PDA

View Full Version : Fake Steiner Cert, Junk on eBay

gucollector
02-08-2010, 10:52 AM
Some of these guys on eBay are just unbelievable. Check out this gem, a 1/1 Obama Jordan signed baseball, complete with Steiner Sports authentication. http://cgi.ebay.com/Barak-Obama-Michael-Jordan-1-1-auto-GU-baseball-Steiner_W0QQitemZ280453482473QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH _DefaultDomain_0?hash=item414c5487e9 (http://cgi.ebay.com/Barak-Obama-Michael-Jordan-1-1-auto-GU-baseball-Steiner_W0QQitemZ280453482473QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH _DefaultDomain_0?hash=item414c5487e9)

This brilliant guy left the MLB authenticated hologram on the ball, to add to the balls authenticity... and also added the number to the Steiner cert. Funny thing is Steiner must have made a mistake because the ball comes up as:

Session Product Description: GAME USED BALL
Session Name: PHIL HUGHES SIGNING
Session Date: April 29, 2007
Autographer: PHIL HUGHES
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
Because there is just no way this guy took a Hughes game used ball and removed the signature and signed two ridiculous looking signatures himself…

gucollector
02-08-2010, 10:54 AM
No idea what happened there, here is the auction...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Barak-Obama-Michael-Jordan-1-1-auto-GU-baseball-Steiner_W0QQitemZ280453482473QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH _DefaultDomain_0?hash=item414c5487e9 (http://cgi.ebay.com/Barak-Obama-Michael-Jordan-1-1-auto-GU-baseball-Steiner_W0QQitemZ280453482473QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH _DefaultDomain_0?hash=item414c5487e9)[/font]

Guy took a phil hughes game used signed ball, removed the signature and tried to turn it into an Obama Jordan dual signed ball, complete with Steiner certification. Just a joke.

legaleagle92481
02-08-2010, 10:59 AM
This is criminal and downright laughable. As we all know Steiner has not used the paper cert. for several years and Obama was a nobody when they used them. Jordan is a many years Upper Deck exclusive so why would he sign for Steiner? And the two autographs are not even close to what authentic signatures look like, among 1,000 other issues. Yet the guy has over 500 postive feedbacks and zero negatives so I guess it shows you what feedback is worth.

WadeInBmore
02-08-2010, 11:08 AM
If your gonna fake something atleast have the signatures going in the same direction so it displays nicely and not in that perpendicular pattern that they currently exhist in. And that doesn't even begin to describe the ugliness of the autos themselves LOL. I should be getting my BO auto'd pic in the mail any day now and I can look to see if that is even close...but that MJ is very wrong in sooooooo many ways (and I'm not even an autograph person)!!! Amazing and disappointing at the same time.

wade

TDKID
02-08-2010, 12:12 PM
So, there's no Steiner hologram on the ball ? How did he get the COA to look like that? The Obama signature acyually looks close(I have a real one). I'm not saying it's real, but how did he get the COA to look like that? And if he has a Steiner Holo on the ball, how is that explained ?

TDKID
02-08-2010, 12:18 PM
Here's my Obama auto. I got it before he even had the Democratic Nomination. It looks a lot like the one on the ball. So, when you say this fake one doesn't look like the real deal. That's just not true. As far as Jordan, he writes so sloppy it's sometimes hard to tell. I've always refused to pay the ridiculous prices for Jordan autos when he puts little or no effort into making a clean signature.

legaleagle92481
02-08-2010, 12:45 PM
Here's my Obama auto. I got it before he even had the Democratic Nomination. It looks a lot like the one on the ball. So, when you say this fake one doesn't look like the real deal. That's just not true. As far as Jordan, he writes so sloppy it's sometimes hard to tell. I've always refused to pay the ridiculous prices for Jordan autos when he puts little or no effort into making a clean signature.

