PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Howard game used cleats. Same pair on ebay and American Memorabilia?

skyliner59
02-08-2010, 09:46 PM
Just wondering if someone here can shed some light on this. It seems that the same pair of Ryan Howard game used spikes are currently for sale on ebay by 13alexrodriguez and are in American Memorabilia's current auction. They even have the same authentication Number. Seems a bit pecuilar. Any thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/RYAN-HOWARD-SIGNED-GAME-USED-CLEATS-PHILLIES-2007_W0QQitemZ220547039330QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item3359a0c062

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=55138&auccat=Baseball Game-Used&offset=30

Manram
02-08-2010, 09:49 PM
Very cool cleats, but have no clue why both are for sale, on different sites

yankees.stub
02-08-2010, 09:59 PM
Very cool cleats, but have no clue why both are for sale, on different sites

It's called DOUBLE DIPPING!

They will honor the HIGHER Winning bid!

With eB... experiences, seller can request to cancel a completed transaction and there is NOT much a buyer can do. If you paid, you will get refunded.

Seen it too many times before!

skyliner59
02-08-2010, 10:07 PM
Real nice. I guess 13alexrodriguez is not one I would want to do business with if this is the case. Or is it american memorbilia? Or are they one in the same?

yankees.stub
02-08-2010, 10:50 PM
Real nice. I guess 13alexrodriguez is not one I would want to do business with if this is the case. Or is it american memorbilia? Or are they one in the same?

Dont know if they are the same or two seperate individuals ...

But either way, who ever they are ... they are trying to get the best buck$ possible....

legaleagle92481
02-09-2010, 12:11 AM
They are probably two different sets of cleats. I have seen several over the years on the market. Howard had a deal with Mitchell Marketing also known as Simply Awesome a few years back which put alot of his cleats and batting gloves on the market. He wore more than one pair of cleats that year. A few months ago Ironclad had six pairs of Joe Mauer cleats from his first batting title year on the market at once. Another theory maybe it is the same item and the Ebay listing has been up for awhile and the seller forgot about it when he consigned to American Memorabilia. The Arod13 company (the ebay seller) is based in Florida American Memorabilia is based in Vegas they are not the same outfit. Why would AM sell on Ebay and incur those lovely Ebay fees when they could just sell themselves it is not like Ebay is known for generating high prices.

David
02-09-2010, 02:42 PM
Perhaps stock photos were used.

Tim+Jeff
02-09-2010, 07:53 PM
If you notice in the left shoe of the first picture it looks like it says sample. Just wanted to point that out.:D

Tim+Jeff
02-09-2010, 07:55 PM
I meant the one on ebay has sample on it. Do they usally pur sample on them?

hiflyer56
02-10-2010, 12:57 AM
Just so you know 13alexrodriguez is a please to do business with. Just bought a nice piece off him. Came quick and responds quickly to questions.

(I am i no mean 13alexrodriguez don't know the guy personally just talked over email)

Rossi46
02-15-2010, 04:38 PM
I've seen this seller have multiple pairs of Howard cleats over that past few years. I'm sure they are different pairs. They are very cool looking. Awesome how he has the family tree on the tongue of the shoe!