08-2010, 11:05 AM
It seems these game worn jerseys are pretty scarce and I was wondering if any Superbowl patched game worn jerseys are kicking around in the hobby. I have a few Rams jerseys which are a SB34 Jeff Wilkins game worn jersey and SB36 game worn Mark Fields and Kim Herring jerseys. What's else is out there?

Most of the players probably keep theirs so there is probably not many floating around. In other sports some leak out because they wear several jerseys over the up to seven games. But in one game it would be hard to wear more than two jerseys and there is a superstitous angle also if their team had a good first half would they really want to change jerseys? So in most cases they probably wear only one. If you are going to keep one thing from your career you would think it would be a Super Bowl jersey especially since most players never get back and it is a career highlight for most.

russyurk
02-08-2010, 11:09 AM
I agree with legaleagle but guys also sell their championship rings which I could never fathom so there must be some out there.

sox83cubs84
02-08-2010, 01:46 PM
I've seen a few dozen over the years, but most were backup jerseys and most were from a bulk buy Grey Flannel made of Green Bay Packers jerseys, with the SB shirts being backups from one (or both) of their 1990s era Super Bowl appearances.

Dave M.
Chicago area

Larry Pelliccioni
02-08-2010, 02:12 PM
I am a fan and collect Detroit Lion's jerseys, I am not likely to see one with a superbowl patch in my lifetime.:p

legaleagle92481
02-08-2010, 02:16 PM
I've seen a few dozen over the years, but most were backup jerseys and most were from a bulk buy Grey Flannel made of Green Bay Packers jerseys, with the SB shirts being backups from one (or both) of their 1990s era Super Bowl appearances.

Dave M.
Chicago area

Good point on the backups. MEIgray had a few Giants backup jerseys from the Super Bowl the Ravens blew them out in on their site not that long ago.

BarryMeisel
02-08-2010, 05:28 PM
Hi everybody,

When we purchased the Giants' 2000 Collection, we acquired a set of game-issued jerseys with the Super Bowl XXXV patch that the team wore during Media Day.

They were not used in the game. We do have a few of them still in stock.

Hope this helps,
Barry

sox83cubs84
02-08-2010, 11:37 PM
I am a fan and collect Detroit Lion's jerseys, I am not likely to see one with a superbowl patch in my lifetime.:p

Kinda like my quest for a Cubs gamer with a World Series patch.:o

Dave M.
Chicago area

BULBUS
02-09-2010, 09:31 AM
After the 2007 season, the Giants listed the players backups on their website. They were pretty expensive, but sold out pretty quick. I bought the cheapest one available and it was $300. There are a couple for sale on Ebay.

-Chris

skinsfan0521
03-11-2010, 05:03 PM
I know that Chris Snee (Giants OL) kept his jersey from the Super Bowl in 2007. His backup may have been for sale on the Giants website, but I didn't see it. I know that Chris has also kept both of his Pro Bowl jerseys too.

I think that (as mentioned before) generally the players would keep their gamers from significant games such as the Super Bowl or Pro Bowl... but that's just my opinion.

NYRangers
03-11-2010, 09:16 PM
I think it predates the Super Bowl patch tradition but I have Michael Brooks Denver Broncos game worn jersey from SB XXIV:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=32304&highlight=michael+brooks

sox83cubs84
03-11-2010, 09:32 PM
I think it predates the Super Bowl patch tradition but I have Michael Brooks Denver Broncos game worn jersey from SB XXIV:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=32304&highlight=michael+brooks

Actually, the first Super Bowl uniform patch worn was by the New York Giants in SB21.

And, in SB4, the Chiefs, while not wearing a Super Bowl patch per se, did wear an AFL 10th Anniversary patch just for the Big Game.

BarryMeisel
03-12-2010, 08:29 AM
I believe that's incorrect, Dave.

The Giants in 1986 wore a Spider patch, in honor of former safety Spider Lockhart, who died that year. That patch was on their SB unis in SB XXI.

The Giants and Buffalo Bills in SB XXV were the first teams to wear designed Super Bowl patches on their jerseys in the game.

Barry

sox83cubs84
03-12-2010, 08:53 PM
I believe that's incorrect, Dave.

The Giants in 1986 wore a Spider patch, in honor of former safety Spider Lockhart, who died that year. That patch was on their SB unis in SB XXI.

The Giants and Buffalo Bills in SB XXV were the first teams to wear designed Super Bowl patches on their jerseys in the game.

Barry

Barry, my mind is fleeing my body!:eek: You are correct. I misdated a photo of 25 that I recalled seeing as being from 21.

The correction is appreciated.

Dave M.
Chicago area