There are several differences between your in person Obama signature and the signature in the listing. I printed them both and compared them side by side. I have seen many Jordan baseball sigs that are Upper Deck certified the signature in question is not even close to any of them. There is also an illegible inscription below the signature and Jordan rarely inscribes his signature and I have never seen it done on a baseball. UDA has an exclusive contract with him (for over 15 years) and he would be breaching it and subjecting himself to a lawsuit by doing a signing with Steiner. The Jordan stuff Steiner has sold was purchased from Upper Deck and has UDA holograms and COAs. Steiner does not employ autograph hounds who get signatures at hotels, airports, events, etc. so it could not have come that way. Every modern Steiner signature sells was obtained at a Steiner contracted sit down signing or purchased from another major autograph company. Also the baseball lacks the Steiner hologram and has what appears to be an "MLB hologram". The picture is too blurry to see the number of course but I am willing to bet the farm that the database will not id it as the item that was being offered if it shows up at all.

gucollector
02-08-2010, 01:32 PM
There are several differences between your in person Obama signature and the signature in the listing. I printed them both and compared them side by side. I have seen many Jordan baseball sigs that are Upper Deck certified the signature in question is not even close to any of them. There is also an illegible inscription below the signature and Jordan rarely inscribes his signature and I have never seen it done on a baseball. UDA has an exclusive contract with him (for over 15 years) and he would be breaching it and subjecting himself to a lawsuit by doing a signing with Steiner. The Jordan stuff Steiner has sold was purchased from Upper Deck and has UDA holograms and COAs. Steiner does not employ autograph hounds who get signatures at hotels, airports, events, etc. so it could not have come that way. Every modern Steiner signature sells was obtained at a Steiner contracted sit down signing or purchased from another major autograph company. Also the baseball lacks the Steiner hologram and has what appears to be an "MLB hologram". The picture is too blurry to see the number of course but I am willing to bet the farm that the database will not id it as the item that was being offered if it shows up at all.

The MLB hologram on that dual signed junk ball is BB349671, he was kind enough to list that info on his credit card style Steiner cert. When you look it up in the MLB data base, you can see what the item originally was before he doctored with it.

GAME USED BALL

legaleagle92481
02-08-2010, 01:42 PM
The MLB hologram on that dual signed junk ball is BB349671, he was kind enough to list that info on his credit card style Steiner cert. When you look it up in the MLB data base, you can see what the item originally was before he doctored with it.

GAME USED BALL

I wondered where you had gotten that from in your first post. That is pretty dumb if you are going to go to all that trouble with fake COAs and creating sigs why put something that can be easily verified? Who spending almost 2 grand would not look it up before bidding? I just found it interesting that there was a post trying to defend it as possibly legit. I just wonder why the auction ended, hopefully he did not sell this prize off Ebay.

gucollector
02-08-2010, 01:52 PM
I sent the seller an email calling him out, he responded with two ridiculous emails and then pulled the auction. I am sure we will see it again soon.

His response: "though authentic, not ready for sale, thanks for the heads up, you pathetic broke and ignorant moron. I don't understand the Phil Hughes reference though."

legaleagle92481
02-08-2010, 02:08 PM
I sent the seller an email calling him out, he responded with two ridiculous emails and then pulled the auction. I am sure we will see it again soon.

His response: "though authentic, not ready for sale, thanks for the heads up, you pathetic broke and ignorant moron. I don't understand the Phil Hughes reference though."

Wow got to love Ebay it shows you how valuable feedback really is. 529 people left him positive feedback nobody left negative. Yeah he will have to get around the hologram issue somehow it will be interesting to see what he comes up with.

buc
02-08-2010, 02:12 PM
Wow got to love Ebay it shows you how valuable feedback really is. 529 people left him positive feedback nobody left negative. Yeah he will have to get around the hologram issue somehow it will be interesting to see what he comes up with.

No worries...he is going to send it to TSA to be authenticated and they'll apply their hologram over it.

joelsabi
02-08-2010, 02:44 PM

GAME USED BALL

hmmm a sticker over another sticker? the weird things is like you said he shared too much info to make the new label look legit if this is the case. also, the sticker on the baseball doesn't look tampered. weird too.

yankees.stub
02-08-2010, 05:47 PM
Did you guys know that there are STEINER employees on here as FORUM MEMBER?

Just making a point!

:D

legaleagle92481
02-08-2010, 06:41 PM
Did you guys know that there are STEINER employees on here as FORUM MEMBER?

Just making a point!

I was kidding with you. They should pay you for how much you promote their signings on here. I mean what does the 86 reunion show have to do with the question about the 2008 team?

yankees.stub
02-08-2010, 06:43 PM
I was kidding with you. They should pay you for how much you promote their signings on here. I mean what does the 86 reunion show have to do with the question about the 2008 team?

:D Giants = Giants?

no?

TDKID
02-08-2010, 06:55 PM
I wondered where you had gotten that from in your first post. That is pretty dumb if you are going to go to all that trouble with fake COAs and creating sigs why put something that can be easily verified? Who spending almost 2 grand would not look it up before bidding? I just found it interesting that there was a post trying to defend it as possibly legit. I just wonder why the auction ended, hopefully he did not sell this prize off Ebay.

Who are you saying wrote a post defending it as real? In both of mine(if you go back and read) clearly states the Obama graph as being" the fake one" and "I'm not saying it's real" is clearly written in my other post. Who defended it as real ? I just said the fake Obama auto DID bear slight similarities to the fake one. In the first post of the thread it is stated that the Obama looks nothing like a real one. Not true at all. Who was defending it as real ?

TDKID
02-08-2010, 06:56 PM
Who are you saying wrote a post defending it as real? In both of mine(if you go back and read) clearly states the Obama graph as being" the fake one" and "I'm not saying it's real" is clearly written in my other post. Who defended it as real ? I just said the fake Obama auto DID bear slight similarities to the fake one. In the first post of the thread it is stated that the Obama looks nothing like a real one. Not true at all. Who was defending it as real ?

correction: The fake Obama autograph did bear slight similarities to the REAL one.

yankees.stub
02-08-2010, 06:59 PM
correction: The fake Obama autograph did bear slight similarities to the REAL one.

Even if the FAKE one looks similiar to the REAL one, the FAKE certificate will make everything FAKE!

Look like a duck, quack like a duck, waddle like like duck ... but the picture is a chicken .... IT IS NOT A DUCK!

legaleagle92481
02-08-2010, 07:10 PM
:D Giants = Giants?

no?

Lol. Ok if your going to that ask all the players who 13 was on the 2008 team and let us know the results.

TDKID
02-08-2010, 07:14 PM
Even if the FAKE one looks similiar to the REAL one, the FAKE certificate will make everything FAKE!

Look like a duck, quack like a duck, waddle like like duck ... but the picture is a chicken .... IT IS NOT A DUCK!

In the second post on this thread the signatures are called "ridiculous." Well The Obama is not. It looks like a real one. I never said it was real. Never defended it, or anything else. i merely said it wasn't a bad forgery. I KNOW IT"S FAKE !

yankees.stub
02-08-2010, 07:42 PM
<<Do you work for Steiner? You promote Steiner shows and signings alot in your posts. i.e. Sabathia, Longoria, now this. If you do it is only fair to let us all know.>>

I like Steiner stuff and the company. There are alot of area that they can improve upon but it will take time for them to clear out kinks and so forth.

Steiner authenticated stuffs do have a higher value also but I am not about to break the bank for some of their stuff - which is why I like the shows they put together.

Most of the athletes they have in the public signings - there is NO chance for me to get the autograph without any headache. So whenever they have a show, I am looking forward to see those athletes to have my GAME USED item signs - which is in storage 360 days out of the year!

And NO, I dont work for Steiner - bashing them too much in my earlier post - with fairness of course.

If they hire authenticators to authenticate FAN CAUGHT HR - I will work for tickets (so I dont have to pay for my own). Wouldnt that be a great job - go to the stadium and hang out by HR area, watch the game, and if a HR happened - go and do your job .... which should not be much - gather personal infos, take notes and slap a hologram on it! By the end of the day, put those infos in a database without the person real infos and let them make a quick buck$ out of it!

Wow, now that is some hard work!